Maturi Has Made His Last Head FB Hire

spermophilus

Reaction score
Face it. Either Brewster's recruits pan out, and his - and his staff's - preparation and game day management coalesce and improve, he will be out. Maturi is in his mid-60's, and if you make a bold (read: high risk/high reward) hire, you are inexorably and forever linked - and judged - by that decision.

John McCain, anyone . . . oy, vey . . .

If the Gophers do succeed under Brewster, Maturi will extend him. Either way, this is Maturi's last FB HC hire.

Anyway, and as a final note, would you trust Maturi to hire the next coach. "Be careful for what you wish, you may get it."

No chance I trust Maturi to make another hire

I would like to put his house up for sale and for taking this risk. As a fooball centric Gopher fan it would be nice for Maturi to retire now, head south to the sun, and know that he will not have any futue say in the outcome of the football program but that is beside the point. I never trusted Maturi to make this call in the first place, as he insisted on making this call just about on his own, pushed for it hard and ultimately sold this deal.
He hitched this train to this and took this big leap of faith, they better get it right as a staff, the natives are fairly restless and many are convinced he cannot coach and lacks a lot of originality or ability to be cerebral like and out coach the opponent. At least people kind of care instead of ignoring the Gophers we needed more of that when Maturi was rushing to fire the last guy. That is new and different that people actually care about the Gophers
and are at least concerned about the direction of the program with all of the Rhetoric that is being tossed around.

Top Bottom