Lack of player updates

AZ Gopher

Reaction score
Has anyone heard late reports on Al Nolen. And also, what is status of Mo Walker for next year. Does he lose this year of eligibility when he played on no conference games. It would be nice of the Gopher sports department to give us current updates on all our players, including those who are being redshirted this year.

AZ Gopher

Has anyone heard late reports on Al Nolen. And also, what is status of Mo Walker for next year. Does he lose this year of eligibility when he played on no conference games. It would be nice of the Gopher sports department to give us current updates on all our players, including those who are being redshirted this year.

AZ Gopher

Pretty sure Mo will be a Sophomore next year since he played quite a few games before getting injured for the rest of the year.

We covered Mo a few times in the month of December... he has used up a year of eligibility to compete this season.

There is no such thing as a medical redshirt.

With regard to a hardship waiver, he would be out of luck due to greater than 30% participation already this year (14.2.4 (c)).

AZ Gopher

Programs everywhere are generally a bit reluctant to disclose tons and tons of medical info on injured players. There are privacy laws, etc. shielding the athletes.

Just the way it is nowadays.

The way I see it, if there were any player updates on here from any posters regarding player injuries, then they would have to pass the speculation and rumor tests. (However, that is not hard to do, because lots of people have their reliable sources to pass information.)

AZ Gopher

Walker faces a 9 month recovery from ACL tear. Purdue's Robbie Hummel tried to return (to practice) in 6 months but re-injured it. It may be 12 months before Walker is 100% healthy.

Walker faces a 9 month recovery from ACL tear.

Walker never injured his ACL. He had surgery to repair his PCL and meniscus. PCL injuries can be a six-month recovery after surgery, but because of the additional meniscus damage, it could be longer in Mo's case. You could well be right about 12 months before 100%. Probably playing before that, though.

Walker never injured his ACL. He had surgery to repair his PCL and meniscus. PCL injuries can be a six-month recovery after surgery, but because of the additional meniscus damage, it could be longer in Mo's case. You could well be right about 12 months before 100%. Probably playing before that, though.

My stepdaughter tore up her knee in 1994 as senior at UCLA. Surgery techniques and recovery more advanced now.

But it took her 12 months to get through rehab and 18 months before 100% healthy.

My stepdaughter tore up her knee in 1994 as senior at UCLA. Surgery techniques and recovery more advanced now.

But it took her 12 months to get through rehab and 18 months before 100% healthy.

Was her body type similar to Maurice's?

I think if the doctors tell Nolen he can play, he'll play. Some are inferring that if doctors tell him he can play, he will not only err no the side of caution (which is reasonable), but would essentially refuse to play no matter what because he's worried about his next step in the game. I can't see that.

If he is going to come back and be available for the first round (refuse to call it the second), let's hope that information is known and released to the selection committee prior to the finalization of the field.

Was her body type similar to Maurice's?

I think if the doctors tell Nolen he can play, he'll play. Some are inferring that if doctors tell him he can play, he will not only err no the side of caution (which is reasonable), but would essentially refuse to play no matter what because he's worried about his next step in the game. I can't see that.

If he is going to come back and be available for the first round (refuse to call it the second), let's hope that information is known and released to the selection committee prior to the finalization of the field.

6-2 and 200 pounds (PF / C) - pretty big for a 22 year old woman.

If we make the NCAA's and Nolen has been told he can go, NO FREAKIN' WAY he'll sit. It's his senior year and last chance to play in the tourney. I couldn't imagine any scenario where he would refuse to play and help his teammates out if he's able.

If we make the NCAA's and Nolen has been told he can go, NO FREAKIN' WAY he'll sit. It's his senior year and last chance to play in the tourney. I couldn't imagine any scenario where he would refuse to play and help his teammates out if he's able.
Remember last years scenario? Nolen could have helped out his teammates but didn't.

Oh for God's sake...MORE PI$$ING CONTESTS.

Top Bottom