Make sure…

Have you volunteered to clean out the lockers for the medically retired Fox and Ihnen?

Which will have more in the next week?: New full season tickets sold for Gopher Men's basketball or new ROCK threads? I predict a blow-out....
Don't you just hate optimism Howie?

Don't you just hate optimism Howie?
Optimism is fine. Delusion is not. The Barn will be half empty for many games this season as it was last year. Even if the team exceeds expectations it will not be a tough ticket. You know that. I hope that can turn around someday soon, but it won't be 2023-2024.

The Barn will be half empty for many games this season...

Considering it was more than half empty last year, wouldn't you consider it half full, if 50% of the seats are filled?

The state of "fullness" relates to your previous observation.

If it was 100% full last year, and dropped to 50%, then it would be half empty.

*The More You Know* [star/rainbow gif]

Optimism is fine. Delusion is not. The Barn will be half empty for many games this season as it was last year. Even if the team exceeds expectations it will not be a tough ticket. You know that. I hope that can turn around someday soon, but it won't be 2023-2024.
I'm excited to take my family of 6 for some cheap tickets.

Although my kids wont understand why I love the barn so much

If you ignore him- you won't see the threads. I personally like the optimism. Heaven knows we have not seen much of that around here. It's a nice contrast, even if part of it is just for fun.
I am sympathetic to Mr Hindenburg. I like that he comes here. It prevents him from kicking his dog and beating his wife for a few minutes. Eventually I will break him and he will enjoy life again. You can’t ignore the 23 Gophers once they are winning. Personally I have been waiting for this year since Mr R-sham-bow took down the program. Character matters. Go Gophers!!!

I am sympathetic to Mr Hindenburg. I like that he comes here. It prevents him from kicking his dog and beating his wife for a few minutes. Eventually I will break him and he will enjoy life again. You can’t ignore the 23 Gophers once they are winning. Personally I have been waiting for this year since Mr R-sham-bow took down the program. Character matters. Go Gophers!!!
Haha you're living in your own world. Try to find even one post of mine that is negative about our program.

I'll be at every game this winter, just like I was last year, and every year. And I do think we have a chance to surprise some people / am cautiously optimistic about our additions and the season in general. I'd never fault someone for being optimistic.

That being said- you're the most annoying poster on the board (now that MplsGopher etc has been banned). You have multiple screen names and aliases, start pointless and repetitive threads, and make outrageous claims about Ben and our upcoming season. Worst poster on the board, congrats.

Oh, the humanity!

Attachments

• 286088BA-3D1F-4F46-A215-B051752BC85B.jpeg
    286088BA-3D1F-4F46-A215-B051752BC85B.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 2

Considering it was more than half empty last year, wouldn't you consider it half full, if 50% of the seats are filled?

The state of "fullness" relates to your previous observation.

If it was 100% full last year, and dropped to 50%, then it would be half empty.

*The More You Know* [star/rainbow gif]
I guess success in both attendance and wins will be relative this year.

Have character don’t be one .😀 A little optimism goes a long way Go Gophers!

Last edited:

You seem like the ever optimistic Trumpies who’s devotion leads them to unrealistic hopes for next year. (I’m not inviting political discussion here, just noticing the similarity). I hope you’re right, but I doubt it.

You seem like the ever optimistic Trumpies whose devotion leads them to unrealistic hopes for next year. (I’m not inviting political discussion here, just noticing the similarity). I hope you’re right, but I doubt it.
Why would anybody think you were inviting political discussion? Talking about Trump in a basketball thread seems completely reasonable.

You seem like the ever optimistic Trumpies who’s devotion leads them to unrealistic hopes for next year. (I’m not inviting political discussion here, just noticing the similarity). I hope you’re right, but I doubt it.
Thank you for the enlightenment, Hunter.

I’ll still be able to walk up and buy $5 tickets at game time.

Top Bottom