Maurice Walker youtube Vid

Sweet video, thanks for posting. What's the over under on when Mo's tears down his first rim?

He reminds me of the Omar Samhan guy for Saint Mary's. Anyone else see that in him?

I agree. I see Samhan, too. I mentioned that when he was being recruited, actually. Hopefully he develops into a player just as effective.

He looks like he moves his feet pretty well for a dude as BIG as he is, both tall and wide. He's not as quick as Draymond Green, but he looks more powerful and comfortable underneath than at the wing. He looks like he knows what he is doing (Ralph...).

I always like big men who have been playing basketball their whole lives. They tend to be much smarter players than guys who say to themselves "hey, I'm getting pretty tall. Maybe I should play basketball"

I'm excited for Mo. His minutes will be limited behind RS3 and Iverson his first 2 years, but by his junior year I expect him to have his weight down around 275-280 and I have no doubt he will be a beast in the paint

I've seen youtube productions of Walker, Hollins and the European and it sure doesn't look like an athletic class. That's not necessarily bad if it are a group that understands the importance of playing together.

I've seen youtube productions of Walker, Hollins and the European and it sure doesn't look like an athletic class. That's not necessarily bad if it are a group that understands the importance of playing together.

I would say Hollins is pretty ahtletic and I don't think Walker needs to be a freak athlete when he is as big as he is.

Looks good around the basket and has a nice stroke...I'm guessing they're going to try and slim him down a little since we tend to push the ball a little more as a team? That's about the only real thing I can see for now, then that also will let him be able to dunk all the layups that people nearly came over top to block...should be a fun kid to watch

Mo ________ - Waker

From the looks of the video, I don't think anybody's going to break out the old "Sky-Walker" nickname for Mo! Looks more like "Earth-Walker"
As has already been said, he may never need to play above the rim if he uses his body effectively. He looks like he could blot out the sun. I can't wait to see him setting a pick in the halfcourt offense. Uff-da!
He should be able to box out with his size and strength and can get up enough to cram an offensive rebound.

He looked good in the video, but there wasn't much defense on him.

From the looks of the video, I don't think anybody's going to break out the old "Sky-Walker" nickname for Mo! Looks more like "Earth-Walker"
As has already been said, he may never need to play above the rim if he uses his body effectively. He looks like he could blot out the sun. I can't wait to see him setting a pick in the halfcourt offense. Uff-da!
He should be able to box out with his size and strength and can get up enough to cram an offensive rebound.

He will need to loose 30lbs of fat and gain 10lbs muscle, for those non-mathematician that's drop 20lbs and lean up. I like his shot release and touch, I wouldn't like to try to get around him crashing the boards. The video didn't show me much besides he now has the worst vertical on the team by at least 6-8".

He will need to loose 30lbs of fat and gain 10lbs muscle, for those non-mathematician that's drop 20lbs and lean up. I like his shot release and touch, I wouldn't like to try to get around him crashing the boards. The video didn't show me much besides he now has the worst vertical on the team by at least 6-8".

He has a good start to building a jumper, but its FAR to slow to get off a look in the college game. He’s got that Glenn Davis body type. I’ve meet Glen before and now he’s about 6’7 290 but a rock. I’m 6’3 240 and standing next to him I looked like a high school kid. I’ve never seen tape of Davis back when he was in high school but I’m guessing he was more athletic. Still if this kid commits to building a body he could be a force. If not, he will be out of the program in two years maybe less. I like watching this video, it gives you a good look at what these guys have to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOmfvpOw62U

I'm not really sure why everyone is obsessed with him dropping 20, 30 pounds.

I like the Glen Davis comment...although Glen Davis has extremely quick feet for a dude his size. How about this one: DeJuan Blair from Pitt, now playing for the Spurs. Mo is actually taller by 3, 4 inches but the body type is similar. The key really is if Mo knows how to use his body around the rim to create shots/put backs/and 1's. He looks like a little bit of a project, but he does look very skilled.

Damn! This guy could make an impact some day. I'm very excited! He's a top-tier 3 star talent for shizzle my nizzle.

If that video tells me anything its that Mo is already better than Ralph and Colton. I remember watching Ralph's high school highlight videos and they were pretty pathetic but somehow he was a four star. The fact that he's showing a smooth jumper from the perimeter is a great sign (this should have been something that ralph was good at but i don't remember him making a single jumper all year). Also, i don't think it's going to matter much if his jumper looks slow. He's 6'10", most other centers aren't going to be guarding him face up at the three point line; he should be able to get open looks.

If that video tells me anything its that Mo is already better than Ralph and Colton. I remember watching Ralph's high school highlight videos and they were pretty pathetic but somehow he was a four star. The fact that he's showing a smooth jumper from the perimeter is a great sign (this should have been something that ralph was good at but i don't remember him making a single jumper all year). Also, i don't think it's going to matter much if his jumper looks slow. He's 6'10", most other centers aren't going to be guarding him face up at the three point line; he should be able to get open looks.

But Ralph's highlight video showed him shooting smooth jumpers from the perimeter.

(this should have been something that ralph was good at but i don't remember him making a single jumper all year)

I remember Sampson sinking a 3 pointer in the 1 point loss to Purdue last year, but yeah, point taken.

You should have watched more games.

Jamiche you've hit on my concern with this class. The Gophers are losing Damian, Paul Carter, and Lawrence Westbrook and I'd like to see the Gophers increase the athleticism of their team instead of decrease it. I think Hollins might be a little underrated as an athlete, but I don't think he replaces any of the above 3 (though he could be a better basketball player at some point in his career).

I do like the fact that for the next two years we should have 4 guys competing at the 5 and for some of the minutes at the 4 in Ralph, Colton, Mo, and Elliott. That competition should ensure that we have improved post play and rebounding in the next few years.

Thanks for posting the video. Just curious, who signed the point guard Ashton Khan?

You can improve your verticle 7 to 10 inches by doing bunny hops across the gym every day. It worked for me.

You drop you butty as low as you can go and you hop/spring as high as you can acorss the gym as fast as you can. it also improves your quickness. and VUELLA--- I Can SKY.

Minnesota needs a Big time scorrer. Man would they have a team..

AT worst, another Jon Williams.. at best?

Walker reminds me of John Williams. Big player, limited athlete. I think Walker looks to be more skilled per the You Tube video. He looks like he could bang if thats part of his demeanor. It'll be nice to have a third person able to set a pick besides Hoffarber and Iverson.

I wonder if he will have trouble getting up and down the floor. He does make Iverson look fast. He definitely needs to get his weight down to 270 or less and get stronger.

Top Bottom