Locks or solidly in the field heading into the weekend

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
A bonus "pre-weekend" Field of 68 update. ...

Heading into Friday night, I have 35 teams locked (either as an auto qualifier or at-large) into my next Field of 68 projection (Sunday morning), no matter what happens tonight and Saturday. By conference in alphabetical order. ...

American (1): FAU

ACC (3): Clemson, Duke, North Carolina

Atlantic 10 (1): Dayton

Big East (4): Creighton, Marquette, Seton Hall, UConn

Big Ten (5): Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big XII (8): Baylor, BYU, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech

Mountain West (5): Boise State, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, Utah State

Pac 12 (2): Arizona, Utah

SEC (6): Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee

Teams/resumes outside of these 35 I have my eyes on the next two days:

Butler (@ Creighton)
Cincinnati (@ Texas Tech)
Colorado (@ Utah)
Drake/Indiana State winner
Florida (@ Texas A&M)
Gonzaga/Saint Mary's winner
Memphis (Wichita State)
Miami (Virginia Tech)
Michigan State (Maryland)
Mississippi State (@ Alabama)
Oregon (@ UCLA)
Providence (idle)
Saint John's (UConn)
Texas (@ TCU)
Texas A&M (Florida)
Virginia (@ Clemson)
Virginia Tech (@ Miami)
Washington State (@ Washington)

Last edited:

Seton Hall as solidly in the field is certainly a choice. The 4th BE team is clearly SJU as of today.

Nebraska might even be below Seton Hall as a first 4 in team as well.

Seton Hall as solidly in the field is certainly a choice. The 4th BE team is clearly SJU as of today.

Nebraska might even be below Seton Hall as a first 4 in team as well.
Not sure I’d say clearly SJU as #4 in Big East. Haven’t beat any of the top-tier Big East teams, UConn, Marquette, or Creighton.

Seton Hall has wins over both UConn and Marquette + a head to head win over St. John’s. Has been better than SJU on the road, too.

Not sure I’d say clearly SJU as #4 in Big East. Haven’t beat any of the top-tier Big East teams, UConn, Marquette, or Creighton.

Seton Hall has wins over both UConn and Marquette + a head to head win over St. John’s. Has been better than SJU on the road, too.

Metrics matter big time.

look at brackets around the net, most have SJU in the 8/9 game. SHU is more of a last 4 in.

Hall has great Q1 wins. But 2 Q3 Ls and a worse Q1/Q2 mark while being 26 spots worse in the NET. Their issue is their awful non

You do a great job overall but the tougher ones are calling conferences like the MAC where great matchups happen like tonight Akron vs Toledo. Also I feel like early in the season MWC was deemed down, and some saw it otherwise. Nice to see that comf continue to be anything other than “mid major”.

Lots of good teams. I hope the ones that can do damage get the chance come mid March.

You do a great job overall but the tougher ones are calling conferences like the MAC where great matchups happen like tonight Akron vs Toledo. Also I feel like early in the season MWC was deemed down, and some saw it otherwise. Nice to see that comf continue to be anything other than “mid major”.

Lots of good teams. I hope the ones that can do damage get the chance come mid March.
Excellent point about the Mountain West. It has been very good this season.

But the MW is kind of in the same spot as the Big Ten. Save for San Diego State’s Final Four run, both conferences have been bad in the last two NCAA tourneys. Both conferences could do wonders for their image if they strung together wins from multiple teams, get 2-3 teams to at least the second weekend.

Where are the Spiders of Richmond sitting? Record looks good. Great win over Dayton. Any shot at an at large? I’m used to seeing multiple bids from A 10.

Where are the Spiders of Richmond sitting? Record looks good. Great win over Dayton. Any shot at an at large? I’m used to seeing multiple bids from A 10.
I don’t have them under consideration at this point. A-10 is a 1-bid league unless Dayton gets upset in conference tourney.

Top Bottom