Kisseberth Verbals to Louisiana Tech

Idk his vid looked good but his offer list looked like crap so I'd say proly not a big loss

Well, he was one of the highest ranked players left that the Gophers were among the favorites to land. Not landing him, probably means getting another two star or juco to take his spot.

Isn't this the second or third recruit brewster has been beat out by Louisiana Tech for? Must be something brewing down in Cajun country!

His offers were either pulled or he couldn't make grades. Same with RobDonovan Lewis and a few other guys we were looking at. Nobody chooses L-Tech over multiple big school offers.

It appears that either the university or the coaching staff is taking a more skeptical approach this year as it pertains to accepting kids.

I liked his video, I was hoping he'd be wearing maroon and gold. Best of luck to him at La Tech.

And you know this how? If your source was viable, you would know which one it was, not either/or!
I don't have a source, I'm using common sense. Check it out.

By the by, I'll never respond to you again. You're a troll and not worth my time.

I don't have a source, I'm using common sense. Check it out.

By the by, I'll never respond to you again. You're a troll and not worth my time.

Or he could be choosing to stay closer to home. It is a distinct possibility.

L-Tech is about 5 1/2 hours from where he's from, and I bet it's actually just as easy to get the Big Ten on the TV in Houston as it is a Sun Belt game. 5-6 hours is still closer, but it's getting into flying range.

It's possible, but I would still bet unlikely. Most players simply don't turn down offers from BCS qualifying schools to play in the Sun Belt, but I will grant that I'm speculating, and every person is different. With the scholarships we pulled from players who were already committed, it seems likely that we did the same with guys who hadn't yet as well. Maybe we're just looking to pocket a few. Maybe they are hoping for something better. Maybe the guys just don't check out academically. I don't claim to know any of these things, but choosing schools from the MAC and the Sun Belt seem like the least likely options, and I'm far from a homer.

I totally agree with you, Gopherprof. Don't pay attention to the mindless drivel some low lifes have to post on a message board.

Same reason James Green isn't a Gopher, etc. We recruit guys that could be borderline prospects. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. We usually hear about them being borderline when they don't make it.

Isn't this the second or third recruit brewster has been beat out by Louisiana Tech for? Must be something brewing down in Cajun country!

Good luck to him. I don't think that Louisiana Tech is in true Cajun Country.

With the scholarships we pulled from players who were already committed, it seems likely that we did the same with guys who hadn't yet as well. Maybe we're just looking to pocket a few. Maybe they are hoping for something better. Maybe the guys just don't check out academically. I don't claim to know any of these things, but choosing schools from the MAC and the Sun Belt seem like the least likely options, and I'm far from a homer.
So now you are claiming brewster just up and pulls offers on kids that have been committed for months? Interesting! Tell us who had their offer pulled FOR SURE since it must be common sense! I thought only Wisconsin and "dirtbags" like Lane Kiffin did this?? Nice to see you start using words like maybe and seems!

I totally agree with you, Gopherprof. Don't pay attention to the mindless drivel some low lifes have to post on a message board.

Same reason James Green isn't a Gopher, etc. We recruit guys that could be borderline prospects. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. We usually hear about them being borderline when they don't make it.

That's right! Just keep making it up as you go!

At what point do you just keep a few of the scholarship offers for next year and not use them on average prospects?

L-Tech is about 5 1/2 hours from where he's from, and I bet it's actually just as easy to get the Big Ten on the TV in Houston as it is a Sun Belt game. 5-6 hours is still closer, but it's getting into flying range.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. It's more like 3 1/2 hours. Maybe 4 hours. You could fly from Houston to Shreveport, if you want to waste money.

I know many will make a certain joke about this but wasn't Kisseberth being recruited early on as a TE? I always figured him and Eure were competing for the same scholarship.

I know many will make a certain joke about this but wasn't Kisseberth being recruited early on as a TE? I always figured him and Eure were competing for the same scholarship.

I thought the same thing. Every time I heard his name mentioned it was as a TE.

Hey Gopher Realist62...

I was going to agree with you when you wrote:
"If your source was viable, you would know which one it was, not either/or!"
That previous line is totally unsubstantiated, and superfluous.

But to the post of:
"I totally agree with you, Gopherprof. Don't pay attention to the mindless drivel some low lifes have to post on a message board.

Same reason James Green isn't a Gopher, etc. We recruit guys that could be borderline prospects. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. We usually hear about them being borderline when they don't make it."

~That's right! Just keep making it up as you go!~

That is a perfectly cogent and insightful comment. Please tell me specifically what your issue is with that statement.

