Making 1 bold prediction for every Big Ten defense in 2022

nitramnaed

Reaction score

per Saturday tradition

Minnesota: 150-plus rushing yards allowed per game​

Alas, not every bold prediction can be positive.

Minnesota’s defense was 1 of the Big Ten’s most pleasant surprises in 2021, finishing 2nd in the league in scoring defense (17.3 ppg), total defense (278.8 ypg), pass defense (181.2 ypg) and rush defense (97.5 ypg).

That will be impossible to replicate — particularly the latter category. Starting defensive ends Boye Mafe and Esezi Otomewo were drafted, and 2 of the 3 defensive tackles the Gophers relied on in their rotation also graduated.

I think the Gophers will allow at least 150 ypg on the ground. It won’t be as bad as 2020, when teams averaged 207.7 per game. But the run defense won’t be the strength it was last season.

Their "bold" prediction for the offense is that Morgan will throw for more touchdowns than '20 & '21 combined. With the shortened season....that number is 17. Their bold claim is that Morgan will throw for a whopping 18+ TDs....even though he threw 30 in 2019.

Hack articles. Don't deserve free advertisement.

I am not too worried about the run defense, still have Carter and Rush was better against the run than Mafe was. As for Morgan on offense, with our Ground Game, if Morgan can go for say 20 TD's and under 8 picks, I think that would be a really good year

Top Bottom