KJ Maye

Nate

cum grano salis
Reaction score
kj maye @kjmaye1 Just committed to Minnesota.

He has a decent offer list, especially for this late in the game - DI-A offers from Kentucky, La. Tech, UAB, and Northern Illinois. My fear is that this means we are getting neither McDonald nor Gregory.

Don't know much about him. Does he project as a WR?

hes listed at 5'10" and 170 lbs.. played qb in hs... im guessng recruted as ath

Does the coaching staff ultimately take everyone that commits?

the staff can put restrictions like academics on the scholly as well as performance... so it is up to the athelete himself to earn the scholly.. hence why twitty and a few others lost there scholly... i wonder if nicholson (the lb from fla) is still a commit or if his grades are going to be an issue

Not sure if someone who has the ability (not on phone) to add his highlights from YouTube can but they are pretty good.

Reminds me of Troy Stoudemire at QB in HS.

I'm thinking this bodes badly for McDonald and/or Gregory coming here.
Hope i'm wrong.
Either way, he's an impressive scatback type with good speed, we need more of those on our squad.
Welcome aboard!

FWIW, MV views him as Marcus Jones type guy (only not as fast), suggesting projecting him out at WR.

Shifty little f*cker.

What's with the 15 minute highlight video? Can we slim that down a touch streetlight productions?

He looks impressive and has some quicks. We'll see what this means for getting some of the other WRs, I have a hard time believing on signing day we'll see Fruechte, Harbison, Maye, McDonald, and Gregory all as Gophers.

He is being brought in as a slot WR. Ole, you stole the words right out of my mouth, looks a lot like troy

He looks impressive and has some quicks. We'll see what this means for getting some of the other WRs, I have a hard time believing on signing day we'll see Fruechte, Harbison, Maye, McDonald, and Gregory all as Gophers.
Well we don't have a choice with Fruechte anymore unless they were to cut him 2 weeks after starting school

It may not be likely but I would be more than ok with it if it does occur.

Our current slot WRs: Jones (knee injury) and........ Moulton? Thats it. Maye fills a need. Quick but small. We'll see if it sticks

What's up with that unnecessary, northwestern-basketball-esque spin move he does when he fakes a handoff?

What's up with that unnecessary, northwestern-basketball-esque spin move he does when he fakes a handoff?

Yeah, I've always wondered why teams who run that particular offense are always doing those kind of unrealistic fakes. It reminds me of old grainy footage of the 4 Horsemen at Notre Dame.

This says absolutely nothing about whether or not McDonald will sign. Different players, different positions.

This says absolutely nothing about whether or not McDonald will sign. Different players, different positions.
Maybe, but Kill has said in the past that we'd have a class of 25 or 26. Maybe another shoe will drop, but as of now it looks like we're up against a scholarship wall.

I would think he's a guy that could play receiver, but I'm guessing he could also end up playing dBack/Kick Returner (who knows for sure?). Like others, i still hope there is room for McDonald and/or Gregory, if either is willing.

I could see him playing some wildcat QB for us....looks to me like he throws the ball pretty well. He can cut and stop on a dime...fun highlight video to watch.

Harbison may be a slot WR but he's not a quick slot guy like a Marcus Jones or Maye. Harbison is a more traditional wide out but he's not big. Kill's (Limegrover's) NIU offense utilized a quick slot guy to run the jet sweep and bubble screens with

Top Bottom