His offers were either pulled or he couldn't make grades. Same with RobDonovan Lewis and a few other guys we were looking at. Nobody chooses L-Tech over multiple big school offers.

It appears that either the university or the coaching staff is taking a more skeptical approach this year as it pertains to accepting kids.

Gopherprof,

Your comments above are the ultimate rationalization...those comments are unfair and insulting to the student-athletes...and extremely disappointing, coming from you.

Just an FYI...the ground is shifting under your feet, no matter what you say (type) to make yourself feel better. You've crossed a line.

Hey Gopher Realist62...

I was going to agree with you when you wrote:
"If your source was viable, you would know which one it was, not either/or!"
That previous line is totally unsubstantiated, and superfluous.

But to the post of:
"I totally agree with you, Gopherprof. Don't pay attention to the mindless drivel some low lifes have to post on a message board.

Same reason James Green isn't a Gopher, etc. We recruit guys that could be borderline prospects. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. We usually hear about them being borderline when they don't make it."

~That's right! Just keep making it up as you go!~

That is a perfectly cogent and insightful comment. Please tell me specifically what your issue is with that statement.
Because he; and no one else on this blog, knows for certain if James Green bailed or failed to qualify. To cite academics as the reason he is not here is pure speculation and apology.

Because he; and no one else on this blog, knows for certain if James Green bailed or failed to qualify. To cite academics as the reason he is not here is pure speculation and apology.

Yet you say like the God's truth that Brewster got beat for a recruit by Toledo. You don't know that for sure either. Just a hint, things work a little better when you don't participate in blatant hypocrisy....just a thought for the future, not that I really expect to change your ways.

Yet you say like the God's truth that Brewster got beat for a recruit by Toledo. You don't know that for sure either. Just a hint, things work a little better when you don't participate in blatant hypocrisy....just a thought for the future, not that I really expect to change your ways.
Show me where I quoted that? FYI--when a recruit quickly changes from program A to program B; especially after a large amount of orchestrated hoopla surrounding the original 'committ' to program A, probablity would indicate {bride being left at the alter} as oppossed to academics. See Mr. Huff.

It is not pure speculation.

From Kent Youngblood on Jan. 11th:

Green to Toledo?

ESPN is reporting, and some sources have confirmed to me, that four--star wide receiver James Green will be playing at Toledo rather than Minnesota this fall.

Green was the 6-2, speedy receiver from Florida who originally signed a letter of intent to play for Tennessee last year. But he had to sit out because he didn't qualify academically. He recently gave a verbal and signed a scholarship agreement with the Gophers.

Unfortunately, I'm being told that he did not qualify to be admitted here, the reason for his change of commitment.

Just to clear things up: Green did not sign a letter of intent to play at the U. An athlete can only sign one LOI and Green already had signed one with Tennessee. That means any subsequent commitment or signed scholarship agreement is not binding.

It is not pure speculation.

From Kent Youngblood on Jan. 11th:

Green to Toledo?

ESPN is reporting, and some sources have confirmed to me, that four--star wide receiver James Green will be playing at Toledo rather than Minnesota this fall.

Green was the 6-2, speedy receiver from Florida who originally signed a letter of intent to play for Tennessee last year. But he had to sit out because he didn't qualify academically. He recently gave a verbal and signed a scholarship agreement with the Gophers.

Unfortunately, I'm being told that he did not qualify to be admitted here, the reason for his change of commitment.

Just to clear things up: Green did not sign a letter of intent to play at the U. An athlete can only sign one LOI and Green already had signed one with Tennessee. That means any subsequent commitment or signed scholarship agreement is not binding.
That's some powerful evidence there! Doesn't even give a direct or indirect source, "he has just been told." Case closed! lol "Unfortunately, I've been told otherwise!? Tie score?

That's some powerful evidence there! Doesn't even give a direct or indirect source, "he has just been told." Case closed! lol "Unfortunately, I've been told otherwise!? Tie score?

Everyone is mad at you

I'll take Kent's word over some random GH poster with an obvious anti-Brewster agenda.

Also, from a Marcus Fuller tweet: "Green is already enrolled at Toledo. I've heard he couldn't get in academically here."

I'll consider sources from the strib and pioneer press as being stronger than any poster on GH.

At the end of the day, I don't really care about what happened to Green, but it does bother me to see you rip on people for "speculating" when there are legit sources to support what they are saying.

I don't know if anyone does more speculating on here than you. And you call yourself a realist.:clap:

Top Bottom