Marcus tweets on DeAndre Daniels recruitment

I might be mistaken but it appears that Daniels has cut his list down to four and we're on it, although, listed as a ' low ' interest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-DeAndre-Daniels-83314

I read Jerry Meyers commented on this in his recent column-

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals....t=content.asp&cid=1187094&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I'm not a member though. If someone is I'm curious as to what was said.

Never say never I guess.

A few days ago we weren't even listed on his Rivals profile, so at least we're on the list now!

I don't beg often, but PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Imagine this

A front line of Sampson, Mbakwe and Daniels. What a mix of size, strength and skill that would be. Fun to dream.

I won't paste exactly what Jerry Meyer said, but it wasn't anything that exciting anyways. He pretty much just repeated what's already been said and clearly got his information from Minnesota media. If he would have said Daniels texted him that he's considering Minnesota now I'd be more excited, but he didn't. He concluded by saying people close to Daniels and outside of Minnesota feel its unlikely he ends up here.

I won't paste exactly what Jerry Meyer said, but it wasn't anything that exciting anyways. He pretty much just repeated what's already been said and clearly got his information from Minnesota media. If he would have said Daniels texted him that he's considering Minnesota now I'd be more excited, but he didn't. He concluded by saying people close to Daniels and outside of Minnesota feel its unlikely he ends up here.

I don't have a Rivals account, but I did stumble upon the article through Google, not sure how :confused:

Here is the part about Daniels and the Gophers... like GOTR said, nothing too much going on here.

New wrinkle

Here is the latest wrinkle in the recruiting saga of five-star prospect DeAndre Daniels. Multiple sources out of Minnesota are saying that the Gophers are making headway in the recruitment of Daniels, who has family connections in Minnesota. Sources close to Daniels and outside of Minnesota, however, feel it is unlikely that Daniels would end up at Minnesota.

Regardless, more twists and turns can be expected in Daniels' unusual recruitment.

Sounds like another Cory Joseph situation. ... simply window dressing mentioning Minnesota as a possibility.

Hope we're recruiting some shooters.

Sounds like another Cory Joseph situation. ... simply window dressing mentioning Minnesota as a possibility.

Hope we're recruiting some shooters.

Me too. We'll need an outside threat badly next year. If our best returning three point options are Oto, Austin, and Mav, we'll need some incoming help.

Sure it's a long shot, but when we hear rumors there is often something to 'em. When we heard there would be trouble with White, Mbakwe, Nolen, etc., some thought it was idle rumor but almost always there was some truth there.

I guess I believe that something must have changed recently with this kid for this even to come up. It could be as simple as he actually took a call or text from someone within the U. Of course they are barred from speaking about it so we won't know for sure but our chances on this one are clearly > 0% at this point. Cool.

It really does seem more like a tease then anything based on a family member and somebody's wishful thinking. Since there has been no mention from Daniels himself expressing any interest, it is probably wise to not get to hung up on him.

Update, Myron tweets that Daniels' Coach says we've got "no shot," and it's down to Texas or Kansas. Knew it was a pipe dream.

Well Tubby will always have a chance at Daniels when he's coaching the Bobcats!

Kansas has been pulling out the bag of tricks for this one. Apparently they offered an old teammate of his a preferred walk-on spot or something. I've heard the family can't get together to make the same decision. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Kansas has been pulling out the bag of tricks for this one. Apparently they offered an old teammate of his a preferred walk-on spot or something. I've heard the family can't get together to make the same decision. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

It's only interesting if you are either a Texas or Kansas fan. For the rest of us, it now becomes morbid curiosity.

Update, Myron tweets that Daniels' Coach says we've got "no shot," and it's down to Texas or Kansas. Knew it was a pipe dream.

Myron is just the biggest piece of worthless crap I've ever read. Hope he travels to NWU game. Love to tell him in person.

I am not getting my hopes up, but the Rivals rumor did say that Tubby was trying to keep this as much "on the low" as possible.

I don't think you can truly give up on a recruit until they personally say, "I have no interest in MN" or they have accepted an offer somewhere else.

I would love to have Daniels here.

Is it a long shot? Absolutely

I hope Tubby doesn't stop offering people so we don't have a CJ situation, but I all we can do is wait to see what happens

You can bet that the AAU coach doesn't want Daniels going to school that won't pay him a nice delivery fee.

Surprised no one posted this yet, Tweet from Ryan James of Rivals

A fellow Rivals writer talked to an IMG coach yesterday about DeAndre Daniels. None of the Rivals listed schools are "out of it" says coach

For those wondering, Minnesota is one of those Rivals listed schools.

yea the only reason the AAU "coach" if thats what you want to call these bloodsuckers says were out of it, is because he doesnt get the expo$ure if deandre were to commit to the gophers. cant believe these kids trust AAU coaches with their future. shadiest kind of coach in any sport today

Surprised no one posted this yet, Tweet from Ryan James of Rivals

For those wondering, Minnesota is one of those Rivals listed schools.

We just appeared on that list like 2 days ago though, so he may have been referring to the list from 3 days ago... I hope not, but just saying.

yea the only reason the AAU "coach" if thats what you want to call these bloodsuckers says were out of it, is because he doesnt get the expo$ure if deandre were to commit to the gophers. cant believe these kids trust AAU coaches with their future. shadiest kind of coach in any sport today

Yeah, I feel like I need to take a shower whenever I go to an AAU event. Lots of shady guys looking out for their own best interests and not the kids.

You can bet that the AAU coach doesn't want Daniels going to school that won't pay him a nice delivery fee.

Bingo!

There is a reason Calipari and Barnes keep getting the cream of the crop and it isn't because they are such wonderful guys.

Bingo!

There is a reason Calipari and Barnes keep getting the cream of the crop and it isn't because they are such wonderful guys.

Putting Calipari and Barnes in the same sentence together is pretty ridiculous.

And Texas lost to unranked, possible bubble team Nebraska in Lincoln today.

We are so due to get lucky in this program it's ridiculous. DeAndre can go to Kentucky, Texas, or Kansas and be one of many McDonalds All American's, and just another great recruit averaging 15 minutes a game his first year. Or he can come to the "U", be an absolute superstar on campus in a metropolitan area in a major sports market, be in every head line of every sports page, along with averaging 25+ mintutes a game, while competing for a Big Ten Title in arguably one of the best conferences in college basketball. He has the ability to turn our team from good to great. You add a player of his caliber and it opens everything up.

Please become a Gopher DeAndre!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUBj_NYR5R8

On one hand you'd think we are over due for some good luck. On the other hand we had Tubby fall into our lap so maybe we used up all of luck for the next 10 years.:)

Top Bottom