Maurice Walker could commit to the Gophers this weekend, and influence Cory Jospeh

GH: What height and weight are you at right now?
MW: 6’10 about 300 pounds.

Damn. That's a big boy.

It was fun to entertain the thought of having Seantrel Henderson play for us.

Walker looks like he'll be just as fun to watch.

Cool. :)

Great interview. Seems like a fine young man. Would be a great addition. Sign him up - no trips to Kentucky for Mo (hopefully).

Kentucky must just be getting into the recruiting battle for Mo with all their recent departures. Kentucky is appealing... makes me a little nervous.

What is with the statement, "I’m thinking if I let him know that I’m commited, and about to sign (to Minnesota), he’ll probably bump it up a spot or two."

What? I sure hope he is trying to just throw us off! This means Minnesota is currently no. 3 at best. WTF

I like this guy, it sounds like he's got his head on straight. He'd be a great addition, Cory or no Cory. That Kentucky interest is making me nervous too.

I really hope he commits this weekend, however if he doesn't I'm not sure I like our chances of getting him. That quote about Cory having us in his top 5 makes me nervous.

If he gets into education, he's going to be an intimidating teacher, that's for sure...

Damn. That's a big boy.

It was fun to entertain the thought of having Seantrel Henderson play for us.

Walker looks like he'll be just as fun to watch.

Cool. :)

Those were my thoughts exactly! That's why I asked him about playing football, he certainly has the Seantrel-like build. His Mom did advise him well, now he's set to get college paid for with bball.

I really hope he commits this weekend, however if he doesn't I'm not sure I like our chances of getting him. That quote about Cory having us in his top 5 makes me nervous.

I wouldn't look into it too much - I think he was just staying with Cory's message that he has a top five, and not narrowing it down yet. Who knows if they really are a package deal, but Mo is good enough on his own, and has a nice offer list - that he doesn't need to say that if it's not true.

Sounds like he needs to go on the Dexter Pittman diet.

I'm guessing you're trying to get banned from the board.

Uncool.

Mo would destroy Pittman one on one. He's far more athletic from what I've seen of him. And he has a sweet jumper.

This guy will help the team that's lucky enough to sign him.

Anyone else seeing a huge resemblance to Omar Samhan (St. Mary's)?

Obviously, needs a little refinement, but who doesn't as a freshman? I could see this kid developing really well into something like Samhan. Plus, that shot could be really useful... force opposing big men to defend outside, open up the lane for some cuts and/or high-low action.

Tubby is trying to recruit phyical players in the post. We want him to be that immovable post player, so there is no need for him to lose 100 pounds like Pittman had to.

Kentucky is already close to signing point and shooting guards and neither is Cory. They also have a big nearly signed and one from Turkey ( not the bird!) on the heavy-attention list. MO is a great fit for MN!

Sorry to all who was got piss about that comment. I wasn't trying to compare him or his game to Pittman but I said it under the assumption that his ideal playing wieght is less than 300. I haven't seen any tape of him playing. I wasn't saying that he should lose 100 pounds just a few and maybe move some pound around.

Kentucky is already close to signing point and shooting guards and neither is Cory. They also have a big nearly signed and one from Turkey ( not the bird!) on the heavy-attention list. MO is a great fit for MN!

UK leads for Brandon Knight. They are in Top 2 or 3 for several other G and F but no other C (besides Enes Kanter from Turkey).

Sorry to all who was got piss about that comment. I wasn't trying to compare him or his game to Pittman but I said it under the assumption that his ideal playing wieght is less than 300. I haven't seen any tape of him playing. I wasn't saying that he should lose 100 pounds just a few and maybe move some pound around.

np... i was actually just giving you a hard time.

Top Bottom