Maryland Postgame Presser Notes

Except this is year two for him. And he delivered the 18th rated class in his first full year of recruiting. Up from 41 in his first class (short recruiting time frame). I was impressed with their staff on Saturday. They were prepared.
Wasn't that hard to prepare for the Gophers. Everything they would have seen on film from the previous three games, pretty much was on display play calling wise on Saturday. The only difference is the Gophers tackled better in space in the previous three games.(Speed and top end speed will make a good athlete look slow some times) Maryland has some pretty elite speed off the edges and up the middle when they go untouched.

It does not take a lot of film study to see the Gophers O-line could not move the Buffalo defensive line off the line of scrimmage. Doesn't take a lot of film study to see the Gophers are playing 235 and 220 pound defensive ends who have a propensity to vacate there rush lanes and not respect gap integrity, and linebackers that they can isolate pass play's on. This coming week will tell a lot about how much the current coaches are intent on force feeding there system, or cutting out stuff that doesn't work and finding personnel groupings that will give the team the best chance to succeed. Not an easy task or business the coaches are in, trying to win and continue to implement the new system at the same time.

Purdue is going to bring 8 or 9 in the box to crash down on the backs and the read option just like Maryland did. Can Conner and the O-line adjust and beat those blitzes? Would seem some quick outs and Flanker screens are in order.

His wording wasn't very clear there. What he meant was that they are going to have to decide whether to bring back certain players that were injured early on rather than let them take medical redshirts. So say a guy was hurt in the first few games but is healthy enough to play with 4-5 conference games left. Normally you would want to let them redshirt, but he may ask them to play.

This is simply not how it works. You can't just choose to take a medical redshirt. In order to get one, you need to apply. In order to be approved one had to be unable to return to play. You have to be deemed unable to have returned to play by a(n) (independent) medical doctor, not just the coach wanting it to be so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please provide me an average recruiting ranking over the past 3 years of MN vs Purdue. I would like to know ahead of time if we can compete this Saturday or not. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. This.

Top Bottom