Least shocking news of the day; Penny Hardaway, Memphis facing multiple Level I, II charges by the NCAA including a lack of institutional control

Right now, schools that cooperate and self sanction get hammered.
Schools that just stall and stall get almost nothing

So if you want to reverse that trend you have to hammer Memphis if you have evidence of them obstructing.

Last edited:

Right now, schools that cooperate and self sanction get hammered.
Schools that just stall and stall get almost nothing

So if you want to reverse that trend you have to hammer Memphis if you have evidence of them obstructing.
Memphis cheated with slick Cal and now they're cheating again. They should get a double hammer. Why Tubby ever thought it was a good idea to leave TT for Memphis is beyond me.

I feel like he was trying to cash as many big checks as possible on his way out the door.
TT wouldn't have given him a raise? Also I don't think ending at High Point speaks to it being about $$. Perhaps the Hollins' brothers gave him a false sense of bravado about how well he could recruit Memphis.

TT wouldn't have given him a raise? Also I don't think ending at High Point speaks to it being about $$. Perhaps the Hollins' brothers gave him a false sense of bravado about how well he could recruit Memphis.
Ending at high point was because he still wanted to coach.

But tubby smith was born in Maryland went to school in Carolina (at high point).

So if someone is asking you if you want a bundle of cash to move from Lubbock to Memphis you might take it. Even if Lubbock matches or near matches.

So my theory is that when offered a raise to leave Lubbock he said yes immediately. He never struck me as a Texas guy. He never struck me as a Minnesota guy but he seemed less out of place here than he did at Texas tech

Ending at high point was because he still wanted to coach.

But tubby smith was born in Maryland went to school in Carolina (at high point).

So if someone is asking you if you want a bundle of cash to move from Lubbock to Memphis you might take it. Even if Lubbock matches or near matches.

So my theory is that when offered a raise to leave Lubbock he said yes immediately. He never struck me as a Texas guy. He never struck me as a Minnesota guy but he seemed less out of place here than he did at Texas tech
No argument on that. He just seemed incredibly naive about Memphis their shady-ness going back multiple coaches and their expectations etc.

“ the Complex Case Unit alleges that Memphis obstructed the investigation, including destroying/manipulating potential evidence.”

What evidence is there that there is no potential evidence?🤔

Memphis should use the North Carolina defense regarding phony classes. Since they were open to everyone then the athletic teams shouldn’t be punished..AND THE NCAA BOUGHT IT! Memphis can argue that since everyone does it they can’t be held accountable.

Memphis cheated with slick Cal and now they're cheating again. They should get a double hammer. Why Tubby ever thought it was a good idea to leave TT for Memphis is beyond me.
$$$$

Memphis was paying the difference between his contract with them and what High Point was paying him. Really good deal for High Point.

Memphis can argue that since everyone does it they can’t be held accountable.
I used to try on that excuse to explain my indiscretions as a youth. It rarely worked.

Tubby's problem at Memphis was Penny Hardaway, Penny basically blackballed Tubby from Recruiting his AAU and high school teams and pretty much used guys like Weisman as collateral to get the Memphis job

“ the Complex Case Unit alleges that Memphis obstructed the investigation, including destroying/manipulating potential evidence.”

What evidence is there that there is no potential evidence?🤔
phone records, emails any line of communication

I used to try on that excuse to explain my indiscretions as a youth. It rarely worked.
"So if everybody jumps off a bridge, are you going to?"

Yeah me too and it also never worked.

Tubby's problem at Memphis was Penny Hardaway, Penny basically blackballed Tubby from Recruiting his AAU and high school teams and pretty much used guys like Weisman as collateral to get the Memphis job
Say what you want about Tubby, but he had no tolerance for that kind of bs, and players running the show. He didn't match the success of his early career, but he maintained his dignity and never sold his soul to the handlers of star players.

Top Bottom