Maturi Needs to Go

GopherFish

Reaction score
Maturi needs to go. Maturi is earning an incredible amount of money to run the Gophers major sports programs into the ground. I hope Gopher fans get vocal and chant loudly at games to Fire Maturi as this might force the issue or at least wipe the smirk off of Joel's face.

Really great thread.

And as the losses continue, there'll hardly be enough fans there to organize chants.

Well, the 12th man, to kill a badger...zambam...

Don't knock Gopher Fish for asking why on earth badger joel macturi is still employed by the U. Obviously NO BODY over there has a clue. This prexy k dude/dudette, which ever his case may be is just sitting, cowering in the corner.

Since this prexy k character isn't doing anything: I think Gopher Fish has a great idea. It is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands and to FORCE this issue.

A note to prexy k: get up off your duff and DO SOMETHING. IF you don't "get" that the fans are disgusted with your athletic director it is HIGH time that it was pointed out to you in no uncertain terms.

You have got the power prexy k. Get off dead center and DO SOMETHING about the athletic director situation. Do it NOW...mid-season. Give the fans a little hope that you DO give a rip about the Football Program, the Coaches, the players, and yes...EVEN the long-time season ticket holders.

We need a down payment from you, prexy k on a brighter future for this football program. We want "...a pound of flesh..."to show us that you really care about all the damage bjm has done to this football program during the past five years. Some of us old fans who have hung in there for the past fifty years or so are running out of time. You administrators at the U of M haven't given us very much reason to go on. Do something...NOW!

; 0 )

Thank God someone finally had the guts to call for Maturi's firing.

Whatever... I was seriously thinking about posting this very same thing today.. I felt ballsy enough to do what no one has ever had the guts to do. He just beat me to it, that's all.

Whatever... I was seriously thinking about posting this very same thing today.. I felt ballsy enough to do what no one has ever had the guts to do. He just beat me to it, that's all.
Since I have been here there have been at least 4 threads all about firing Maturi, and I haven't been here long.

If maturi wasn't here the athletic programs would
Be in much worse shape. Leave Maturi alone.

Since I have been here there have been at least 4 threads all about firing Maturi, and I haven't been here long.

Hey moderators, how about combining all the "Fire Maturi" threads into a single thread.

Are you allowed to bring signs into TCF? A bunch of Gopherholers holding up Fire Macturi signs might get some attention

I was wondering when someone would finally start a thread on this subject. What a relief that this has finally seen the light of day, at least the kind of "light of day" that streams in through a basement window into a make-shift home office.

The Kessel, 19 November 1942 - 31 January 1943

Wow, this is a fresh idea.

