Louis Lies on Facebook, Gopher Nation punched in stomach

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
http://blog.dispatch.com/buckeyesblog/2010/02/heres_who_has_signed_so_far.shtml

'One of the biggies is WR James Louis of Delray Beach, Fla., who was being heavily courted by Florida up until the end, and who was the subject of Facebook-fueled rumors that he might head to Minnesota.

He didn't.'

This wouldn't be so disappointing if he hadn't written multiple posts on his facebook page saying he was heading to Minnesota. I guess he is gonna be content to pick up Devier Posey's stable scraps for the next couple years instead of coming to Minnesota. Either that or an OSU booster made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

If this doesn't make you boys stop reading into (and believing) everything these kids write on Facebook, I don't know what will!

If this doesn't make you boys stop reading into (and believing) everything these kids write on Facebook, I don't know what will!

Haha seriously, until the LOIs were in, I don't buy into anything I read or hear. I take note of stuff, but I know nothing's guaranteed, especially things read on Facebook.

Karma is a bitch! GO GOPHERS and lets hope for some late magic!

If Karma's a bitch, we're in for an undefeated season real soon.

At first I was like awesome, but when it wasn't confirmed in the media, I figured it wasn't for real. My guess is he did it to build some suspense or see if he'd get any more offers.

Perhaps he really was thinking of a last minute switch to Minnesota, and then OSU swooped back in to change his mind back. Given all the negative posts from OSU fans, if it was me, that would have only made me more inclined to switch from OSU if I was wavering.

Seriously don't make fun of the Facebook Voyeurs. They are "friends" with these people.

Having immature fun is one thing, but dragging your supposed friend Donnell Kirkwood into the lie is another. Some friend.

The kid's an attention whore. He deserves those classy buck fans. They'll be perfect for each other.

http://blog.dispatch.com/buckeyesblog/2010/02/heres_who_has_signed_so_far.shtml

'One of the biggies is WR James Louis of Delray Beach, Fla., who was being heavily courted by Florida up until the end, and who was the subject of Facebook-fueled rumors that he might head to Minnesota.

He didn't.'

This wouldn't be so disappointing if he hadn't written multiple posts on his facebook page saying he was heading to Minnesota. I guess he is gonna be content to pick up Devier Posey's stable scraps for the next couple years instead of coming to Minnesota. Either that or an OSU booster made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

That's pretty up front for a Buckeye blog. Kudos to the writer.

Perhaps he really was thinking of a last minute switch to Minnesota, and then OSU swooped back in to change his mind back. Given all the negative posts from OSU fans, if it was me, that would have only made me more inclined to switch from OSU if I was wavering.

+1. [Insert my comment from above here]

That was a pretty heartless thing for him to do.

Well, I hope he's ready for what goes around to come back around...

OSU alum were calling him a dumbass on his FB, the boosters probably let him know that they were paying straight cash homie so stay at OSU. Seriously though I think it was just to have fun with his FB friends and create some suspense and it got way overblown. I dont think James knew his FB status would spread like it did.

If OSU boosters were offering him "rewards" to stay with OSU... maybe he'll write about it on his facebook page. :cool03:

Absolutely comical that rubes get so worked up over a Facebook status update. That's what keeps this board so entertaining. For that I applaud you. :clap:

Another reason to stop creeping on recruits. Just an awesome situation.

Another reason to stop creeping on recruits. Just an awesome situation.

Thanks Mittens. It was reported on both message boards, both major newspapers in the twin cities, and made the 6 o'clock news last night. I wouldn't call it creeping.

Thanks Mittens. It was reported on both message boards, both major newspapers in the twin cities, and made the 6 o'clock news last night. I wouldn't call it creeping.

If you are "friending" a recruit and then running to a message board to gossip about what you think it means, its got to be something if it isn't creeping. I'm open to some suggestions.

You can like or not like the Facebook thing but its here to stay. As long as people use it to disseminate information that information will be passed around all over the place. No way to avoid it.

If you are "friending" a recruit and then running to a message board to gossip about what you think it means, its got to be something if it isn't creeping. I'm open to some suggestions.

Again, reported on message boards and news. didn't read this on facebook.

what the hell else is new we should be used to taking lots of punches at this point

If he had two shiny gold stars next to his name, like Eric Decker did 5 years ago, would anybody have cared?

If he had two shiny gold stars next to his name, like Eric Decker did 5 years ago, would anybody have cared?

I'm curious if his name would have been Al Nolen if you would have created a thread ripping him?

Let's not give the dude the attention he wants. In fact let's have a moment of silence for him now that he's condemned to a life in Ohio.

That was my point, must have gone over Monk's head.

Would you have read it if the creeper didn't run to a message board to post, or the reporter didn't report off the message board?

Maybe you kind of missed that I was trying to solve the problem, not the symptoms.

Top Bottom