Mashburn!!!

He did a nice job handling the press and moving the ball into the front court
He stopped in position to be trapped and made a 1 in 20 pass that worked out

I’m not trying to be a dick, but I did t see much that said anything special. Good player, but not earth shattering by any stretch.

He stopped in position to be trapped and made a 1 in 20 pass that worked out

I’m not trying to be a dick, but I did t see much that said anything special. Good player, but not earth shattering by any stretch.
Good lord. Nobody said he should quit the team, sign an agent and get ready for the draft. He had a great game tonight. He did a LOT of ball-handling, which will add up to even higher quality play for our superstar, because then Carr doesn't have to engineer the entire game. As someone above said, Mashburn looks silky out there - a little Quincy Lewis in him. He made a couple mistakes, of course, but I thought he REALLY brought it on defense. He plays calm and appears to know what he's doing for the most part. Watching Mash and Carr easily break the press - knowing what each other was doing - was very nice to see.

IMO he moves his feet well laterally on D, which I love. That takes effort and work and in time he'll be a lockdown perimeter defender, with good size and athleticism. He still losses his man if he isn't guarding him on the ball, but he's also a Freshman, so I'm not tweaking on it now.

I feel like he's a very competent option to be our starting PG next year and love that he gets to be mentored by the Czar this year, who besides his mind boggling play, is a hell of a leader/teammate - and must be so fun to coach.

Kid certainly can slash and has great BBIQ as another poster said. Regarding Gabe, he’s out there for his D, he’s one of the best. If his shot comes around look out.

Back to Mashburn, he has a lot of potential to be a very complete player. Glad he’s getting meaningful minutes.

Gabe needs to continue to work on his long range shot in practice, but he can't continue to try to work things out in games. In the meantime, he can score and contribute in all kinds of ways, including using his size to exploit matchups against smaller defenders. Any guy shooting 90 percent free throws needs to attack the basket more.

Mash Jr is still young and just getting his feet wet at this level, of course he is going to make some mistakes. The great think is that he looked very confident out there, handles the ball well in pressure and looks like a floor general.

Carr is quite possibly the best point guard we've had in 20+ years. Mashburn's best quality is 20 foot jumpers. Not sure what you're watching but there is absolutely no comparison. I like Mini-Mash's potential, but he's a year or two from being a major contributor in this team

I wasn't saying he was better than Carr, I was ball movement comes more naturally to him. Carr is the better player.

Mash had a quiet, quick 4 assists in just 13 minutes of play vs Michigan with a rebound and a steal. He only took one shot (that he made). He did turn it over twice, but that seems possibly a promising step forward.

I’ve been puzzled by his poor shooting this year. Like Gabe, his shooting form looks good, and he doesn’t seem to lack confidence. I thought he had the reputation as a good shooter in high school. I’m hoping it’s just freshman jitters and he turns out to be a good shooter. This team desperately needs one.

I’ve been puzzled by his poor shooting this year. Like Gabe, his shooting form looks good, and he doesn’t seem to lack confidence. I thought he had the reputation as a good shooter in high school. I’m hoping it’s just freshman jitters and he turns out to be a good shooter. This team desperately needs one.

He's been taking a lot of low-quality shots. I think settling in and learning to relax mentally with the ball will help immensely.

Top Bottom