M-M Jerseys

FreakyDeke

picked a dumb moniker
Reaction score
I don't even know if this thought makes complete sense to me, but the Darkins picture on the countdown thread got me thinkning. I hate the M-M jerseys, but I think it would be a cool throwback game jersey. I guess I just hate them as an every game jersey, but their novelty would be fun for one game. There are other eras I'd probably want to see first, but what do you think?

crying.jpg

I say we go back to the old school leather helmets and wool pants. No passing but just running up the gut old time football. Lets play against Yale or Penn some other old East coast school!

The thought of ever seeing those jerseys again in any capacity does the following to
the average Gopher fan:

1) Makes their colon clench
2) Makes them swallow their tongues
3) Makes them envy the dead

That is some World League shit right there.

The Minneapolis Dragoons!

I actually liked the M-M jerseys because they were so unique to Minnesota. However, at a minimum I would love to see us go back to the gold pants and helmets that were worn then instead of the yellow we wear now.

I still like the ones from the NDSU game a few years ago. The ones from the '60's....Anybody got a picture? I'd like to see those every week, with maroon jerseys/white pants at home and white jerseys/gold pants on the road.

The one thing that can be said about the Mason era is that we didn't go through this changing uni crap, and the ones that we stuck with were a good, timeless style. I dislike the crap the team wore last year and am hoping that when the team takes the field at TCF that we find that there has been a secret switch. Solid color pants and solid color jerseys are fine by me. The striping on the pants and jerseys seem like my 18 month old applied them. And what's with the white pants? Anybody can wear white. Golden Gophers anyone?

The M_M unis weren't so bad if the M_Ms weren't on them.

The one thing that can be said about the Mason era is that we didn't go through this changing uni crap, and the ones that we stuck with were a good, timeless style. I dislike the crap the team wore last year and am hoping that when the team takes the field at TCF that we find that there has been a secret switch. Solid color pants and solid color jerseys are fine by me. The striping on the pants and jerseys seem like my 18 month old applied them. And what's with the white pants? Anybody can wear white. Golden Gophers anyone?

The M_M unis weren't so bad if the M_Ms weren't on them.
All I know is that when the Golden Gophers were getting the gold in the 60's they wore white pants at home.
hagberg.jpg

I didn't think I was going to like the change to the new uniforms and thought that the U had a nice uniform with the maroon and gold for home games and the white with gold pants for the away games.........however.......
the new uniforms have really grown on me. I really like the ability to have muliple combinations and I really have taken to the all whites. I didn't think I was going to like these uniforms but I think they were really designed well and I think they look great on tv, they look classy, and I think the kids like them.

Now I hope they don't change them anytime soon. I like the idea that we are going into TCF with a year old 'system' of game jerseys.

IMHO- the all white uniforms were ugly...not Syracuse all orange ugly, but ugly.

IMHO- the all white uniforms were ugly...not Syracuse all orange ugly, but ugly.

LOL... My kids asked me why the Gophers were wearing their pajamas.... One thought it looked like they were wearing long underwear...

I liked the Mason era jerseys much better than the "New Age" jerseys we have right now. The stripes just don't do it for me.

You guys must be getting old because the reason they wear the all whites is because the players themselves want to wear them and they think they are cool. The facts are these new jerseys are going to attract more recruits than our old ones did.

I also think that the all golds and the all orange Syracuse uniforms look funny because they are inside the domes....I would like to see what they looked like for an 11am sunny Fall afternoon.

IMO, the all white is our best uni-combo. Closely followed by the maroon + gold.

White(top) + maroon(pants) and white(top) + Gold(pants) would be next. Really don't like the all maroon or the idea of Maroon(tops) + White(pants). All gold just looked wierd with a maroon helmet.

I really dislike the M + M jerseys, but that picture of Darkins looks fierce. If all the players would look like that, I wouldn't be opposed. The problem is when you get those things on the linemen and kickers, they look ridiculous...

somebody earlier was looking for this uniform worn vs ndsu:

minnvsndsu.jpg

btw - first post on this board, and first time season ticket holder! just went and checked out the stadium last weekend again - i am so pumped for the season!

Two things on this thread:

1) Darkins was a helluva football player. Wish we had a running back on our team.

2) Our uniforms achieved perfection under Mason, then we ruined them. Anybody who disagrees with this is a mouth-breathing idiot.

minnvsndsu.jpg

btw - first post on this board, and first time season ticket holder! just went and checked out the stadium last weekend again - i am so pumped for the season!

these uniforms are tight!!!

minnvsndsu.jpg

I guess I could handle those uni's. The look old school.

I would doubt that what our uni's look like matter much to a recruit. OSU and Mich don't mess with their uni's and they don't seem to have any problems getting talent.

Short of the old school look, the uni's under mason still get my vote.

Top Bottom