Marcus: Ihnen "could be cleared for full contact this summer"...Fox recovery "longer than expected...still optimistic he could be back next season."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Injury updates
Forwards Parker Fox and Isaiah Ihnen both sat out with season-ending knee injuries for the second straight year.

Ihnen, the last player left from the Richard Pitino era, appears to be ahead of his teammate. The 6-10 German native will be cautious with his return but could be cleared for full contact this summer.

Following injuries to his ACL and meniscus, Fox's road to full recovery could be a bit longer than expected, but the Gophers are still optimistic he could be back next season.

Go Gophers!!

Lol this should shut up all the delusional fans expecting fox to be a significant contributor this year... If ever....

And if this is the case medically retire. Or move on. Your taking up a valuable scholarship that could be with someone who could actually benefit the team.. season is only months away... I don't care that he's from MN, I don't care about stats from 3 years ago.... This is the season Ben needs to win... Take a page from p.j. sit down and have a fuck toughing conversation for breakfast ..

I know this won't go over well here... But that is also something I don't give a fuck about

Lol this should shut up all the delusional fans expecting fox to be a significant contributor this year... If ever....

And if this is the case medically retire. Or move on. Your taking up a valuable scholarship that could be with someone who could actually benefit the team.. season is only months away... I don't care that he's from MN, I don't care about stats from 3 years ago.... This is the season Ben needs to win... Take a page from p.j. sit down and have a fuck toughing conversation for breakfast ..

I know this won't go over well here... But that is also something I don't give a fuck about
Fox contributing as a cheerleader from the bench will be more valuable then what Ben could bring in now. What, Jack Wilson wasn't good enough of a replacement for you? You think Ben can do better?

Fox isn’t taking up a valuable scholarship, it would just go unused because you ‘can’t keep 13 players happy’.

Johnson doesnt want to use all the scholarships anyway

Agreed. Its a shame CBJ had all those 5 star recruits and top transfers lined up but just didnt have a scolly available.

Granted, it's not the most optimistic outlook on Fox.

I guess I would rather have the team and coaches be realistic. If they say that Fox is 100% guaranteed to play this year - and he doesn't play - that's worse in my book than saying that they are optimistic that he could be back.

hope for the best and plan for the worst. best case - Fox comes back and he is a contributor. Worst case - he never plays again and Johnson (or another coach) has to recruit a HS player or a portal transfer to fill that scholarship.

I don't believe in forcing players out. Fox made a commitment to the U of MN. He had terrible luck with injuries. that's not his fault. If a Coach said "you're no use to me, so get out," I don't think that would reflect very well on the program.

It's not like Fox playing or not playing is going to make a huge difference in how the Gophers finish this season. one player is not going to make that kind of a difference - unless you're talking about a top-25 national recruit - and the Gophers don't have the $$$ to land that type of a player.

Apart from the Fox news...you couldn't read a much more optimistic characterization of our team.
I mean Ola Joseph is going to become a three point shooter....what more could we need?

Apart from the Fox news...you couldn't read a much more optimistic characterization of our team.
I mean Ola Joseph is going to become a three point shooter....what more could we need?
Shot 3s better than Battle last year

I guess I would rather have the team and coaches be realistic. If they say that Fox is 100% guaranteed to play this year - and he doesn't play - that's worse in my book than saying that they are optimistic that he could be back.

hope for the best and plan for the worst. best case - Fox comes back and he is a contributor. Worst case - he never plays again and Johnson (or another coach) has to recruit a HS player or a portal transfer to fill that scholarship.

I don't believe in forcing players out. Fox made a commitment to the U of MN. He had terrible luck with injuries. that's not his fault. If a Coach said "you're no use to me, so get out," I don't think that would reflect very well on the program.

It's not like Fox playing or not playing is going to make a huge difference in how the Gophers finish this season. one player is not going to make that kind of a difference - unless you're talking about a top-25 national recruit - and the Gophers don't have the $$$ to land that type of a player.
Plan for the worst. You mean like filling all of your available scholly's? Ben had to know Fox would be a ? for this upcoming season. Why not go out and get that final portal piece we were all hoping for?

No matter your thoughts on this or past seasons, I think everyone has to agree that the absolute worst thing CBJ has done is his roster management. Lacking positions of need, not filling scholarships, not having the tough conversations with guys, and total misses on guys. This was why I thought an asst coaching change made sense. Bring in a guy who has been a head coach just to help with things like roster management that NO ONE on our staff has.

Once players have had 4 years of college scholarships I don't think coaches need to provide another year of scholarship just because they have a year or two of eligibilty left. I do believe they need to be loyal to the kids they recruited until they've had time to get their degree.

No matter your thoughts on this or past seasons, I think everyone has to agree that the absolute worst thing CBJ has done is his roster management. Lacking positions of need, not filling scholarships, not having the tough conversations with guys, and total misses on guys. This was why I thought an asst coaching change made sense. Bring in a guy who has been a head coach just to help with things like roster management that NO ONE on our staff has.
Agree 100% and the worst of it is not recruiting 13 guys because he didn't think he could keep 13 guys happy. Injuries happen every year. First coach I've ever seen not recruit a full team.

Top Bottom