Marceice Jackson commits

GopherInPittsburgh

Reaction score
via @RyanBurnsGI: 2012 JUCO LB Marceice Jackson commits to #Minnesota after visiting this weekend.

Is he going to be a part of next years class (2013) or this years (2012)

highlight video:
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/532414/marceice-jackson[/video]

Apparently was charged with a domestic when he was 18. Also was suspended 3 games for that first hit on the qb in his highlight video.

Interesting commit. This fair into 2012 recruiting, it would be hard to believe that Jackson fell under the radar. I trust Kill's judgement, though.

Interesting commit. This fair into 2012 recruiting, it would be hard to believe that Jackson fell under the radar. I trust Kill's judgement, though.

I feel exactly the same way.

I am sure his late recruitment has quite a bit to do with the Drew Davis de-commit.

There is a need for a big physical LB, especially with Beal's return still questionable. Jackson fits the bill. Welcome aboard!

Don't know if this was a reason as well, but it's another step to help balance out the classes a bit, both overall and at the LB position. The junior class is very small, and Beal is the only junior LB on scholarship (unless Hill gets one) and he's a big question mark.

Don't know if this was a reason as well, but it's another step to help balance out the classes a bit, both overall and at the LB position. The junior class is very small, and Beal is the only junior LB on scholarship (unless Hill gets one) and he's a big question mark.

I believe Hill was granted a scholarship before the 2010 season. I could be wrong.

Suspended 3 games for that first hit on the QB - I see why as it was a really late. Ouch ....I bet that QB never returned to the game or the following weeks game.. Kill wants speed - well this guy has it. Like him!

I believe Hill was granted a scholarship before the 2010 season. I could be wrong.

Hill has been on scholarship the last two seasons, and Coach Kill and staff gave him the Butch Nash Award--for being competitive in the field and in the classroom--after last season.

We really need a middle linebacker and this guy is big, fast and physical. Hopefully he stays out of trouble here.

Hill has been on scholarship the last two seasons, and Coach Kill and staff gave him the Butch Nash Award--for being competitive in the field and in the classroom--after last season.

Well my first post in this thread was just full of fail!

Who can you trust?

Pretty sure I heard somewhere Jackson wasn't coming to Minnesota?

That can't be right because Sid said he was coming here in his column this morning. Sid also said he has three more years to play yet people here have said he has two more years. What is a person to believe?

That can't be right because Sid said he was coming here in his column this morning. Sid also said he has three more years to play yet people here have said he has two more years. What is a person to believe?

Not sure who you can trust, but I'm pretty sure Sid isn't one of them anymore.

RyanBurnsGI ‏ @RyanBurnsGI
2012 JUCO LB Marceice Jackson tells GI that he is NOT committed to #Minnesota and is still looking over all his options.

https://twitter.com/#!/RyanBurnsGI

Steen is as good as gone. Has reeled in multiple other BCS offers and USC is close to offering and if they do he will instantly commit.

Steen is as good as gone. Has reeled in multiple other BCS offers and USC is close to offering and if they do he will instantly commit.

Where are you seeing/hearing this? Rivals has him with offers from BYU and UC-Davis, Scout has him with an offer from UC-Davis, while ESPN and 247 don't even have a profile for him. I'm not saying you're making it up, just curious where you're reading it. Maybe it's premium info I guess. I don't subscribe so I wouldn't know. It seems strange that he has all these offers and they wouldn't update his profiles.

Where are you seeing/hearing this? Rivals has him with offers from BYU and UC-Davis, Scout has him with an offer from UC-Davis, while ESPN and 247 don't even have a profile for him. I'm not saying you're making it up, just curious where you're reading it. Maybe it's premium info I guess. I don't subscribe so I wouldn't know. It seems strange that he has all these offers and they wouldn't update his profiles.
also I don't even think USC has a scholarship left for this year and if they did I'm pretty sure they would want to carry it over to next year for a more highly regarded player

I completely trust our staff, but I would just assume roll with the LBs we have already. I know they know WAY more than I do, so i'm not second guessing their desire to add another LB (especially in the middle).

I just think we have a lot of options in the middle and that most of them are as likely to be succesful as adding a JuCo MLB.

Top Bottom