zambam,

1. We cannot move on until this horrible teratoma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma in the form of Joel Maturi, who has traumatized, beleaguered, sickened, and irreparably damaged University of Minnesota revenue sports programs is summarily relieved of his duties as Athletic Director, and any other duties or collateral positions he may hold at the University of Minnesota.
2. I find most disturbing Sid Hartman’s revelation that Kathryn F. Brown http://www.umorepark.umn.edu/planning/llc/governors/brown/index.htm, Joel Maturi’s immediate supervisor http://www.academic.umn.edu/accreditation/orgcharts/b_pres.pdf, was copartner in the decision to have Joel Maturi deliver the termination notice to Glen Mason. As I have stated many times before, I find it totally irrelevant who was the authority that gave the order to pull the trigger, be it Robert Bruininks, The Regents of the University of Minnesota, Kathryn F. Brown, Paul Tagliabue, Red McCombs, Ziggy Wilf, or Joel Maturi himself.
a. The Athletic Director is the firewall between the coaches and all other external power brokers, which includes Morrill Hall. If any of the aforementioned gave the order to Joel to deliver the termination notice to Glen Mason, then in my mind Joel Maturi failed a sacred responsibility. Joel should have had the character and integrity to stand up to them, refuse the order, and tender his own resignation in protest.
b. If the decision to fire Glen Mason was indeed Joel Maturi’s and Joel’s alone, then he should have resigned before he fired Tim Brewster, in acknowledgement of his own personal mistakes and lack of judgment. He did neither.
3. Joel Maturi is at it again. Recent news indicates he just approved a three year contract extension to his good personal friend Don Lucia. I no longer follow Golden Gopher Hockey much anymore. Yet the pattern is all too familiar. Grant an extension to the coach, then pull the rug out from under him a year later, and then pay a huge sum of money to the coach to buy out the contract. If this is not the pinnacle of financial and fiduciary irresponsibility, then what is it? More to the point, whose money is it that Joel is playing with and throwing around like confetti?
4. I am tired of the propaganda machine that seeks to paint Glen Mason as not caring about the football program and giving up on it. This is a convenient story propagated by the NFL / Vikings cartel. Glen had totally outmaneuvered and outflanked the NFL / Vikings cartel in succeeding to convince the Minnesota Legislature and Governor to bankroll a new Golden Gopher football stadium with public money. The NFL / Vikings had unsuccessfully been trying to extort such a deal from the Minnesota Legislature and Governor for many years, threatening to move the Vikings franchise many times as punishment for not bankrolling a new stadium for the Vikings with public money. The NFL / Vikings cartel bosses were infuriated by what Glen accomplished with the Legislature. They were terrified that if Glen was allowed to continue as head coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the new TCF Bank Stadium, Golden Gopher football starts resurging, consistently playing .500+ football within in the Big Ten Conference. This would constitute unacceptable competition for Vikings ticket sales and royalties. Glen Mason had to be fired. Joel Maturi was the trigger man.
5. Let us remember that despite whatever anybody may claim, Glen Mason was the best football coach we had since Cal Stoll. There was no good reason for firing Cal Stoll. Likewise, there was no good reason for firing Glen Mason.
6. In the annals of NCAA Division 1A athletic directors, Joel Maturi’s leadership, decision making, and stewardship of the University of Minnesota revenue sports programs begs comparison and runs parallel with Herr Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich Wilhelm Ernst Paulus’ leadership, decision making, and stewardship of the much vaunted German Sixth Army.
7. We must break out of The Kessel entrapment which Joel Maturi has led us into. Let us hope and pray that Jerry Kill will lead us out of “The Kessel.”

Maturi needs to go. Maturi is earning an incredible amount of money to run the Gophers major sports programs into the ground. I hope Gopher fans get vocal and chant loudly at games to Fire Maturi as this might force the issue or at least wipe the smirk off of Joel's face.

Let me guess, you want your buddy Bob Stein to be the new A.D.

zambam,

1. We cannot move on until this horrible teratoma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma in the form of Joel Maturi, who has traumatized, beleaguered, sickened, and irreparably damaged University of Minnesota revenue sports programs is summarily relieved of his duties as Athletic Director, and any other duties or collateral positions he may hold at the University of Minnesota.
2. I find most disturbing Sid Hartman’s revelation that Kathryn F. Brown http://www.umorepark.umn.edu/planning/llc/governors/brown/index.htm, Joel Maturi’s immediate supervisor http://www.academic.umn.edu/accreditation/orgcharts/b_pres.pdf, was copartner in the decision to have Joel Maturi deliver the termination notice to Glen Mason. As I have stated many times before, I find it totally irrelevant who was the authority that gave the order to pull the trigger, be it Robert Bruininks, The Regents of the University of Minnesota, Kathryn F. Brown, Paul Tagliabue, Red McCombs, Ziggy Wilf, or Joel Maturi himself.
a. The Athletic Director is the firewall between the coaches and all other external power brokers, which includes Morrill Hall. If any of the aforementioned gave the order to Joel to deliver the termination notice to Glen Mason, then in my mind Joel Maturi failed a sacred responsibility. Joel should have had the character and integrity to stand up to them, refuse the order, and tender his own resignation in protest.
b. If the decision to fire Glen Mason was indeed Joel Maturi’s and Joel’s alone, then he should have resigned before he fired Tim Brewster, in acknowledgement of his own personal mistakes and lack of judgment. He did neither.
3. Joel Maturi is at it again. Recent news indicates he just approved a three year contract extension to his good personal friend Don Lucia. I no longer follow Golden Gopher Hockey much anymore. Yet the pattern is all too familiar. Grant an extension to the coach, then pull the rug out from under him a year later, and then pay a huge sum of money to the coach to buy out the contract. If this is not the pinnacle of financial and fiduciary irresponsibility, then what is it? More to the point, whose money is it that Joel is playing with and throwing around like confetti?
4. I am tired of the propaganda machine that seeks to paint Glen Mason as not caring about the football program and giving up on it. This is a convenient story propagated by the NFL / Vikings cartel. Glen had totally outmaneuvered and outflanked the NFL / Vikings cartel in succeeding to convince the Minnesota Legislature and Governor to bankroll a new Golden Gopher football stadium with public money. The NFL / Vikings had unsuccessfully been trying to extort such a deal from the Minnesota Legislature and Governor for many years, threatening to move the Vikings franchise many times as punishment for not bankrolling a new stadium for the Vikings with public money. The NFL / Vikings cartel bosses were infuriated by what Glen accomplished with the Legislature. They were terrified that if Glen was allowed to continue as head coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the new TCF Bank Stadium, Golden Gopher football starts resurging, consistently playing .500+ football within in the Big Ten Conference. This would constitute unacceptable competition for Vikings ticket sales and royalties. Glen Mason had to be fired. Joel Maturi was the trigger man.
5. Let us remember that despite whatever anybody may claim, Glen Mason was the best football coach we had since Cal Stoll. There was no good reason for firing Cal Stoll. Likewise, there was no good reason for firing Glen Mason.
6. In the annals of NCAA Division 1A athletic directors, Joel Maturi’s leadership, decision making, and stewardship of the University of Minnesota revenue sports programs begs comparison and runs parallel with Herr Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich Wilhelm Ernst Paulus’ leadership, decision making, and stewardship of the much vaunted German Sixth Army.
7. We must break out of The Kessel entrapment which Joel Maturi has led us into. Let us hope and pray that Jerry Kill will lead us out of “The Kessel.”
WOOOOOOOOOOOW, you are truly special. None of this has anything to do with this topic being redundant.

