Malcolm Brogdon

Scout has him as a 3-star right now, with Minnesota listed as an interested school along with Clemson, Georgia, Harvard, Virginia Commonwealth, Auburn, The Citadel, and Virginia Tech (an odd compilation of schools ...) Rivals does not have Minnesota listed as one of his schools at all.

Scout has him as a 3-star right now, with Minnesota listed as an interested school along with Clemson, Georgia, Harvard, Virginia Commonwealth, Auburn, The Citadel, and Virginia Tech (an odd compilation of schools ...) Rivals does not have Minnesota listed as one of his schools at all.

I had heard Minnesota offered about 2 weeks ago.... the others who have offered so far include Georgia, Clemson and Providence... if he doesn't call it for Georgia soon, the number of programs offering him is going to multiply. 6'4" guard that plays for the Georgia Stars who are in the EYBL... one of his teammates, big man Tony Parker (2012) is potentially stud material. Bruce Pearl, who is in town (Twin Cities) today, is in pretty good with that young fella.

But.. with Malcolm, good kid, good student, expanding game; his "rankings" are probably going to shoot up a bit before it's all said and done. Impressed a lot of people with his play at the Peach Jam... not at all a guy I would consider a 'plan b' to the recruits you named.

vs. BABC, a 68-60 OT loss: 14 pts, 8 boards but 6/22 shooting
vs. The Family, a 67-44 win: 22pts, 8 boards on 8/10 shooting
vs. E1T1, a big 74-72 win despite Austin Rivers' 35: 11 pts, 6 boards, 5 assists, 4/8 from the field
vs. Albany, 83-53 victory: 23 pts, 8 boards, 9/14
and this morning... vs. Boo Williams, they go bye bye 61-50 after getting blown out in the first half.. 23 pts, 9 boards, 7/18 from the field

Good that we're on him relatively early, but so are schools from around his area...

I had heard Minnesota offered about 2 weeks ago.... the others who have offered so far include Georgia, Clemson and Providence... if he doesn't call it for Georgia soon, the number of programs offering him is going to multiply. 6'4" guard that plays for the Georgia Stars who are in the EYBL... one of his teammates, big man Tony Parker (2012) is potentially stud material. Bruce Pearl, who is in town (Twin Cities) today, is in pretty good with that young fella.

But.. with Malcolm, good kid, good student, expanding game; his "rankings" are probably going to shoot up a bit before it's all said and done. Impressed a lot of people with his play at the Peach Jam... not at all a guy I would consider a 'plan b' to the recruits you named.

vs. BABC, a 68-60 OT loss: 14 pts, 8 boards but 6/22 shooting
vs. The Family, a 67-44 win: 22pts, 8 boards on 8/10 shooting
vs. E1T1, a big 74-72 win despite Austin Rivers' 35: 11 pts, 6 boards, 5 assists, 4/8 from the field
vs. Albany, 83-53 victory: 23 pts, 8 boards, 9/14
and this morning... vs. Boo Williams, they go bye bye 61-50 after getting blown out in the first half.. 23 pts, 9 boards, 7/18 from the field

Good that we're on him relatively early, but so are schools from around his area...

Tubby, Saul and Jirsa all have good recruiting contacts in GA. This guy sounds like a good one.

Clipped From AAU Website

... Malcolm Brogdon of Greater Atlanta Christian was recently named Georgia's AA Player of the Year by the AJC and Gwinnett County's Player of the Year by the Gwinnett Daily Post. Malcolm finished the season averaging 20.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game and helped lead his team to the AA State Title ...

Perhaps the great find was Malcolm Brogdon (Norcross, Ga./Greater Atlanta Christian), who performed so well that high-major offers are surely to follow.
found this tidbit on espn.com recruiting.

Perhaps the great find was Malcolm Brogdon (Norcross, Ga./Greater Atlanta Christian), who performed so well that high-major offers are surely to follow.
found this tidbit on espn.com recruiting.

Clipped from ESPN evaluations of him:

May, 2010: Brogdon was rock solid the entire weekend as he led his team to the championship (Wallace Prather Classic). He is a high percentage shooter that has added the ability to attack off the dribble as a dimension of his game. He is also improving his overall athleticism which allows him to defend multiple positions. If he continues to play at this level throughout the summer SEC/ACC schools will chase.

January, 2010: Brogdon is going to receive a lot of attention as a catch and shoot 2-guard; he has good size, a strong build and showed a big-time stroke from behind the arc. He is an average athlete whose strength is spotting up in transition or knocking it down of off penetration and pitch. He needs to improve his ability to make a play or create some space off the dribble; as teams crowd him to take away his jumper he will need to be able to keep them honest. He handles it well enough in the open floor to be a secondary handler versus pressure. He is a worker on the defensive end that is fundamentally sound and rebounds his position.

December, 2009: Brogdan has prototypical college size and plays with a sedate, calm demeanor on the floor. He often looks like he's not playing hard because of his smooth gate, but he does play with effort. He has a very nice stroke and with his body can get to anywhere on the floor he wishes to carve out his next scoring opportunity. He is a smart player, not a blast by you athlete, but creates his chances with change of speed dribbles and using his body.

December, 2008: Malcolm is a scorer from the wing. He has good size, strength and athletic ability. His jumper has range to 20 feet though it is streaky. He is best when staying inside 17 feet right now. He is a decent ball handler that prefers to go right. He is a good slasher to the basket. He is a decent and willing passer though scoring is his forte. He is effective at creating offense for himself. He has the physical abilities to be a good defender but is just decent right now. He is a good rebounder for his position. Malcolm, though good right now, needs to refine his jumper and improve his left hand to increase his stock.

twitter tonight: @DMcDonaldHoops 2011 SG Malcolm Brogdon recently picked up offers from Arkansas, Harvard, Notre Dane [sic], Providence, Vandy, and Virginia

Tweet from Marcus:

"Georgia 2011 SG Malcolm Brogdon Brogdon said Notre Dame, VA, Harvard, Georgia, Clemson and MN are among schools he will consider heavily."

Go Gophers!!

Daniel McDonald, who writes for ugasports.com, says he's hearing that Brogdon has a list of five -- Georgia, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, and Virginia.

He's from Georgia. All east coast schools. Makes sense.

SGL- I don't see what Sampson has to do with this thread?
You seem to be inferring that since he is from GA, receiving offers and considering east coast schools makes sense why he wouldn't consider MN. I'm stating that Sampson had a number of east coast offers, was from Georgia, and still chose the U.

You seem to be inferring that since he is from GA, receiving offers and considering east coast schools makes sense why he wouldn't consider MN. I'm stating that Sampson had a number of east coast offers, was from Georgia, and still chose the U.

OK. I get it. I,m slow and not very bright. Thanks for the help.

Just read an article from another site where he was quoted that Minnesota was in his top 5 or 6. I think with Georgia, Vandy, Notre Dame, Virginia, and Harvard. Must be a bright kid.

Top Bottom