Matthew Trickett Appreciation Thread!

fmlizard

Reaction score
What a night for our new kicker!

4/4 XP
1 46 yd FG
Allowed only one return for 19 yards on 6 kickoffs Dragan Kesich did this. Kudos to him too!

He looked all-Big Ten caliber last night and should make a 1-3 win difference in close games. Huge! So happy he is here.

Last edited:

Sign me up in the fan club. Hopefully this is a thread that just grows all through the season. This could easily be a strength of this team based on what he did last night.

Agree.

This is another reason this will be a good team. Enjoy the fun, gentlemen!

We will make rational decisions on 4th down inside the 50 this year, because kicking a field goal factors in as a favorable likelihood. Been a while.

Kesich crushes the ball. I wonder if he is the “60 yard desperation field goal as time expires” guy
Nice to have some able bodies this year. Like mentioned earlier, could be the difference in a couple games.

He is. Actually heard Burns say on his pod that Kesich has been the guy in practice from over 50. Trickett's looked plenty long from 46 though, so who knows.
My seats are basically at the goal line. That kick last night was good from 55 for sure. But who knows if thats consistent for him.

“On Target” Trickett? with built-in NIL for him? A Target logo tattooed on his face?

Yup, we were spoiled with great kicking in years past. Good to be trending up.

Trickett can kick it. Ball just sounds different coming off his foot than what we had last year……

Prior to yesterday, this is the last field goal we made that was 50 yards or longer. Welcome to the 50 yard club Mr. Trickett :cool03:

FG kicking team is now an asset and point saver. Nice.

Special teams is feeling less like a liability each week. This guy is a huge part of it. Love it!
The big return sparked some life in the team too.

Last year's special teams, I'm not sure we win this last game...

You build depth and your special teams improve. That and bringing in a stud K from the portal.

Top Bottom