Glen Mason for Athletic Director

Let me guess, you want your buddy Bob Stein to be the new A.D.

MSGopher,

1. I would like to see Glen Mason be appointed as the new Athletic Director.

2. For one, it would be a classic repudiation of Joel Maturi. Secondly, I think Glen would be great for rejuvination of our revenue sports. Third, who better to help Jerry Kill break us out of "The Kessel" entrapment Joel Maturi led us into?

3. OK, everybody can commence throwing rotten vegetables and rotten eggs at me.

The Kessel, 19 November 1942 - 31 January 1943

WOOOOOOOOOOOW, you are truly special. None of this has anything to do with this topic being redundant.

zambam,

1. You are a Joel Maturi apologist, so I feel compelled to tell you, and tell you again what you refuse to digest. Heck, Joel might even be writing your performance appraisal for all I know. If Joel goes, then maybe you go too?

2. So I understand your attachment to Joel. Nevertheless, as Nancy Reagan always used to say, "Just say NO to Yale, Harvard, and Notre Dame graduates!"

3. Let us pray that Jerry Kill breaks us out of "The Kessel" entrapment that your Dear Leader (Joel Maturi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Paulus, not Kim Jong-Il) has led us into.

I have no great appreciation or any attachment to Joel Maturi. All I'm saying is there is no need to keep starting the topic about Joel Maturi.
Also, you don't need to attend the U to want the Gophers to succeed. I am not going to the U but I am a HUGE Gopher fan.
BTW, when did Nancy Reagan say that? I tried to find it but it is no where.

I think Maturi will be gone and here's why I think that. It's fairly obvious that for whatever reason (and there's probably a lot of them), Mason and Maturi weren't on the same page. There were also rumors that Brewster and Maturi weren't on the best of terms after the first year or so of their relationship. Now we see Kill end-running Maturi and heading straight to Kaler (maybe it wasn't an end run, but it looked a bit that way from reports in the papers).

Anyway, that's three football coaches in a row--one of them Maturi's hand-picked guy (Brewster)--who have gotten crosswise with him (or Maturi got crosswise with them) and that has to register with Kaler.

Great call 6 November 1999! Bring in Glen Mason and DITCH badger joel macturi NOW! macturi has driven football at the U of M into the utter depths of the Big Ten basement. He must go NOW.

; 0 )

zambam,

Lol, I bet your life is really exciting with all the cartels and conspiracies going on around you.

Is yesterday soon enough to get rid of him?

Top Bottom