Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Thymanst

Reaction score
Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash according to fox news

41 years old . Jim Jackson was genuinely shaken up by this breaking news.

So sad. Left behind four daughters and his wife.

Wow. Never was a fan of him, but how incredibly sad. Feel horrible for his family.

For what it’s worth, I’m seeing some reports that it was only one of Bryant’s daughters plus one of her friends and the friend’s parent, in the crash. I guess we’ll know more later.

On this day, may not a soul care about the Others. May they be damned and vanquished from human memory. I care about them not and I pray no others do. Burn.

Now it's reported the deaths were Kobe, his daughter Gianna, one of Vanessa's teammates and her father, in addition to the pilot.

Last edited:

Now it's reported the deaths were Kobe, his daughter Vanessa, one of Vanessa's teammates and her father, in addition to the pilot.
Vanessa is his wife. Gianna was his daughter, and the one who passed away.

And to respond to an earlier post - the NBA did not cancel games today.

Was surprised as to the number of inaccurate reporting today. Not good. Peace to Kobe's family and the others in the helicopter. This one will be tough.

Just really unbelievable. In the student section tonight, I could literally feel the news spreading before the game started. There aren't many stories that come out that first make you assume it's some kind of sick joke or false information before beginning to comprehend that it's true. Usually we're pretty rowdy before a big game like this, but the news just ripped the energy out.

I know the majority of you on this board are beyond your college years, but this is easily the biggest impact a celebrity death has had on kids from my age. He was always the guy we would pretend to be in pickup games. You'd see someone wearing his jersey every day at school. He was just legendary, and one of those guys who you felt like would be around forever.

And his daughter... man. Many already had her on track to do for the WNBA what he did for the NBA. You could always tell how immensely fond Kobe was of Gianna whenever he spoke about her. Just absolutely tragic.

Life is so fickle and fragile. Whether a helicopter crash or Herb Brooks in a car crash or John Lennon erased by a crazed fan: you have to live your life prepared to go any time. Hug your friends and loved ones.

I had a college classmate and work colleague die one morning in a head-on crash on the way to work near Brainerd. Suddenly he was gone. Still having a hard time believing it this many years later.

Top Bottom