Marcus Carr

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
Watching Texas play... not super impressed. He gets lost in all the talent.

Watching Texas play... not super impressed. He gets lost in all the talent.
The dude is talented, but I think he’s being asked to be too unselfish. Down 4 with 10 seconds and he passed up a three and passed off to someone else and the clock expired. I think he’s struggling to take over in the same way he did at MN because he’s not clearly “the” guy.

The dude is talented, but I think he’s being asked to be too unselfish. Down 4 with 10 seconds and he passed up a three and passed off to someone else and the clock expired. I think he’s struggling to take over in the same way he did at MN because he’s not clearly “the” guy.
He is actually learning to play.

Carr didn't start tonight. Played 26 minutes off the bench.

He should have went somewhere where he could be the man.
Disagree if he is trying to go to the league. He isn’t good enough to be the man in the NBA. He has to prove to Scouts he can play off the ball and play a role.

He should’ve stayed at MN and been the best player on this team. His NIL here would be better than the D league salary he will get next year

Disagree if he is trying to go to the league. He isn’t good enough to be the man in the NBA. He has to prove to Scouts he can play off the ball and play a role.

He should’ve stayed at MN and been the best player on this team. His NIL here would be better than the D league salary he will get next year
I don't think he can play off the ball or play a role and I think his time at Texas will do nothing but that under a microscope and make him another year older.

I think he should he probably should have just went to Europe or some other professional opportunity or went somewhere where he could at least showcase the things he does do well.

I agree with you that if he was a good player off the call and playing a particular role that would have been a good place to show it. However, I don't think that is something that can usually be taught. I don't think he has good vision, I don't think he has a good feel for the game.

So while I agree with you that being a ball-dominant inefficient scorer is not the best path to the NBA, I think it's his only chance is to become a high-volume scorer. So yeah, I'm pretty bearish on his NBA prospects.

Given what we have seen from the team this year I don't think Carr's game fits with the kind of basketball Johnson wants to play. Johnson clearly values team basketball and while Carr is a very talented player he wants/needs the ball in his hands a lot and has never really proven he can be an effective piece of a team concept.

I don't think he can play off the ball or play a role and I think his time at Texas will do nothing but that under a microscope and make him another year older.

I think he should he probably should have just went to Europe or some other professional opportunity or went somewhere where he could at least showcase the things he does do well.

I agree with you that if he was a good player off the call and playing a particular role that would have been a good place to show it. However, I don't think that is something that can usually be taught. I don't think he has good vision, I don't think he has a good feel for the game.

So while I agree with you that being a ball-dominant inefficient scorer is not the best path to the NBA, I think it's his only chance is to become a high-volume scorer. So yeah, I'm pretty bearish on his NBA prospects.
I agree. Which is why I never thought he was an nba

he isn’t good enough to be that role in the NBA. Very few are.

As a player drafted out of college, things certainly don't look good for him. He could end up on an NBA roster someday though as a short-term contract player and play well enough to land a longer gig.

On the other hand, I wonder now, if with NIL, guys like Carr might be able to make enough to stick around for their senior year instead of going to Europe and perhaps make some pretty solid cash?

Still think he's an NBA player. We shall see though

No. It wouldn’t have been. Strongly doubt he would have had $35k here. And you’re also assuming he isn’t getting more than that in a market that cares more about its college teams

No. It wouldn’t have been. Strongly doubt he would have had $35k here. And you’re also assuming he isn’t getting more than that in a market that cares more about its college teams
Didn’t realize they upped g league to 35k

Plus, unlike Europe, you can get "called up". If a team needs someone for two weeks, you can hop up and play.
Very true. And those games are paid at the league minimum…so like $11k per game I believe.

Still think he's an NBA player. We shall see though
I always wonder where people see this in Carr. He doesn't shoot the ball well, he doesn't guard and does not have the length to guard multiple positions in the NBA, he does not create for other people well, and his size will limit his ability to score at the basket in the NBA. In college he could score at the basket, and played under a coach where he could shoot a lot despite not shooting an effective percentage.

He will find some opportunity overseas to play, but just don't see him as an NBA player.

I always wonder where people see this in Carr. He doesn't shoot the ball well, he doesn't guard and does not have the length to guard multiple positions in the NBA, he does not create for other people well, and his size will limit his ability to score at the basket in the NBA. In college he could score at the basket, and played under a coach where he could shoot a lot despite not shooting an effective percentage.

He will find some opportunity overseas to play, but just don't see him as an NBA player.
Yeah, he is a fringe NBA guy at best with the way he plays. Very talented player but lots of holes in his overall game. Maybe he can find a role somewhere but overseas would seem like the most likely destination for him here at some point.

I see the opposite point but he can score the basketball naturally. I always thought he was a great passer, problem is he didn't have anyone to pass to-especially last year. It's also a legacy league, and he went to an NBA factory in HS.

I admit I haven't seen him play since leaving here though, and only time will tell. I say he becomes a 3rd pg on a team this time next year.

Top Bottom