Leuer....

NDGopher

Reaction score
Is everyone done getting off over this guy? 2-12 for 4 points....

SCRUB...OWNED!

ohhhh but he was just getting back from an injury....... boo hoo

ND, we appreciate your exuberance...but Leuer is still a good player, despite his play tonight.

I think Leuer is a good player and far from a scrub. This was his first game back, once he gets back in to the flow he'll have some good games. That said, I was shocked when I heard Lavin say that he had talked to scouts that said Leuer was an NBA lottery pick. Maybe I am underrating the kid, but I haven't even considered him an NBA lottery pick.

yeah i think lavin was getting ahead of himself a little bit there

leuer = second coming of paul grant (remember him.....thanks a lot kevin mchale!). i.e. a decent college baller, but will not excel in the nba.

leuer reminds me of rickert

Leuer has a similar game to what Rickert had. He can post, finish with either hand, handle the ball well for a big guy, and they both have good outside shots. Leuer is a little heavier which may help him. He may get a look in the second round. What position could he guard in the NBA? He has slow feet on defense.

Good post madness. Leuer will not play in the NBA. IMO Rickert was a much better player, but he was just so skinny. Way to weak to play NBA. He should have stayed in school and played his heart out for the gophers. Someone gave that kid bad info. on his shot as a pro.

You could tell watching him shoot he isn't 100%, but Bucky wants his to get some warmup games in before the really important ones start. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for us, they under estimated the Gophers and played Leuer and he stunk....

Leuer looked like a guy that hadn't played in a while. Rusty is the word that comes to mind. He'll be fine and will help the Badgers down the stretch.

saw Leuer duel Aldrich when both were seniors in HS ( how good would we be this year with both of them...AND White AND Trevor).

anyway..

both went for 30+
Aldrich had a dozen put-back slams.
Leuer scored all over.. deep 3's, midrange jumpers, baby hooks off glass... missed maybe 2 shots.

Leuer is out of position in the post.. lacks bulk and athleticism.. ( you need at least one ) he would be better 'flashing' there for a quick baby hook..

there was talk of Leuer going to Mich to play for JB... face up shooting all day... might have been a better fit for him.

He was on his way to being first team all Big 10 when he got hurt. He was clearly rusty last night, but the benefit of playing him now will far outweigh the performance he had last night. He was very tentative with the wrist, which hurt his post game and his rebounding. He definitely has a chance to be an NBA player. No guarantee, but a very good chance.

His development has been tremendous.

Good Player, Tiny Head.

jon+leuer.jpg

610x.jpg

I think GVBadger's post in this thread is OTM and others not so much. Leuer was having a great year up until he got injured. He has the ability to have a similar impact as Goran Suton with being able to rebound and shoot with great range & when he's "on" he's very tough to defend. IF and when he and his team gets it back together, they're going to be a REAL tough out, and if they shoot the ball like they've shown they can do at home, they could go as far as any team in the Big 10 in March. The Badgers are struggling lately, but they can get this turned around soon with Leuer back.

Is everyone done getting off over this guy? 2-12 for 4 points....

SCRUB...OWNED!

you're an idiot. obviously you are too stupid to realize it was his first game back of a bad wrist injury. And he wasn't the reason the Badgers didn't win. Gophs took it to UW's defense and UW shot poorly. Come back when you can post with some intelligence.

Leuer is a lottery pick in the NBA draft, for all the morons who say he isn't NBA, watch the draft and realize how stupid you are.

watch the draft, he probably goes 9th. Depends on which team is itching for what but 8, 9, or 10...

neat thing about this board is that you can go back and revisit today's posts and then say "I told you so", which I will do. Apparently you have not seen him play other games and hear what others say about him, media or coaches.

not a chance, here is the first couple sites listed when googling 2010 Nba draft, not only is he not listed as a lottery pick, he isn't listed as drafted in even the 2nd round. Or are your hopes and dreams for him based on 2011?

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2010/mockdraft
http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2010/
I don't think anyway thinks Leuer will be in this year's draft. He'll obviously come back for his senior year.

Most anyone that is talking about him being a pick is talking about his chances in the 2011 draft after he graduates.

leuer reminds me of rickert

Except Rickert was much more well-rounded offensively. Taller and able to score more easily in the post, and could also shoot the 3 pointer just as effectively as Leuer, if not more.

If only Rickert & family had not started hating the teammates and coaches.....

Except Rickert was much more well-rounded offensively. Taller and able to score more easily in the post, and could also shoot the 3 pointer just as effectively as Leuer, if not more.

If only Rickert & family had not started hating the teammates and coaches.....

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=jon-leuer&p1=rick-rickert

Rickert's offensive rating his sophomore year was 101.6. Leuer's this year is 116.3.

If you look at that comparison and pay attention to anything that is a percentage or a rate, you'll not find many categories in which Rickert wins. Pts / 40, Ortg, FG pct, FT pct, FT rate, eFG pct, true shooting pct, a/t ratio, assist pct, steal pct, block pct, turnover pct all to Leuer. Rickert gets 3pt FG pct.

I have no idea if Leuer will be drafted in 2011. But the comparison to Rickert isn't out of line.

On my posts, sorry if I confused posters, no, he is not going into the draft this year, of course he wouldn't be lottery this year. It is projections about him, a big that can shoot from 3 like he can is what makes him valuable, the lottery talk about him is 2011. He needs to stay healthy of course.

Top Bottom