Lot of Minnesota Talk on B1G Sportsnation Chat Today

Iceland12

Reaction score
A lot of food talk too!

Zach (Minny)
I'm sure either you or Brian will be covering the battle for the Axe in a week and a half. This is probably the best matchup between the two teams in recent years. Let me recommend getting a Jucy Lucy from Matt's bar or 5-8 Club while you are in town. You won't be disappointed. I know it's early, but what will be the keys to that game?

Adam Rittenberg
Zach, thanks for the recs! I'm cautiously optimistic that one of us (probably Brian) will finally get up to Minneapolis for a game. That's a big one for sure. Both teams want to control the clock, and both have been pretty salty along the line of scrimmage. It comes down to which run game shows up, and which QB (Stave or Nelson) makes enough plays with his arm to mix up the play selection. I see a very close game, coming down to turnover margin or which offensive line has a better fourth quarter. Should be a blast.
----------
Tom (Minneapolis)
Does Minnesota need to beat Wisconsin to get a Jan. 1 Bowl game?

Adam Rittenberg
It would help to win one of the last two, Tom. The Gator Bowl would be the likeliest Jan. 1 bowl for Jerry Kill's team, and Minnesota will need to sell itself, as the school has a poor reputation for traveling to bowls. But at 9-3 -- with a great national story -- Minnesota would be an appealing choice.
--------
Dave (Minneapolis)
Jucy Lucy's are way overrated...don't bother, there's plenty of better food to try.

Adam Rittenberg
OK, Dave. Make a recommendation then!
--------
Dave (Minneapolis)
Ha...Hell's Kitchen. Nearby, delicious, great atmosphere (tunes much of the time).

Adam Rittenberg
OK, sounds good!
---------
Dave (Chicago)
What percentage shot would you give the following teams to win the Legends? MSU, Minn, Neb?

Adam Rittenberg
I'd go Michigan State at 55 percent, Nebraska at 35 percent and Minnesota at 10 percent. With two losses, the Gophers need a lot to go right from here on out.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chats

Dave must be from Wisconsin

His experience is probably limited to the 5-8... and in that case I don't blame him for his opinion, just pity him for his poor choice.

Hell's Kitchen is way overrated IMO. Last two times I've been there the food has been marginal. It's a place out-of-towners eat at, and therefore not one I'd recommend to people I wanted to impress.

His experience is probably limited to the 5-8... and in that case I don't blame him for his opinion, just pity him for his poor choice.

Hell's Kitchen is way overrated IMO. Last two times I've been there the food has been marginal. It's a place out-of-towners eat at, and therefore not one I'd recommend to people I wanted to impress.

For burgers, I think The Blue Door (either location) is the best.

I'm a Matt's guy (partly for the décor, how basic it is, but their burgers are the best also). I do think the Blue Door is a nice addition to Longfellow though.

I was in DC last week and I told some locals about Juicy Lucy's. One of them seemed intrigued and one of them seemed grossed out. I felt bad. If you haven't experienced the joy's of a burger stuffed with cheese then you haven't lived.

BTW. My vote goes to The Nook or Blue Door.

I was in DC last week and I told some locals about Juicy Lucy's. One of them seemed intrigued and one of them seemed grossed out. I felt bad. If you haven't experienced the joy's of a burger stuffed with cheese then you haven't lived.

BTW. My vote goes to The Nook or Blue Door.

If you get back to DC...check out Thunder Burger in Georgetown. Personal favorite burger in town and a really nice beer selection to match with your burger.

I agree with that 100%.

Top Bottom