Kudos to ChemEGopher

No Loyalty Oaths Today?

At the game we came across our favorite sports writer, Patrick Reusse. ChemEGopher asked him "What negative spin can we expect tomorrow, Reusse?" Mr. Reusse shrugged his shoulders and continued on.

In addition to this, Reusse turned his back to the flag midway through the national anthem. So not only does he hate Gopher football, there is a good chance he hates America also.

No one is a bigger critic of Reusse than me (I will take credit for originally dubbing him Fulda the Hutt as an example). But to question his love for America? Wow, I didn't know Joseph McCarthy had fans . . . or descendants . . .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One of Reusse's son's is a career Marine who is currently doing is 2nd or 3rd tour in Iraq. His other son was also in the Marines and served in Iraq. Next time you see Reusse, rather than make an ass out of yourself, you should thank him for his son's service.

It is ok to not like Reusse. There are plenty of reasons for it if you are a Gopher fan. But this outright hatred that is so pervasive in GopherHole is pathetic. What happens in the sports world should not play that large of a role in anyone's life.

"The Reusse hatred that is so pervasive in GopherHole is pathetic."

Upnorth....He has brought it on himself.

"The Reusse hatred that is so pervasive in GopherHole is pathetic."

Upnorth....He has brought it on himself.

Right on the money. Normally, I don't go for the verbal abuse thing. But Reusse has done more than enough to encourage ire amongst Gopher fans and has openly mocked Gopher programs over the years. Reusse deserves exactly what he's getting.

Here is what I do NOT understand....Sir Sidney Hartman catches hell because he is a died in the wool Gopher supporter and writer. When he writes something positive, he catches hell from the young people who know NOTHING! Give me Sid's reports, based on personal interviews, instead of Fat Pat's negative opinions. Long Live Sid!!!

One of Reusse's son's is a career Marine who is currently doing is 2nd or 3rd tour in Iraq. His other son was also in the Marines and served in Iraq. Next time you see Reusse, rather than make an ass out of yourself, you should thank him for his son's service.

It is ok to not like Reusse. There are plenty of reasons for it if you are a Gopher fan. But this outright hatred that is so pervasive in GopherHole is pathetic. What happens in the sports world should not play that large of a role in anyone's life.

Lighten up Francis.

My hatred of Reusse is less about his dislike for Gophers and more about when he went off making fun of the legislation that was put out a few months ago to support the arts and wildlife. It's not that he disagreed with it, either, but that he so thoroughly mocked it. Some of us who enjoy sports are also fans wildlife (whether hunters, fishers, or treehuggers) and also enjoy the arts. That's why I hate Reusse.

chemEgopher....the man...the myth....the legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the all time greatest gopher fans. dont forget about the pizza in the wisconsin fan's face!!!!!

didnt know about the son. have respect for the son, not the dad. given the representation that the son is in the marines, it makes it all the more puzzling that he would turn his back upon the flag. oh well i wont judge him for that - dont need to. i already knew he was a prick based upon his everyday life. :pig:

Right on the money. Normally, I don't go for the verbal abuse thing. But Reusse has done more than enough to encourage ire amongst Gopher fans and has openly mocked Gopher programs over the years. Reusse deserves exactly what he's getting.

agreed. the time has come for fulda to get the feedback for the bile he has spewed over the years. :pig:

Clearly I'm pretty green but...

can someone explain the name "Fulda" to me? :confused: I get "the Hutt" and all... :clap:

Personally, I don't care for Reusse's coverage of the Gophers but I do like him on the radio (both his own show and his 4:40 visit). That said, the fact that his son serves in the Marines means nothing with regard to him. We don't know anything about the circumstances surrounding it (maybe he's all for it, maybe he tried to talk him out of enlistment). The one thing we do know is that apparently, Pat didn't have the respect to stand at attention to our national anthem. Say what you will, but if true, it is blatently disrespectful. I had a very good friend who laid down his life for this country in Afghanistan and I can tell you with 110% certainty, if his father had been at the game and witnessed that he would have given Pat a piece of his mind and maybe more. If Reusse did indeed do this, he is completely deserving of any ripping he may get here or anywhere else.

How fitting!

At the game we came across our favorite sports writer, Patrick Reusse. ChemEGopher asked him "What negative spin can we expect tomorrow, Reusse?" Mr. Reusse shrugged his shoulders and continued on.

In addition to this, Reusse turned his back to the flag midway through the national anthem. So not only does he hate Gopher football, there is a good chance he hates America also.

The one who is at the center of an unfounded rumor regarding Brewster, is now going to have to defend himself.

Insulting Reusse won't win games. Run the ball behind a dominant offensiv line. Stop the run on defense.
Then no matter what Reusse writes, it will not matter. Just win ball games. Negativity...positivity mean nothing. Block. tackle and don't turn the ball over will get you some place. Reusse can't hurt the team. Not having the offensive line show up ready to dominate can hurt the team though. It's not about Reusse. It is about blocking, tackeling and scoring mre points that the other team!

Nice work, ChemE.

Insulting Reusse won't win games. Run the ball behind a dominant offensiv line. Stop the run on defense.
Then no matter what Reusse writes, it will not matter. Just win ball games. Negativity...positivity mean nothing. Block. tackle and don't turn the ball over will get you some place. Reusse can't hurt the team. Not having the offensive line show up ready to dominate can hurt the team though. It's not about Reusse. It is about blocking, tackeling and scoring mre points that the other team!

I hope it's not about spelling or grammar either. :)
________
NEW JERSEY DISPENSARY

One of the stupidest posts ever. What on earth is your point.

Top Bottom