Love Johnson’s comment on crowd: I'm more excited about those people that have stuck with us the entire season and have been here every single game...

After a couple rough years it is going to take time to draw people back in but for those that are paying attention this team is fun to watch so hopefully that leads to more butts in the seats over time.
The TV driven schedule hurts attendance more than many people realize, I think. 6:00 and 8:00 starts on weekdays are brutal for work and family life for most people. 7:00 and Saturday afternoon are going to get more bodies no matter who they are playing.

The TV driven schedule hurts attendance more than many people realize, I think. 6:00 and 8:00 starts on weekdays are brutal for work and family life for most people. 7:00 and Saturday afternoon are going to get more bodies no matter who they are playing.
Very true. Tuesdays 8:00 start is a prime example of this. Double whammy with it being on Peacock which will also limit the TV audience.

8pm is brutal if you dont live close. I'd expect to be home around 11pm from an 8pm tip. Thats tough. Even if I find someone to watch my kids--do they want to do so until 11pm on Tuesday, then have to drive themselves home?

Very true. Tuesdays 8:00 start is a prime example of this. Double whammy with it being on Peacock which will also limit the TV audience.
They stopped caring about fans in attendance a really long time ago. I would have thought the misery of the pandemic might have shaken them into realizing that in-arena environment is important to the product.

8pm is brutal if you dont live close. I'd expect to be home around 11pm from an 8pm tip. Thats tough. Even if I find someone to watch my kids--do they want to do so until 11pm on Tuesday, then have to drive themselves home?
No. I'm the odd duck in that if I can get to the game, start time doesn't matter much, but that isn't the norm.

Nice acknowledgment of those who’ve stuck through the tough times:

Go Gophers!!
As a season ticket holder of many years and one of those who has attended most of the games of the last 3 years, I appreciate this acknowledgment. Of course would love to see The Barn rocking again.

Ben knows what is like. He went to games as a kid, and played in The Barn as a Gopher with much larger crowds.

The one advantage to Peacock should be that you can start the game at 7. There's no reason for it be at 8 there's no "conflicting game" on the channel.

The one advantage to Peacock should be that you can start the game at 7. There's no reason for it be at 8 there's no "conflicting game" on the channel.
There's a game prior to the Gopher game - Indiana at Ohio State at 6 pm

Do they do back to back games on peacock?

My 11 year old son and I are gonna make the 3 hour drive for the game. Pick him up from school, get there in time to hear the pregame talk from coach Johnson, cheer our best to help the team win and then drive back and get him in bed by 1:30. We love it!

Top Bottom