Limegrover is actually a genius

The Wolf

Reaction score
The talent on this team is clearly lacking...especially at the qb position.

Have we ever considered that playing this ultra conservative style gives us the best chance to eak out 6 wins? Brew or some other overly
proud coach would have us running a system we have no business running and the results would be 3 wins if lucky. I think the system everyone loves to hate actually gets us more wins than our talent gets us.

Not saying I accept the mediocrity but until we have a few playmakers we won't be seeing bubble screens or anything more "exotic" because we simply can't execute it.

The change for this year that I think would help is most is turning leidner back into the battering ram like he was last year. They are too afraid of getting him hurt....honestly it doesn't matter so give it hell and run him and streveler into the ground.

The talent on this team is clearly lacking...especially at the qb position.

Have we ever considered that playing this ultra conservative style gives us the best chance to eak out 6 wins? Brew or some other overly
proud coach would have us running a system we have no business running and the results would be 3 wins if lucky. I think the system everyone loves to hate actually gets us more wins than our talent gets us.

Not saying I accept the mediocrity but until we have a few playmakers we won't be seeing bubble screens or anything more "exotic" because we simply can't execute it.

The change for this year that I think would help is most is turning leidner back into the battering ram like he was last year. They are too afraid of getting him hurt....honestly it doesn't matter so give it hell and run him and streveler into the ground.

3224151-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739.jpg

Title is obviously sarcastic. limey is not an offensive mastermind but I do think the coaches recognize there is not much talent...therefore playing conservatively and hoping the other team makes mistakes may be the best formula to maximize wins (at least with this team)

Seriously, if we just don't turn the ball over it is at least a game. TCU's six scoring drives averaged 30.5 yards. They had just three drives total where they went at least 40 yards.

I'm not saying we win, but it probably stays within two scores.

Wait until the NEbraska game! We'll be jet-sweeping like crazy! People will be calling for ol' Limey to get a raise, lol!

Sure, we may not have the talent, but what ever talent we do have, we have to find ways to use them. First few games, the media had to remind Limegrover that there was a guy named Maxx Williams on our team. Then Edwards, the fastest guy on offense, gets ran straight up the middle instead of sweeps, screens, runs outside. Nope, it's Limegrover.

Sure, we may not have the talent, but what ever talent we do have, we have to find ways to use them. First few games, the media had to remind Limegrover that there was a guy named Maxx Williams on our team. Then Edwards, the fastest guy on offense, gets ran straight up the middle instead of sweeps, screens, runs outside. Nope, it's Limegrover.

I thought that was actually kinda stupid. I'm not sure if they even keep track of it in college, but he has to lead the team in targets this year. We just don't throw the ball very often, and we, obviously, don't have a QB.

No, he's bad at his $550k job.

I can implement and run a gameplan that scores zero points for half that.

He can't put points on the board against quality competition.

Leidner threw to double covered Maxx all day today which was a big cause of turnovers and incomplete passes.

Leidner threw to double covered Maxx all day today which was a big cause of turnovers and incomplete passes.

He also has trouble looking at the second receiver on a play. If the first guy isn't open, he panics.

I could do it for a quarter of that. So there.

He also has trouble looking at the second receiver on a play. If the first guy isn't open, he panics.

He doesn't appear to read a defense very well. Granted, I've only coached varsity high school football, but it's kind of important for a QB to be able to read a defense and know where he's likely to go with the ball before the snap...and then be prepared for his second option. I assume it's equally important in major college football. Leidner doesn't appear to have it. Some people can be taught to do it. Others can't. I don't know if it's the staff's fault or not. But when I see a QB continually throwing into double and triple ocoverage and then panicking and going to his first option on even play-action passes, I know somebody ain't doing something right.

With the QB's that are currently on the roster? I think that's a safe assessment. But then again, who could draw up a successful game plan with the likes of Leidner and company?

Top Bottom