Leidner

No love for Weber?

One game as the QB coach and Mitchy comes out throwing tight spirals like Dan Marino! He's a miracle worker!!! The man is clearly a savant!!

Can someone now reveal exactly when he was hurt during the season, what he all played through and what his off season surgery will entail?

Yup along with his 80% comp pct....give him a better o line the kid could probably be big 10

Hopefully, they'll move Weber from Offensive Graduate Assistant to QB coach.

Leidner's poise and focus has improved under his tutelage in spite of injuries.

Probably not a coincidence that he had his best game last year in the Bowl game as well. Is it the prep or recovery time that most benefits him?

He'll have foot surgery, the peak of his injury was the nw game and why he wasn't as mobile this year... if memory serves that was what he injured last year vs TCU?

Fourth best passing yardage total and fifth best completion percentage for a season in school history.

Can someone now reveal exactly when he was hurt during the season, what he all played through and what his off season surgery will entail?

I would give you a clue but you need to promise that you won't put Leidner's foot in your mouth.

The spiral that Leidner threw deep on the ball that Maye couldn't hold onto was a thing of beauty... I got teary eyed when they showed the slow motion replay of it.

Kudos to Leidner! Should have been a 90% completion rate with some of silly drops. He played excellent. Great vision, leadership, and accuracy.

He played pretty well in last year's bowl too. Not sure if it's coincidence or related to having more time to prep, or being able to heal from injuries (or a combination of the above).
Central Michigan's quarterback looked terrible against our legit passing D.

Mitch was absolutely special tonight. Very quick decision making, accurate and a great spiral. With a good O line next year and an aggressive OC he will quickly develope into a Heisman candidate. You heard it here first, Minnesota's Ben Rothlisberger!

Mitch played well, hopefully new O-line coach can improve fundamentals and communicat

Mitch was absolutely special tonight. Very quick decision making, accurate and a great spiral. With a good O line next year and an aggressive OC he will quickly develope into a Heisman candidate. You heard it here first, Minnesota's Ben Rothlisberger!

I thought Leidner played well today, that last touchdown drive was good. Offensive line needs improvement, better conditioning, flexibilty and better feet and fundamentals. They could have played better up front. This is the group that needs to improve the most this off season. Hopefully the new coach will help make them better as a group. KJ Maye played his butt off and so did Lingen.

He looked very comfortable and confident most of the night. He threw several great deep balls. Wish we would have tried it a few more times.

And yes, those spirals!

Great game by Mitch, I give him an A. My only nit to pick is his inability to get rid of the ball a few more times before getting sacked. With the elimination of any extra yards on the intentional grounding call, why not just throw it out of bounds every time you can? If they call the penalty, it's no difference than taking the sack. If you get away with it even just once in awhile it's worth doing it.

Hope all the Mitch haters are looking forward to watching him for 13 more games.

Hope all the Mitch haters are looking forward to watching him for 13 more games.

I'm not totally convinced yet, although I'm leaning towards him having turned the corner. He did put up a stinker against Wisconsin. I'm looking for him to be even better next year as he will be a senior and hopefully our OC will be much more competent than the one(s) we had this year. I know it's not all his fault, so hopefully the new coaches will help put Leidner in a better situations. I'm excited about next season!

I wouldn't put him in the Heisman race as some have lol.

I'm not totally convinced yet, although I'm leaning towards him having turned the corner. He did put up a stinker against Wisconsin. I'm looking for him to be even better next year as he will be a senior and hopefully our OC will be much more competent than the one(s) we had this year. I know it's not all his fault, so hopefully the new coaches will help put Leidner in a better situations. I'm excited about next season!

I wouldn't put him in the Heisman race as some have lol.

I'm not sure what you're waiting to see. This was statistically one of the better seasons a gopher QB has had. He's not going to win any awards, but he's not losing the job to underclassmen.

Pretty sure no one did that. Being optimistic after tonight is fine.

Post #17.

Not trying to be a downer, as I would welcome if it came true... but let's be realistic.

I like the work Weber did with Leidner, a lot. If the rumor is true and Jay Johnson is
our new OC/QB coach, where could we put Weber? I think he needs a spot on this
staff..

I could spend the time looking at the coaching staff, how many numbers we have
and if there is a spot available, but i'm sure someone has already done so?..

Accuracy was greatly improved, but he is a poor decision maker. Hasn't learned how to throw the ball away in the face of a sack and has a habit of throwing the ball short of the first down line. On a mid-third quarter drive, he completed a pass for four yards on 3rd and six. On 4th down he completed a pass for no gain. 100% completion rating on that set but he didn't give the offense a chance to move the ball. Avoidable sacks and throwing beneath the first down line have got to be corrected before I consider Leidner an average qb. I'd call him serviceable... It's not like the offense lit up Central Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom