Kirk Herbstreit gets emotional on ESPN today (video)

What exactly do you mean by that?

Do some research me boy. They all tell it like it is.

I'm off the Herbstreit wagon. I don't think it was contrived, but he's just another clown who has only minimally remarked on the subject for decades and now is woke? Give me a break.

It is really great to see the pro sports leagues all acknowledging that changes have to be made and now a leader in CFB broadcasting speaking from the heart. We definitely have to take action to level the playing field in income, education, healthcare, and public safety for people that have been an underclass for far too long.
I was embarrassed that I didn't realize that for white people MN ranks as one of the best places to live and one of the worst (only second to Mississippi for cripes sake) for black people.
One of the reasons that the Tyler Johnson story at the U was so heart warming was there was a young man from the North Side that succeeded at the home town school. In the future having a decent percentage of kids graduating and attending school after high school shouldn't be such a huge deal for kids at North or Henry (or St Paul schools).

The Colorado State player who out going door to door in a neighborhood was gets confronted by a guy all geared up with an assault rifle and so on because that guy watches news that tells him "antifa" is gonna fuck up his neighborhood.

Like what kinda world is it where just going to a neighborhood and being black gets that kinda response?

It's a different world for folks in that world.

^^ Rodents video just goes to show, you can never get 100% of people to agree on almost anything.

But if say ... 70-80% of Black Americans agree with Herby and support what he said in the OP video, then that is what we should focus on.

^^ Rodents video just goes to show, you can never get 100% of people to agree on almost anything.

But if say ... 70-80% of Black Americans agree with Herby and support what he said in the OP video, then that is what we should focus on.
Would love to have some of the so called 70% talk with Mr. Tatum and see what they think after. Most blacks think of themselves as victims which just gives them an excuse to fail.

Would love to have some of the so called 70% talk with Mr. Tatum and see what they think after. Most blacks think of themselves as victims which just gives them an excuse to fail.
Fail, in what sense, for example?

I got news for you world, racism is a two (or 4) way street. What is often mistaken for racism is actually stereotyping.

The only white racism I have actually seen in abundance in the past couple months, are white liberal rioters burning down black businesses in the name of BLM. 🤷‍♂️ it's that ironic.

Last edited:

I got news for you world, racism is a two (or 4) way street. What is often mistaken for racism is actually stereotyping.

The only white racism I have actually seen in abundance in the past couple months, are white liberal rioters burning down black businesses in the name of BLM. 🤷‍♂️ it's that ironic.

Haha. "In the past couple months"? The whole point is not what has happened in the past couple months, but for many years leading up to now.

Also it's not about WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN. It's about those who are different from you HAVE EXPERIENCED.

If you can't and won't listen with an open mind, then that's a shame

I thought Herbstreit was Republican?

This guy gets it as to the real problem that black people face. We have much racism here in the United States. Its an every day issue that people are completely out of touch about.
The one thing that isn't completely clear is, for such a remarkably racist society we are, why do we only hear about the trials and tribulations and challenges and atrocities of one race? If we're such terrible people, why aren't we hearing from Japanese, Filipino, Latino, Chinese, Middle Eastern, et al about just how terrible it is here in the United States?

The one thing that isn't completely clear is, for such a remarkably racist society we are, why do we only hear about the trials and tribulations and challenges and atrocities of one race? If we're such terrible people, why aren't we hearing from Japanese, Filipino, Latino, Chinese, Middle Eastern, et al about just how terrible it is here in the United States?

those races don’t play the victim mentality. They work hard to get where they want to be and not listen to the victim crowd keeping them down. Blacks are waking up more and more and seeing that the Democrats have been truly suppressing them. There isn’t a racism problem in America, there is a fake one being pushed by the media, techies, social justice warriors and liberals

those races don’t play the victim mentality. They work hard to get where they want to be and not listen to the victim crowd keeping them down. Blacks are waking up more and more and seeing that the Democrats have been truly suppressing them. There isn’t a racism problem in America, there is a fake one being pushed by the media, techies, social justice warriors and liberals
Techies?? Cripes, them too? Is that what Q told you now?

I respect you both as humans, despite not knowing you. An internet message board is a hard place to dive into very complex issues like racism, but I want you to know I'm a middle-aged, middle-class, White dude who mostly grew up in Minnesota and Iowa and I STRENUOUSLY disagree with your positions. But I don't think lesser of you, and I hope you don't think lesser of me.

Your view is fairly common and referred to in academic circles as the "model minority myth." I'll point out a few issues with it, but again, I respect your right to this belief and am sure your life experiences have brought you to it.
  • This belief assumes that all people of a particular group experience the same things. So all Asians, all Latinx, all African-Americans (AA) have similar experiences -- and therefore, similar reasons for "making it" or not.
  • This belief ignores the fact that most minority groups other than AA came to America willingly and in search of better opportunities. This, as opposed to AA who were brought here suddenly and totally against their will, separated from their families (both immediate and extended), forced to work for no pay, and horribly brutalized for over 200 years -- even after emancipation.
  • There's a lot of research about how members of these groups are treated in general in the US. For example, call about an apartment for rent and give the names, "Emily Smith", "Shelly Chang", and "Imani Brown" and see who gets a call back quickest. Similar studies on mortgage loans (same credit scores, income, etc.).

Hierarchy, like India caste system, blacks are at the bottom. Light skin blacks even look down on dark skin blacks.

Top Bottom