Marquese Williams in the transfer portal

Williams dad jumped on the Facebook Gopher fan page a couple weeks ago pushing back on the negativity. Is pitchfork nation having an effect on players and families?
Then he better not transfer to any decent football program.

Iowa forced Kirk Ferentz to fire his own kid because of the pitchforks in the midst of a 10-2 season. OSU fans want Ryan Day canned and seem to hope both their QB1 and QB2 transfer out. I've also seen podcasts complaining about their WRs (both of whom will be first round picks).

Compared to other programs, our pitchfork nation is quiet, respectful, and patient.

I think Williams transferred because he wasn't getting run this year even when we gave the ball to a walk on 40 times. He is clearly behind Taylor, Evans, Nubin for the forseable future.

Good lord man.....is there anything about Gopher football you actually like or is it all just doom and gloom with you?
Today is definitely a doom and gloom day for me. Some of these guys transferring out I was really excited to see develop and play in the future.

Williams dad jumped on the Facebook Gopher fan page a couple weeks ago pushing back on the negativity. Is pitchfork nation having an effect on players and families?
I honestly don't know why any athlete or family of an athlete would waste a moment on fan sites and message boards because they are just a cesspool for negativity and complaining.

I honestly don't know why any athlete or family of an athlete would waste a moment on fan sites and message boards because they are just a cesspool for negativity and complaining.
Agree, but they do and I think it’s impacting decisions

Today is definitely a doom and gloom day for me. Some of these guys transferring out I was really excited to see develop and play in the future.

Lol yeah you’ve been a bastion of positivity until today… What players did we lose today that were really going to move the needle in the future?

Preface by saying I have ZERO idea whether Williams will ever become a serviceable FBS player. That said, I’m bummed about this. He was highly recruited and had some great offers out of HS. I wish he would’ve gotten a little run towards the end of the year as I find it hard to believe he would’v been a disaster spelling Nubin occasionally. Like someone else said, hopefully this means one or both of Taylor/Evans are returning.

Then he better not transfer to any decent football program.

Iowa forced Kirk Ferentz to fire his own kid because of the pitchforks in the midst of a 10-2 season. OSU fans want Ryan Day canned and seem to hope both their QB1 and QB2 transfer out. I've also seen podcasts complaining about their WRs (both of whom will be first round picks).

Compared to other programs, our pitchfork nation is quiet, respectful, and patient.

I think Williams transferred because he wasn't getting run this year even when we gave the ball to a walk on 40 times. He is clearly behind Taylor, Evans, Nubin for the forseable future.
We won't talk about any SEC program outside of Vanderbilt...pitchfork city down there

I guess this one doesn't surpise me because we started a walk on in Nubin over him and went back to Tyler when Nubin needed a breather. This season started out Tyler/Williams/Taylor/Evans/Nubin and then probably morphed in to Taylor/Evans/Williams/Nubin/Tyler by the end of the year. This Williams (not Bryce) was 6th on the depth chart at best.

Drew and Williams
I suspect PJ told them where they stood … and that he was looking to the portal and new recruits. Good kids no doubt, and I wish them luck, but PJ knows he needs to up the ante or face a very hot seat.

Wow, don’t let little things get to you especially if they are out of your control. And don’t make you money and aren’t family.

Too bad, but don’t we have a stud frosh RB coming from Texas?

I kept thinking that Williams would be gone, if he was not getting run in front of a guy with crisco on his hands and arms. Assuming Taylor comes back

Taylor
Evans
Nubin
Jaydon Wright FR
Ohifame Ijeboi FR

Could see us picking up a more established running back as well.

Why do so many think there's this huge bag for Darius Taylor out there?

He plays the most fungible position in football, and the market likely isn't enormous for a freshman running back from an okay team who had troubles staying healthy.

He put up all his numbers against the 3 worst run defenses the Gophers faced all year and looked very mortal (3.7 YPC) against Iowa.

I'm hoping he's back and our RB1 next year but let's not overhype Taylor without seeing him stay healthy and consistently produce against upper tier Big Ten defenses.

If 3 good games against marginal defenses is enough to start panicking about guys then the future of Gopher football isn't going to be very much fun.

Why do so many think there's this huge bag for Darius Taylor out there?

He plays the most fungible position in football, and the market likely isn't enormous for a freshman running back from an okay team who had troubles staying healthy.

He put up all his numbers against the 3 worst run defenses the Gophers faced all year and looked very mortal (3.7 YPC) against Iowa.

I'm hoping he's back and our RB1 next year but let's not overhype Taylor without seeing him stay healthy and consistently produce against upper tier Big Ten defenses.

If 3 good games against marginal defenses is enough to start panicking about guys then the future of Gopher football isn't going to be very much fun.
All of this, runs hard and different than the rest however poor competition. Also you are not getting paid sitting in the tub all the time.

Top Bottom