Magic Wand - bring back 4 players

You get to add 4 players in their prime to the 24 roster - who we got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lou Brown

Reaction score
Just got done arguing about this for 3 hours. A little DDB will get you talking smart on a Wednesday.
You get to add 4 players in their prime to the 24 roster - What do we think GH?

Winfield for sure. I liked running the ball behind Faalele. Loved Coughlin’s leadership and Schmitz. Tough to only pick four. Would have added Bateman if he was on the list. Johnson was close too.

Of the ones listed I'd say Winfield, Schmitz, TJ, Cashman. Winfield is an obvious choice, I could be persuaded on really any of the others.

Two offensive and two defensive players make the most sense to me.

Winfeld
Coughlin

JMS
Williams

No Rashad Bateman?
Loved Bateman and Decker - for me TJ was the better player. Decker seemed like he was always hurt and Bateman didnt look like the same guy to me in 2020.

Tyler Johnson = King of the North

No love for Connor Olson? I could be talked in to Olson, JMS, Faalele and TJ.

Be dominant in a area.

I'd take Glen Mason, Adam Weber, JJ Watt, and Erik Decker.

(I was ok with his firing, but in hindsight he should have been allowed to coach in the new stadium)

Thinking specifically about 2024 - 3 of the names were easy

Winfield, JMS, and Maxx

4th was much tougher - in the end I went Cashman because LB was such a mess last year. But could have made a case for a number of the guys on the list. Also agree with others that there are some names missing that would have made the cut like Bateman or even a Tyrone Carter or maybe a QB.

Personally, I'd add Jermaine Mays.....dude would be good for a punt block every 1-2 games.

That alone would be good enough to keep Floyd every year.

No love for Connor Olson? I could be talked in to Olson, JMS, Faalele and TJ.

Be dominant in a area.
Poll says in their prime so took that to mean at their best. If that is the case than Bateman and Decker as well would top TJ. TJ was a very good WR for us but he was always more of an athlete playing receiver whereas Bateman and Decker were both true WR.

Three Eden prairie kids and JMS.

I fixed our defense at all three levels and added an elite center.

Bateman would have replaced coughlin had he been available.

Winfield and JMS running away from the pack. Would be interesting to see how it would have gone if Olson was removed and Bateman was put in his place.

We need help at CB, so St Juste is not getting enough love.
AWJr is a no-brainer.
TJ would thrive in our current offense (as long as Brosmer is as talented as I think he will be)
I should have voted JMS, that's on me. (I went with Big Dan)

We need help at CB, so St Juste is not getting enough love.
AWJr is a no-brainer.
TJ would thrive in our current offense (as long as Brosmer is as talented as I think he will be)
I should have voted JMS, that's on me. (I went with Big Dan)
It came down to Cashman and St. Juste for my final spot. I trust our DB depth for 2024 more than I trust the LB depth right now so that is ultimately why I went with Cahsman but was tough call.

Some tough choices. I went Coughlin, Richardson, Cashman, Winfield.
I would have picked Maxx but I don't think this coaching staff would have a clue how to get him involved.

Interesting concept, but why were the following players not listed(in order of impact):
Mo Ibrahim
Our Bald QB (brain farting his name!)
Rashod Bateman

I guess I can forgive you for not including Mo since DT is onboard. But his durability is in question.

Last year shows you need a QB, hopefully we have one.

Winfield is a must! He makes everyone better!

In addition to AW2, I chose the three OLs to add to Carrol and Ersery. Pretty much could yell the play to the offense and let the defense try to stop it! DT behind these guys, forget about it Rickie, throw them the heater!

Loved Bateman and Decker - for me TJ was the better player. Decker seemed like he was always hurt and Bateman didnt look like the same guy to me in 2020.

Tyler Johnson = King of the North
All 3 were amazing college receivers with unique skill sets.

Decker managed over 3000 yards so I don't think he was hurt as much as you remember.

Winfield, JMS, and Maxx should all be on everyone's team.

Reasonable people can disagree on #4.

Top Bottom