Loving these nighttime games! Do others as well?

I love these night time games. Get some errand done in the morning. Watch a bit of the early games. Tailgate all day and the energy under the lights is 🔥! Thoughts from others?
Yes. Love them too. Had tons of night games as a student back in the Wacker days and grew to love them (despite how bad the teams were back then).

I don't mind night games until it's 15 degrees with a gentle 10-15 breeze in November. I prefer the 2:30 slot. Plenty of time to tailgate and to "get motivated". Then go home and watch the west coast games if there are any of interest.

I don't mind night games until it's 15 degrees with a gentle 10-15 breeze in November. I prefer the 2:30 slot. Plenty of time to tailgate and to "get motivated". Then go home and watch the west coast games if there are any of interest.

Good call.

Totally prefer night games. Can get other things done, still have time to pre-game, enjoy the game. Might agree a little with moving back to midday late in season when colder, but you know they make warm clothes and we are supposed to be f’en Minnesota.

I like a mix.

Afternoon in the sun with crisp air is college football to me.

Night games are nice too but not peak college football for me.

I know I’m the minority, but I absolutely love 11am games. Nothing beats breakfast at the tailgate, a great game, post-game tailgating, and still having most of your weekend to go.

Nope. Could have done a lot of other things this afternoon or evening instead of waiting for Gophers game. Conference games or in October don't mind, honestly tired of the Thursday night openers. Know why they do it though, they would barely draw 30000 on a Labor day Saturday. Would actually prefer they move from Thursday to Friday Night for opening game. Today 11 am start would have been ideal.

I know I’m the minority, but I absolutely love 11am games. Nothing beats breakfast at the tailgate, a great game, post-game tailgating, and still having most of your weekend to go.
11am is the best
Night is second best

2:30 is the worst

11am is the best
Night is second best

2:30 is the worst
Warm weather I will take night games. Cold weather 2:30. 11am is awful for either. But to each their own.

I love these night time games. Get some errands done in the morning. Watch a bit of the early games. Tailgate all day and the energy under the lights is 🔥! Thoughts from others?
I like it from time to time. I got to get robbed for a driver fitting this morning (ended up with a Paradym). 6:30 game time gives me lots of time to drink my financial sorrows away.

Warm weather I will take night games. Cold weather 2:30. 11am is awful for either. But to each their own.
I’m not a big tailgater

So 11am allows me to watch all the second half’s of 2:30 games and night games
Night game allows me to watch all the stuff in the morning.

I love these night time games. Get some errands done in the morning. Watch a bit of the early games. Tailgate all day and the energy under the lights is 🔥! Thoughts from others?
Feel for the outstate fans though! Love 2:30 starts.

Wonder if the new Big 10 teams will like playing a noon game on the East Coast?

Last edited:

I'm good with a mix of both.

Evening games can be fun, primetime makes the stakes feel bigger and it's a great way to cap the night when it's a win. A great example was that 2012 night game Vs. Syracuse. Plus there's that anticipation factor that builds throughout the day until kickoff that makes it more hype.

With that said, 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. have their positives, too. College football really does look stellar on a crisp Saturday afternoon. I usually stock up on food and drinks the day before so i'm set and it's nice rolling right from GameDay into a Gophers game. Plus, after the game there's plenty more football to enjoy the rest of the day.

Top Bottom