Marcus: If Daniel Oturu had his NBA draft combine workout on ESPN he would might be in lottery discussion for sure

“he would might be ... for sure” nice almost maybe
But definitely nice shooting, Daniel.

I’m not sure if he realizes this but espn doesn’t draft the players...the nba teams do.

so if what he says is true, he is in the lottery mix

I think Fuller does a decent enough job when it comes to getting information from the team. But man his analysis is just so bad sometimes and I think he comes off as more of a PR guy than reporter with stuff like this.

I think Fuller does a decent enough job when it comes to getting information from the team. But man his analysis is just so bad sometimes and I think he comes off as more of a PR guy than reporter with stuff like this.
Much prefer this positive spin than an October write up on how full the gas tank is in the car while a jet is taxiing on the runway, however.

Much prefer this positive spin than an October write up on how full the gas tank is in the car while a jet is taxiing on the runway, however.

If those are the two options, then yeah me too.

I’m not sure if he realizes this but espn doesn’t draft the players...the nba teams do.

so if what he says is true, he is in the lottery mix
I think he just said that Oturu would be in the lottery discussion. He didn't say NBA teams don't have him on their radar. Internet draft "experts" would be drooling if they got widespread exposure to a player with his stats and measurables followed by that solid shooting performance. Marcus is sometimes a bit off, but there's nothing wrong with what he said here.

I think we may be a little over-sensitive (and bored). We need something good to happen to settle us all down.

I think he just said that Oturu would be in the lottery discussion. He didn't say NBA teams don't have him on their radar. Internet draft "experts" would be drooling if they got widespread exposure to a player with his stats and measurables followed by that solid shooting performance. Marcus is sometimes a bit off, but there's nothing wrong with what he said here.

I think we may be a little over-sensitive (and bored). We need something good to happen to settle us all down.
Marcus is everything that is wrong with the media.

he is literally admitting that if something went viral on the internet or was an espn special more reporters would think oturu should be talked about.

when in reality he either already is being talked about or will never be talked about and whether or not his workout is on espn has no bearing on that

Marcus is everything that is wrong with the media.

he is literally admitting that if something went viral on the internet or was an espn special more reporters would think oturu should be talked about.

when in reality he either already is being talked about or will never be talked about and whether or not his workout is on espn has no bearing on that
So...you don't believe that having individual, national exposure would create buzz and have more people talking about him? Again, I'm no Marcus apologist, but I'm not understanding the anger toward this post. He's not saying it would improve his ACTUAL draft stock, just that he'd be in the media/twitter/internet conversation. Maybe I'm misreading it or misunderstanding your point?

So...you don't believe that having individual, national exposure would create buzz and have more people talking about him? Again, I'm no Marcus apologist, but I'm not understanding the anger toward this post. He's not saying it would improve his ACTUAL draft stock, just that he'd be in the media/twitter/internet conversation. Maybe I'm misreading it or misunderstanding your point?
Not saying that at all.

I am saying that a national “buzz” has no bearing on when he is drafted.

which Is what the problem with the media is. Particularly espn. They are more about reporting about the buzz than reporting about what is happening

And they do it because the buzz is better for business than reality

Not saying that at all.

I am saying that a national “buzz” has no bearing on when he is drafted.

which Is what the problem with the media is. Particularly espn. They are more about reporting about the buzz than reporting about what is happening

And they do it because the buzz is better for business than reality
I agree with what you said here, but think people were reading a lot into what Marcus tweeted. He didn't say any of the things you listed. I guess your (and my) issue is with the media's overall focus on the sizzle instead of the steak. I'll reread his tweet again, but it seems like people were pretty quick to interpret his tweet as something more than what was stated.

I agree with what you said here, but think people were reading a lot into what Marcus tweeted. He didn't say any of the things you listed. I guess your (and my) issue is with the media's overall focus on the sizzle instead of the steak. I'll reread his tweet again, but it seems like people were pretty quick to interpret his tweet as something more than what was stated.
He said
If Daniel Oturu had his NBA draft combine workout on ESPN he would might be in lottery discussion for sure.

But oturu did have that workout. It just wasn’t on espn.
The ONLY way to read what marcus said is that he currently is not in nba lottery discussion but “would might be” if his workout was on ESPN

and what I am saying is that he is wrong. The fact that the workout is or isn’t on espn has literally no bearing on where he is going to be selected.

He said
If Daniel Oturu had his NBA draft combine workout on ESPN he would might be in lottery discussion for sure.

But oturu did have that workout. It just wasn’t on espn.
The ONLY way to read what marcus said is that he currently is not in nba lottery discussion but “would might be” if his workout was on ESPN

and what I am saying is that he is wrong. The fact that the workout is or isn’t on espn has literally no bearing on where he is going to be selected.
Neither did he. He said "discussion." I didn't interpret that to mean NBA executives' discussions, but to the wider public "discussion." The fact that you incapable of understanding that it is possible to interpret this another way tells me all I need to know.

I'm sorry I don't jump to angry conclusions as quickly as some. I'll try to be more judgemental. My bad for thinking he might not be a horrible human being.

I won't reply any more. You can claim victory. I'll go about my business and try to work on increasing my rage. That way, I can see things from ONLY one point view, too. It's super-productive.

Neither did he. He said "discussion." I didn't interpret that to mean NBA executives' discussions, but to the wider public "discussion." The fact that you incapable of understanding that it is possible to interpret this another way tells me all I need to know.

I'm sorry I don't jump to angry conclusions as quickly as some. I'll try to be more judgemental. My bad for thinking he might not be a horrible human being.

I won't reply any more. You can claim victory. I'll go about my business and try to work on increasing my rage. That way, I can see things from ONLY one point view, too. It's super-productive.
Victory? You seem pretty upset. Are you okay?
I don’t even understand what you’re mad about

Top Bottom