Larry Drew II to transfer?

khoffman43

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6089805

Sorry if this thread is already up, I didnt see it when I looked.

Impressive stats, but would have to sit out a year if he stays with a D1 program. Tubby has been able to land some former NBA'ers kids, would he be interested in LDII? I just want him so we have Ralph Sampson III and Larry Drew II on the same roster.

I want no part of LD2. He would only have a year of eligibility left and he isn't very good. Also, he turned his back on his team in the middle of the season. We refer to this as, "pulling a devoe."

This isn't all that surprising considering he was looking to transfer after last season. Problem was, nobody wanted him.

For those who don't know, LD2 recently lost his starting job to freshman Kendall Marshall. Also, his dad his the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks.

Seeing another in-season defection from any school just makes me sad. I have a 13 year old son and he plays soccer at a fairly high level and basketball at a somewhat lower level. Before each season, we ask him if he still enjoys it and wants to play again. If he says yes, the only rules we have is that he gives it his full effort and no matter what happens, he has to complete the season.

It's called being a good teammate and it seems to be a concept that a lot of these spoiled D1 athletes have forgotten.

Drew has been a disappointment at UNC. I would think that he ends up closer to his California home. He has a younger brother, Landon, who might be better. He played on the Cal Pump N Run 16's that play at the Best Buy Summer Classic.

Chris Monter

Interesting tidbit about his brother Landon. He was ran off from Taft HS, where Larry attended, because his parents wouldn't stop meddling in the coaches business. And as the day goes on, it sounds like the same thing was happening at Carolina.

No thank you. Maybe he can transfer to Oregon and work on his individual goals with Devoe.

I agree its never good for a player to leave mid-season unless there are real reasons (family issues, health reasons, etc) but to leave for lack of PT is pathetic.

Top Bottom