Let's Play A Game: Who gets the most carries this week?

NoelarBear

Reaction score
Fleck mentioned they will all get a look this week.
Who gets the most carries? Who gets the least?

Most to least.
For me.
1. Potts
2. Bryce
3. Wiley
4. Ky
5. Bucky

For the record, I really want to see a lot of Ky and Bucky.

I think Williams gets the most carries, but I expect to see Potts and Wiley get significant touches. I think Williams is a littler underrated because we haven’t seen a ton of him because of Mo. I think and hope Williams is going to be better than folks think. I want to see more of Potts and Wiley catching the ball out of the backfield and I’d like to see some packages where P & W are on the field at the same time. And yes, it would be nice to see Ky Thomas gets some touches as well, given that he was pretty heralded coming out of high school.

After a strong showing against Miami I think Ky Thomas will take the reins as the lead back and will be spelled by Potts.

Toss up between Potts and Williams.

Fleck mentioned they will all get a look this week.
Who gets the most carries? Who gets the least?

Most to least.
For me.
1. Potts
2. Bryce
3. Wiley
4. Ky
5. Bucky

For the record, I really want to see a lot of Ky and Bucky.
I agree with this is as to carries. Potts is far and away number 1 because of vision + shiftiness + speed. I think Williams is the most physical of the top three and is a better all around runner than Wiley (though Wiley has a physical profile neither Potts or Williams can match). I think Wiley might be the best receiver of the top three, however. He has had some good catches in the past. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Gophs try to isolate Wiley on a LB and throw to him. Bottom line: assuming game is well in hand, the Gophers might (and should) do some experimenting against Miami. I expect to see some Ky Thomas mixed in, too. About time to see what we’ve got with him.

Last edited:

Honestly, unless one of them breaks out as a clear front runner, I think they all have within 1 or 2 carries of everyone else. This is a perfect game to get everyone as much playing time as possible and to get as much data on how everyone does in gametime situations.

Irving and Thomas are who I'm most excited for.

Potts 16, Wiley 10, then Williams 5. Ky and Bucky might get touches if it’s a blow out.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest the coaches will give Williams the ball ahead of with Potts and Wiley.

Gut says Potts gets the most carries but I think it will really come down to who is effective.

I would expect to see a lot of guys back there getting a look. I have not been all that impressed by Wiley to this point but have liked the limited looks we have gotten at Potts and Williams.

Really curious to see what KY and Bucky look like. Hopefully we get up early on Miami OH and can then use the bulk of the game to give each guys some carries and see who is going to take the reigns as the feature back going forward.

Top Bottom