LMJ

GoldenBoy13

Novice
Reaction score
If Lamichael would have stayed commited to the Gophers how many more games would we have won? 2? 3? The kid is unreal watching him break away from Oregon State defenders.

I guess I wouldn't say we missed, but that Oregon came in and pulled the "look at our 8 billion dollar waterfall junk." Makes me have a lot of faith that we were one if not the first program to identify him.

I hate watching these "civil war" games. Maybe I'm alone here, but I don't like having one major school in the state.

this is kind of a nice change of pace, usually if we lose a recruit is because he can't qualify and they disappear for good, at least brewster could see this kid had talent. What was the name of that WR that ended up at temple?

this is kind of a nice change of pace, usually if we lose a recruit is because he can't qualify and they disappear for good, at least brewster could see this kid had talent. What was the name of that WR that ended up at temple?

Vince Hill, I think

I don't think LMJ was ever committed to us. He had Minnesota and Oregon as his final two.

Let's be honest here people, he wouldn't be doing half of what he is doing at Oregon if he were at Minnesota. The personnel they have allow him to pull of some of the stuff he is doing. He would have been stuck playing behind a horrid line etc, etc, etc. Luckily for him he chose the Ducks because he is now on the National Radar already as a freshman.

16 you are probably right. I couldn't remember for sure, I just knew Oregon and the U were there at the end.

I don't think LMJ was ever committed to us. He had Minnesota and Oregon as his final two.

This is how I remembered it, too. He made a big impact for them this year and set the PAC-10 freshman rushing record at 1,476 and counting. With our line, his yardage total might have been 1/2 of that this year.

LMJ is legit, really a great back. That was an awesome college football game last night.
Anyone upset Blount got to play and impacted the game? I have to say I expected a harsher penalty, minimum suspension for the entire season, maximum arrest on several counts and him sitting in a Boise county jail for the season.

James was really impressive. He's got a burst and appears really strong for his size.

I'm not all that upset about Blount's playing. Boise State didn't punish Byron Hout at all and it was his yapping that got the whole thing started (At least on the field that night. Blount should have been more circumspect in his comments to Sports Illustrated in the first place and the event would likely have never happened). What Blount did was uncalled for, but the same goes for Hout.

James was really impressive. He's got a burst and appears really strong for his size.

I'm not all that upset about Blount's playing. Boise State didn't punish Byron Hout at all and it was his yapping that got the whole thing started (At least on the field that night. Blount should have been more circumspect in his comments to Sports Illustrated in the first place and the event would likely have never happened). What Blount did was uncalled for, but the same goes for Hout.

I agree 100%. If the Boise player didn't go out of his way to grab blount's shoulder pads and talk trash to him, Blount never reacts.

He wasn't a 1 star recruit, that's identifying talent. Seeing something in someone that no one else sees. Remember Marion Barber was the last recruit of one of Mason's classes.

He wasn't a 1 star recruit, that's identifying talent. Seeing something in someone that no one else sees. Remember Marion Barber was the last recruit of one of Mason's classes.

lol mason found talent, that is a good one, all the barbers were going here no matter what, please learn your history before you post!

Learn to read Brew, Barber fell into our lap. By the way, I do think we did have our share of superstar running backs under Mason, check the NFL.

Learn to read Brew, Barber fell into our lap. By the way, I do think we did have our share of superstar running backs under Mason, check the NFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't both Maroney and Tapeh highly recruited out of h.s.? I guess I don't see why you're bringing up Mason having superstar running backs in the NFL and how it supports your previous statement when two of those RB's were highly recruited/ranked similar to LMJ. Although I do think Gopher fans should be proud of the former gopher RB's in the NFL so good point on that.

Top Bottom