Marcus with his favorite article to write every year: Nolan Winter on the rise for Badgers as he returns to Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

"He's going to be a high-level player for us," Gard said earlier. "I don't know if it's going to happen tomorrow. But he's got an edge to him. He's got a competitiveness to him that I really like. He's 7 feet. He's grown a little bit. He added weight over the summer. He's really skilled. I'm excited about it. Sky's the limit for him."

The Badgers also will bring their Minnesota frontcourt to the Barn: Steven Crowl (Eastview) and Tyler Wahl (Lakeville North) have 188 starts combined. Crowl and Wahl both started slowly as freshmen as well before becoming major contributors.

"He's adjusting," Winter's father said. "Lucky to be on an experienced team. They've been helping him a ton."

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, I hated losing that one. I did convince myself that he was a similar player to Betts and Betts might even be the better version. That’s looking like quite the cope on my end.

Yeah, I hated losing that one. I did convince myself that he was a similar player to Betts and Betts might even be the better version. That’s looking like quite the cope on my end.

They are similar in that they both play basketball in the big ten. Well…Winter plays. Betts is on a team that plays!

screw nolan. the much better stories are his parents being gophers and his mom's cancer battles

giphy.gif

He may turn out to be a very good player but I never worry about anything outside of the current season. He hasn't played more than 11 minutes in a conference game so he's not likely to do much damage against us unless one of their other bigs is injured.

They are similar in that they both play basketball in the big ten. Well…Winter plays. Betts is on a team that plays!

That and a significant size difference. Betts is listed at 6'8" but he doesn't look like it.

He may turn out to be a very good player but I never worry about anything outside of the current season. He hasn't played more than 11 minutes in a conference game so he's not likely to do much damage against us unless one of their other bigs is injured.
one thing the badgers have going for them so far this season: an upper classmen line up with the same starters eery game. they haven't needed nolan to play more than backup minutes yet

That's why you should never get too invested in recruits. Just like Woody Hayes' description of passing, there are three possibilities with them and two are bad:

1) They don't come here;
2) They come here but aren't good;
3) They come here and are good.

Per Marcus:

"He's going to be a high-level player for us," Gard said earlier. "I don't know if it's going to happen tomorrow. But he's got an edge to him. He's got a competitiveness to him that I really like. He's 7 feet. He's grown a little bit. He added weight over the summer. He's really skilled. I'm excited about it. Sky's the limit for him."

The Badgers also will bring their Minnesota frontcourt to the Barn: Steven Crowl (Eastview) and Tyler Wahl (Lakeville North) have 188 starts combined. Crowl and Wahl both started slowly as freshmen as well before becoming major contributors.

"He's adjusting," Winter's father said. "Lucky to be on an experienced team. They've been helping him a ton."

Go Gophers!!
May the Gophers bigs dunk on him often!

Top Bottom