Kristoff Kowalkowski signs with St. Thomas...

laazrakit

Reaction score
Seems like a name that's gotten a lot of space in here...

12 of 26 are from MN in first class.

I just want to see they fit his name on the jersey...

How did this one slip through the cracks?
If only there were some advocates of his who could have spoken up to get him some attention!
Gophers probably would have offered and we'd have a QB for the next 4.5 years!

I was just watching a couple clips of his.
Throwing motion looks a bit unorthodox.
Anyone else notice that?

Hopefully he has a successful career at St. Thomas, gets drafted by the Vikings, and leads the Vikings to a Super Bowl.

I was just watching a couple clips of his.
Anyone else notice that?

Hopefully he has a successful career at St. Thomas, gets drafted by the Vikings, and leads the Vikings to a Super Bowl.
The story is not complete without him getting drafted behind Kaliakmanis and then besting him in the playoffs en route to the Super bowl to the chagrin of all who dared talk about Kaliakmanis's greatness.

The story is not complete without him getting drafted behind Kaliakmanis and then besting him in the playoffs en route to the Super bowl to the chagrin of all who dared talk about Kaliakmanis's greatness.

Oh, good point. Ideally he's passed over for a few picks and then makes those teams pay for decades for not choosing him.

In all seriousness... I would like to see the Vikings win a Super Bowl some day and I don't care where the QB comes from.

I was just watching a couple of clips of his.
Anyone else notice that?

Oh, yes, I have noticed that as well from a clip I saw somewhere. He is memorable because you can't figure out how to pronounce his last name. Who thinks he will start at St Thomas where they see a parade of legit D1 transfers each year?

I will freely admit to being one of the people who has taken shots at Tommyboy for many of his posts involving Kristoff. But those in this thread taking shots at the kid are out of line.

This is the downside to Tommyboy's constant over the top promotion of Kristoff. It has made some posters have negative feelings about Kristoff to the point where some are taking shots at him personally when he has done nothing wrong.

Hopefully he has a great run with St. Thomas.

I will freely admit to being one of the people who has taken shots at Tommyboy for many of his posts involving Kristoff. But those in this thread taking shots at the kid are out of line.

This is the downside to Tommyboy's constant over the top promotion of Kristoff. It has made some posters have negative feelings about Kristoff to the point where some are taking shots at him personally when he has done nothing wrong.

Hopefully he has a great run with St. Thomas.

What are you his uncle?

JK.

Tommyboy, please look away for a second.

My shots at the kid are a complete joke. I've never seen him play. I have no opinion on his arm (noodle or rocket). I was just jabbing at Tommyboy.

Good luck, Kristoff!

We're just giving your dad a hard time. My dad is kind of annoying too. I'm glad social media wasn't what it is now when I was in HS, my old man would have been a disaster on these forums too.

I'll actually watch the kid's career quite a bit, my nephew plays for St. Thomas.

comparing St. Thomas to other D1 programs really isn't apples to apples - because St. Thomas is going into a conference that does not allow scholarships.

from the Strib:
Just because St. Thomas will be classified as Division I doesn't mean the Tommies are the equivalent of your standard D-I program. They will be members of the Pioneer League, an 11-member conference of mostly private schools with a nationwide footprint from California (University of San Diego) to Florida (Stetson) to New York (Marist). Like Ivy League schools, Pioneer League teams do not offer athletic scholarships. St. Thomas, which runs about $53,000 per year for room, board and tuition, has to find another selling point.

BTW - the same article says the kid with the long name had 2 D1 offers. Central Michigan and some Florida school I can't remember.

I hope he does well. I even had no problem with TommyBoy hyperbolically touting him. It was when he starting denigrating Athan to make his boy look good that I got on the anti-TommyBoy wagon.

Top Bottom