Maresh

bailee88

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information as to how Sam Maresh is doing physically as well as in football? I am guessing he is going to red shirt.

Does anyone have any information as to how Sam Maresh is doing physically as well as in football? I am guessing he is going to red shirt.

Take it for what it is, but a few weeks ago, I overheard Brew talking to Mike Max at the radio show, he was saying that Kevin(cosgrove) says Sam is coming along fine, and think he's gonna be really good. Probably will RS though being that he hasn't even seen special teams yet.

Maresh Won't Play This Year

Saw the interview with his dad (Air Force, right after Sam carries the flag if you watch the replay). He (dad) says he will not play at all this year in order to get in "football shape".

I have been a bit disturbed watching Sam goof around on the sideline. He spent most of the Wisconsin game at the open end 30 laughing with another player. He should be watching his teammates.

What's the rule on redshirting? Can you see a certain number of plays and still be eligible for a redshirt season?

What's the rule on redshirting? Can you see a certain number of plays and still be eligible for a redshirt season?

This is right from the NCAA web site (medical redshirts are obviously different):

NCAA rules indicate that any competition, regardless of time, during a season counts as one of your seasons of competition in that sport. It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match); you will be charged with one season of competition.

Playing Maresh for a couple of series would be a huge waste of his eligibility.

I believe it is if you play at all you lose your redshirt. If it is medical, then you can get an exemption if you have played.

Top Bottom