Maturi Not Happy...

What the hell does last year have to do with anything?

Tony Dungy was a hell of a QB 35 years ago - should we give him a call and see if he wants to line up?

Dumb.

Dumb!

It means our new OC has not found a way to make this team be any more successful with the same putrid line and same receivers we had last year! Oh don't forget we added 4-star recruit Hayo Carpenter.

2009 vs PSU and OSU
7 points
24 first downs
150 rushing yards
264 passing yards
424 total yards

78 of the yards and all seven points in last drive.

2008 vs OSU

21 points
18 fd
81 rushing yards
187 passing yards
268 total yards.

Co-Coordinators will fail 90% of the time. one is really the man the other just has a title. The man is not always the right CO. especially on D

On 1500 this morning it was stated that Brewster fired Dunbar without consulting Maturi and it didn't go over good. After all, didn't that hire break new ground for asst. coach salaries at the U? Conventional wisdom would point to Brewster getting another year to develop his recruits, but who knows if there are other issues behind the scenes to add to the issue of poor play.

FYI, I understand there are most certainly other issues behind the scenes to add to the issue of poor play. I don't know the source of this info in the original post, but it is my understanding Maturi went way out on a line, alone, to get Brewster hired. If the OP is correct, it may be an indication that Brewster may be Maturi's Waterloo.

FYI, I understand there are most certainly other issues behind the scenes to add to the issue of poor play. I don't know the source of this info in the original post, but it is my understanding Maturi went way out on a line, alone, to get Brewster hired. If the OP is correct, it may be an indication that Brewster may be Maturi's Waterloo.

Maybe initially but that doesn't mean events haven't unfolded since then.......

Thai, the program has never seen the excitement that Brew has bought except since Holtz. You're telling me that Maturi is seriously considering pulling the plug on this after 3 years, because our team is currently mediocre? How did we get to have higher expectations than Michigan?

Thai, the program has never seen the excitement that Brew has bought except since Holtz. You're telling me that Maturi is seriously considering pulling the plug on this after 3 years, because our team is currently mediocre? How did we get to have higher expectations than Michigan?

You got all of that from what I said? Wow...I was simply implying that nobody knows what's occurred since the hiring. If Brewster firing Dunbar & hiring Fisch ticked Maturi off then of course Maturi is going to put a lot of pressure on Brewster with his expectations of Fisch. If Fisch doesn't live up to Brewster's "Real Knockout" then he may start to lose faith in Brewster. Will Brew be fire this year? Naw...only giving him 3 years is slightly retar..."Hawkeye" :)clap:)...but if we finish 5-7 this year and completely bomb next year then Maturi may pull the plug on the dubbed "Used Car Salesman."

I still think the problem with Weber is that he played in the spread last season and that offense can make an average QB with a lot of moxie and some toughness look like a world-beater. Plus, the reads out of the spread are a lot easier. I didn't like the Dunbar hire in the first place, but once you're in the spread, it's a hard offense to transition out of.

My beef on Fisch is that he appears to have this really odd combination of being creative and predictable at exactly the wrong times. Stay with me here. We seem to do the off-beat play and lose five yards and then get predictable. Granted, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for Weber and the mistakes on offense have been killers.

As for the benching of Stommes, I'm old. In my 50s. Back in the day, if the best player on the team screwed up, he sat a play. Now Stommes is no prima donna (one of the hardest working guys on the team from my view) and I imagine, while not taking the benching well, he probably understood why it happened. If that doesn't play in the locker room, tough toenails. Fisch may have tried to do too much in a short amount of time and that has led to blown assignments, but the coaches are in charge.

Top Bottom