Lets all remember back to this date: November 1st, 2008(Homecoming)

began11

GOPHER11
Reaction score
Lets all remember back to this date...... when everything in "Gopher Nation" was going great. The Gophers were 7-1 and had just gotten done beating Purdue at their house. Brewster was rumored to be on his way out of Minnesota and on to bigger and better places. Gopher fans were actually scared that Brew would up and leave in the middle of the night, like our good buddy Lou Holtz. Well, we all know how the "horror" story has played out: "Goper Nation" is at an all time low! Things can sure change quickly. This is a critical time for the "U", so as a lifelong Gopher fan I hope they get it right this time. I mean come on... you don't hire a tight end coach with no collegiate head coaching experience to lead you to the promised land. GO GOPHERS and no matter what I will be in Sect 209 cheering for the Maroon and Gold! My BCS game is beating BECKY and taking them out of a New Year's day bowl this year.

Lets all remember back to this date...... when everything in "Gopher Nation" was going great. The Gophers were 7-1 and had just gotten done beating Purdue at their house. Brewster was rumored to be on his way out of Minnesota and on to bigger and better places. Gopher fans were actually scared that Brew would up and leave in the middle of the night, like our good buddy Lou Holtz. Well, we all know how the "horror" story has played out: "Goper Nation" is at an all time low! Things can sure change quickly. This is a critical time for the "U", so as a lifelong Gopher fan I hope they get it right this time. I mean come on... you don't hire a tight end coach with no collegiate head coaching experience to lead you to the promised land. GO GOPHERS and no matter what I will be in Sect 209 cheering for the Maroon and Gold! My BCS game is beating BECKY and taking them out of a New Year's day bowl this year.

Yeah, 7-1 after beating absolutely NO ONE! That was just another "sucker rally" ushered in by Brewperbole. Those of us capable of seeing the forrest for the trees called it what it was and when reality reared it's ugly head, the crash was fast and furious.

FWIW, embracing the spoiler role is embracing losing.....

Remember when Brewster flew in Rose Bowl "Turf"

And we all talked about getting that rose bowl turf grow lights watering it and keeping it alive in the locker room until the Gophers returned triumphantly to the Rose Bowl. Maybe we can enter Goldy's Motorcycle in the Rose Bowl Parade and say we have been there in the last 50 years. Where has our lost "Patch of Grass" gone. Troy Stoudimire smoked it.
Now, I doubt the turf is still around and if so "somone" might have mistaken it for the other green stuff and tried to smoke it.
Remember when Brewster took a helicopter from Minnetonka just last year to see Beau Allen play and then flew "Brew" Chopper 1 to St Paul and St Thomas to watch Seantrell Henderson Play on the same Friday. We would have been better off spending the chopper money on "investments" in star players that might actually come here. Maybe we should all smoke some "Rose Bowl" turf before Saturday's game so were mellow and not wound up before the game.

Those of us capable of seeing the forrest for the trees called it what it was and when reality reared it's ugly head, the crash was fast and furious

Funny, I don't remember you predicitng this. What's it like being Nostradamus like?

Yeah, 7-1 after beating absolutely NO ONE! That was just another "sucker rally" ushered in by Brewperbole.

They only beat five teams that went bowling the year before. The Masonites like to point out that Brew took over a bowl team so I guess it has to work both ways.

Those of us capable of seeing the forrest for the trees called it what it was and when reality reared it's ugly head, the crash was fast and furious.

Could you provide a link?

They only beat five teams that went bowling the year before. The Masonites like to point out that Brew took over a bowl team so I guess it has to work both ways.

Brew is gone dude...get over it...

Wasn't the BSter rumored to be a candidate for the Tennessee job around that time? AHAHAHAHAHA.

Once again, the Peter Principle holds.

Soooooooo you are actually crowing about beating teams in 2008, that went to bowl games in 2007?? How very Brewperbolistic! Did they win.......because every one GOES.....even brewcrew!:clap:

In Vermillion, are they still whooping it up over beating a team that "went to a bowl game last year?" lol

PS:

Let's review the miracle start of 2008, shall we?

2008-Minnesota (Big Ten)

8/30 vs. Northern Illinois (6-7)
W 31 27
9/6 @ Bowling Green State (6-6)
W 42 17
9/13 vs. Montana State (non-IA) W 35 23
9/20 vs. Florida Atlantic (7-6)
W 37 3
9/27 @ *Ohio State (10-3)
L 21 34
10/4 vs. *Indiana (3-9)
W 16 7
10/11 @ *Illinois (5-7)
W 27 20
10/25 @ *Purdue (4-8)
W 17 6

11/1 vs. *Northwestern (9-4)
L 17 24
11/8 vs. *Michigan (3-9)
L 6 29
11/15 @ *Wisconsin (7-6)
L 32 35
11/22 vs. *Iowa (9-4)
L 0 55
12/31 vs. Kansas (8-5)
L 21 42 @ Glendale, AZ Insight Bowl
7-6-0 302 322

Wow, I bet BG, NIU and FAU went to some doooooooooozy bowl games in 2007!! Purdue gave up 48 points to something called Central MI in something called the motor city bowl. Illinois?? How did their bowl game go for them?? Of course the year before they went to a bowl game, they were only 2-10.....

I completely forgot about that Michigan game...we were actually favored & got *EMBARRASSED*...

So if Decker makes that catch against NU, instead of the deflected interception for a TD, are things different today?

Top Bottom