Kristen Hoskins - a Gopher recruiting hidden gem

I don't follow pro football but I did watch parts of the game last night and if you don't think Hill is lightning in a bottle then I'm not sure what is. I've never seen a player that fast and shifty. I hope Hoskins is just like that. If you're suggesting Hill is a jerk, then I have to apologize cause I know nothing about him. Is he bad news?
Domestic violence in college. Kind of remarkable that he didn't really produce that much at the college level compared to how good he is now.

I don't follow pro football but I did watch parts of the game last night and if you don't think Hill is lightning in a bottle then I'm not sure what is. I've never seen a player that fast and shifty. I hope Hoskins is just like that. If you're suggesting Hill is a jerk, then I have to apologize cause I know nothing about him. Is he bad news?

Domestic violence in college. Kind of remarkable that he didn't really produce that much at the college level compared to how good he is now.
He played more RB in college than WR but you're 100% right. He is remarkably explosive, it is kind of shocking he didn't just dominate.

Having watched Kristen play since his freshman year I can assure everyone this kid has enough speed/wiggle to make pro defenders look silly. An underrated part of his game is his hands. Rarely has a drop. Basically he's got all the talent. My one concern is he tends to pout a little bit if things don't go his way. With the culture and coaching he is going to get at the U I'd imagine it will get addressed soon in the process. Pulling for this kid!

I'm not saying Hoskins is a bust and didn't deserve a scholarship. But, just picking a recent Gophers' hilites, Ky Thomas, tell me Thomas isn't faster and much more impressive. They line up in different spots but the hilite plays are very comparable.
Like I said earlier, I'd love to be wrong about Hoskins instant impact to the Gophers.
Ky Thomas HS Hilites
If Thomas was faster than Hoskins, he’d be the best RB in the country and a future first round pick.

I'm not worried about Hoskins at all. Nothing is 100%, but this kid will contribute at a high level. Watching his tape and seeing him play basketball, he has all the skills to be Elite.

Kid is 5'9 can jump out of the gym and scored over 1,000 points. He has ball skills that transfer to football.

I'm not worried about Hoskins at all. Nothing is 100%, but this kid will contribute at a high level. Watching his tape and seeing him play basketball, he has all the skills to be Elite.

Kid is 5'9 can jump out of the gym and scored over 1,000 points. He has ball skills that transfer to football.
The Gophers like recruiting multi-sports athletes. This kid can be a Swiss Army Knife. I am looking forward to see how he is utilized.

May gave been underutilized or in a bad scheme for his talents

I have watched him since middle school. My daughter is a classmate of his. He has more wiggle than any high school kid I have ever seen times 2. He doesn’t dance, he makes one move and then is gone. His first step is lightening fast. Whoever said he just runs fast enough to stay ahead of the defense is spot on. Does it all the time.

Watch his basketball highlights to see how quick he is. No one can guard him 1 on 1. No one. They all try. They all fail. Again it is that first step or two. Just crazy quick.

The physical skills are there to be a stud in the B1G. But we all know it takes more than that. Time will tell if he accomplishes great things but I am really pulling for him. I think he can with good coaching and lots of work.

Top Bottom