Maturi Let Royce Play Now

let Royce Play!....

NEXT YEAR!

After he shows effort to clean up his act by

1) not getting kicked out of any new dorms
2) not shoplifting anything
3) not pushing any security guards down
4) not being seen with a group suspected of casing a dorm (a dorm he was already banned from, BTW) at the same time a laptop went missing.

and maybe the most important ...
5) getting a new set of "friends".

let Royce Play!....

NEXT YEAR!

After he shows effort to clean up his act by

1) not getting kicked out of any new dorms
2) not shoplifting anything
3) not pushing any security guards down
4) not being seen with a group suspected of casing a dorm (a dorm he was already banned from, BTW) at the same time a laptop went missing.

and maybe the most important ...
5) getting a new set of "friends".

Agree, he is getting exactly what he deserves.

I'm frustrated with this season considering we lost nothing from last year's team and are a worse team so far this season. I'm not angry at Coach Smith or Athletic Director Maturi, I'm disappointed at Royce White and if the facts point to guilt, Trevor Mbwake too. Royce White hasn't shown a whole lot of humility here and made a fool of himself and brought negative attention to the program since his suspension. His committment also affected two recuiting classes.

The MOA incident is his fault. He's also played a role with the fact that the laptop investigation is still going on. Royce White chose to keep it real and not cooperate with investigators and they needed to take more time to identify his party. Furthermore, if you were a veteran investigator, would you go out of your way to finish a case so some 18 year old who wouldn't cooperate with you could get on with his basketball career? I don't blame the police at all for taking their time and going on vacation if he did indeed refuse to cooperate. Royce White is the party that needed the case closed, not the PD.

typical Minnesota 'crab'... pull everyone else down to your level if they desire to climb up and out.. so it was you driving 55 in the left lane of 494 this a.m. slowing down those of us not willing to cooperate and wanting to go 60.

let Royce play.

Let Royce Play

MS....Charge him with a crime then? Ever heard of Due process? It is not moral to prevent a kid from playing when he has not even been charged with a crime!
Yes, White was a very poor example in the MOA case and admitted guilt and paid his price. In this case we have nothing but an accusation and a lenghty investigation. (Waste of tax Payer money). How would you like to be prevented from doing something you love if you were accused ,not charged but were guilty by association? Just like Justice Clarenace Thomas- Accused but could not be proven!! You are pretty arrogant to suggest that you would deny him due process. What example are people like you and Joe Matury teaching these kids?

Let Royce Play

MS....Charge him with a crime then? Ever heard of Due process? It is not moral to prevent a kid from playing when he has not even been charged with a crime!
Yes, White was a very poor example in the MOA case and admitted guilt and paid his price. In this case we have nothing but an accusation and a lenghty investigation. (Waste of tax Payer money). How would you like to be prevented from doing something you love if you were accused ,not charged but were guilty by association? Just like Justice Clarenace Thomas- Accused but could not be proven!! You are pretty arrogant to suggest that you would deny him due process. What example are people like you and Joe Matury teaching these kids?

Please tell me you don't have (or are in the process of getting) a diploma from the University of Minnesota.

As I said once before, I think there is more to this situation than has been publicly disclosed. I'm not an attorney but I don't think the due process argument applies to a university team, just as it doesn't apply to your place of employment. Royce is a sort of "member of the team at will" just as most of us are "employees at will" on the job. His status is solely at the discretion of Tubby and Maturi. I have criticized Tubby and Maturi for many things this season but this is not one of them. I think it has been handled correctly.

Let Royce Play

Yes, White was a very poor example in the MOA case and admitted guilt and paid his price. In this case we have nothing but an accusation and a lenghty investigation. (Waste of tax Payer money). How would you like to be prevented from doing something you love if you were accused ,not charged but were guilty by association? Just like Justice Clarenace Thomas- Accused but could not be proven!! You are pretty arrogant to suggest that you would deny him due process. What example are people like you and Joe Matury teaching these kids?[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, Tubby has suspended Royce, not Maturi. Maturi has suspended Trevor Mbakwe. So that's point number one. Point number two is that Tubby is doing this to teach Royce that there are consequences for getting in trouble on several different occasions during a two-year stretch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Isn't Royce's suspension from Tubby and Mbakwe's from Minnesota (i.e. Maturi)? I guess I was under the impression that Royce's being suspended had more to do with his overall bad behavior (e.g. kicked out of two dorms, MOA incident) than it did the laptop issue specifically.

That was my impression, but at this point nobody knows.

Tubby seems to keep this kind of stuff in-house (the reasons for suspending Bostick, parameters of White suspension, rumored academic issues w/ Nolen and Williams, brief suspension of Westbrook and Nolen). I suppose that's a good thing, though frustrating for fans.

Good points made here. The only thing is, when you listen to Maturi discuss the latest Royce White case, he talks about waiting for the University investigation to end. He does not mention anything about the non-illegal activities of Royce going to a banned dorm, hanging out with a bad crowd, Utube Videos,etc. I understand through sources that Royce is a b+ student, goes to class and has learned his lesson from the MOA case. Maybe a taste of practicing and playing in a game would be motivation for him to turn the corner and take the High-road in
his future decision-making. If in fact, his crimes are so gregious, then maybe Tubby should just release him from the team. My opinion, It is time to get off the fense...

Good points made here. The only thing is, when you listen to Maturi discuss the latest Royce White case, he talks about waiting for the University investigation to end. He does not mention anything about the non-illegal activities of Royce going to a banned dorm, hanging out with a bad crowd, Utube Videos,etc. I understand through sources that Royce is a b+ student, goes to class and has learned his lesson from the MOA case. Maybe a taste of practicing and playing in a game would be motivation for him to turn the corner and take the High-road in
his future decision-making. If in fact, his crimes are so gregious, then maybe Tubby should just release him from the team. My opinion, It is time to get off the fense...

Please learn how to spell.

If you email Maturi, as others have, he will tell you that aside from the laptop incident there are several other issues of breaking team rules that are preventing Royce from being part of the program.

I'm pretty sure that he cites the case as cover so that he doesn't have to get into the non public stuff.

I can hear the chants...shhhh....listen...LET ROYCE PLAY,.,,LET ROYCE PLAY.....LET ROYCE PLAY.....

maybe if maturi would have allowed him to practice and keep busy with the team, he would not have had time to make utube videos,etc and cause all the distractions. Just a thought...

Shhhh....it is gettting louder----let royce play...let royce play....

Top Bottom