little cory update

Though it sounds liek a case of conflicting sources. JohnnyGopher has proven to be very knowledgeable in the past, and is generally correct, however, with the cory situation, hardly anyone (if that) knows what his decision is leaving it open for tee09 to be correct as well. I'd wager Johnny's sources are mainly with the team itself and its recruiters, and that doesnt necessarily overlap with the recruits themselves, especially in cory's case where he is holding his cards close to the chest. A close friend in this case (if said friend even exists) would probably be a much better source.

tl;dr: no one has any freaking clue and no one is really certain

One of my friends said they were in the UV elevator with Devoe last night..and now regrets not asking him if theres any news haha

so let me get this correct. since JohnnyGopher is correct most of the time, however this time it is not what you want to hear he may be wrong? And Tee09 is saying what you want to hear so he may be right?

What? I am confused.

so let me get this correct. since JohnnyGopher is correct most of the time, however this time it is not what you want to hear he may be wrong? And Tee09 is saying what you want to hear so he may be right?

What? I am confused.

He's been right in the past about alot of team things, but in this particular case since info is so limited, it may be that tee09 has a source outside of Johnny's ring, but inside cory's

Was Cory announcing tonight?

There was conjecture from the coach and others that he might announce tonight, but CJ seemed to quash that in his interview two days ago, saying that he had no timetable but it would be soon. My best guess is that he goes back home and sits down with Mom Joseph and then makes it official. Monday or Tuesday is my bet.

I hope he talks to his family and not his coach (Coach Peck was at the Jordan Brand Classic). In one of the interviews the coach mentioned Cory is a pleaser (a dig at him trying to please his family, IMO).

If he is waiting seems like the only thing left is to talk to family and see if Avery Bradley comes back.

I think we all know Tee09 is the one spewing BS. Tee09 said Cory would announce last night and he didn't.

The Jordan Brand Classic announcers said several times that they were hopeful to get several of the uncommitted players to announce their choices. I would guess that Cory was a prime target as they discussed him at length. In the end, I think he was not ready. I like the idea of him going home and talking this over with his family (not just because it helps the Gophers chances).

Watched most of the Jordan Jam last night... The announcers kept talking about Cory & how he would be a great fit with Texas. Didn't hear anything about him playing here, with his bro etc. He played well IMO, but not at the level of both the Duke & Kentucky pt guard players for next year. He (like his brother) gets the ball stripped from behind and shows at times he is not aware of the defender coming from behind him. Small negative, can be corrected, hope he signs here.

Watched most of the Jordan Jam last night... The announcers kept talking about Cory & how he would be a great fit with Texas. Didn't hear anything about him playing here, with his bro etc. He played well IMO, but not at the level of both the Duke & Kentucky pt guard players for next year. He (like his brother) gets the ball stripped from behind and shows at times he is not aware of the defender coming from behind him. Small negative, can be corrected, hope he signs here.

Comparing him to Irving and Knight just isn't fair...

No, it's not, at this point. But that was just one game. He is their equal when playing D however.

Top Bottom