Landing Spots for Portal Players

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
How have the guys who entered the portal done as far as finding a new home?

I’ll admit I am a bit lazy, so I will just post this link. It’s a good way to track incoming/outgoing transfers for the gophers and other schools.
Yep, looks like most of our former players have found a new home but a couple still don't have a landing spot for 2022.

It's also reassuring to see that those who have transferred out and found new homes are all at programs that I would consider a "step down". I would be more concerned about our outgoing transfers if it felt like our players were leaving for programs considered to be higher in the FBS pecking order. I wish them all the best.

I’ll admit I am a bit lazy, so I will just post this link. It’s a good way to track incoming/outgoing transfers for the gophers and other schools.
Rating changes are interesting. It looks like some guys still have their HS rating, and some have a "transfer" rating which is different than their high school rating. Some went down, some went up. Beanie Bishop was .79 out of high school and he's .88 on this.

Rating changes are interesting. It looks like some guys still have their HS rating, and some have a "transfer" rating which is different than their high school rating. Some went down, some went up. Beanie Bishop was .79 out of high school and he's .88 on this.
Assume they are moving towards a way of adding transfers into recruiting class calculations with these ratings.

Assume they are moving towards a way of adding transfers into recruiting class calculations with these ratings.
It looks like it. One of the links shows national rankings and Minnesota is 23. Not by average, but overall. Average is 86.14.

It's also reassuring to see that those who have transferred out and found new homes are all at programs that I would consider a "step down". I would be more concerned about our outgoing transfers if it felt like our players were leaving for programs considered to be higher in the FBS pecking order. I wish them all the best.
There was a segemtn about this. When you dont play, its hard for other programs to evaluate you based on high school tape.

High school ratings don't matter as much as proven experienced talent from the Transfer Portal.

Covid really messed with recruiting for many players. It shut down many opportunities

Top Bottom