Kill, Sawvel visit Cobb at Senior Bowl practice

Gophers Draft tidbits

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lets get a thread about the draft. I think Cobb is going to be top 3 RB off the board this year. Cant wait to draft him for my fantasy team.

His lack of *elite* speed will probably be someone's true gift in the 4th round.

Guy reporting from senior bowl was on kfan with PA the other day. He said that Cobb will be picked before the end of the third round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've done some preliminary eval on jshowers, and I suspect he'll be a low-priority, undrafted free agent scout. No real upside. It might be best just to call it a career.

I've done some preliminary eval on jshowers, and I suspect he'll be a low-priority, undrafted free agent scout. No real upside. It might be best just to call it a career.

+goldenshowers

Game will be today at 3:00 today on NFL network. I'll probably switch over to it no matter how close the basketball game is. Just not very much meaning in these games anymore.

Cobb's first carry he took for 25-yards. Made a couple nice cuts. Dude's vision is so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobb came in with a better year than Abdullah, no? Yet Ameer, who supposedly has
a hamstring injury, is getting all the looks.
Cobb has a few carries, and has hit big runs on almost all of them, yet Ameer playing
way more over him. Stupid. Better not see Abdullah at all in the second half.

Didn't realize this at first, but Concordia-St Paul has a kicker in this game,
missed a 49 yd attempt that went wide left, but good leg.

Seems like the south is going in really long drives minimizing the North's offensive possessions and Cobb's carries. That last drive took over 7 minutes.

die hard gopherHole 1017246 said:
Good drive for Cobb but you have to catch that!

4 Yd TD for Cobb at the 40 second mark of the third quarter after the interception return to the 4. It as a very typical powerful Cobb run and not as much of the shifty Cobb type run we often saw.

Okay, I just backed it up and re-watched it, and Cobb received the ball from a Pistol formation at the 8 yard line and he did a very good job of seeing and picking the right hole, so it was a typical Cobb run that showed great patience and vision.

Cobb has done what we've grown to expect. Insanely good vision. Scouts will notice that. I am praying that he ends up as a Viking.

David Cobb: 11 Carries for 69 yards. 1 TD, Long of 25 yards. And 2 catches for 16 yards.

He also got and two bad TFLs due to bad O-line play. If you take that away he has about 9 carries for 80 yards.

I went on the team stream app and saw Abdullah got MVP. I then went on here first thing and was hoping to see updates on how Cobb played. Glad to see he did well and improved his draft stock throughout the last week or so. I think he will be a good NFL back. You can have a very good career grinding out 4-5 yards a carry and occasionally breaking a 20+ yard run. I'm excited to watch him play on Sundays.

I went on the team stream app and saw Abdullah got MVP. I then went on here first thing and was hoping to see updates on how Cobb played. Glad to see he did well and improved his draft stock throughout the last week or so. I think he will be a good NFL back. You can have a very good career grinding out 4-5 yards a carry and occasionally breaking a 20+ yard run. I'm excited to watch him play on Sundays.

NFL coaches hate guys that fumble alot and Abdullah is a fumble machine. I've heard he has tiny hands...not just small, but tiny for an NFL back...so when they do the measurements at the combine, might move his needled down.

Abdullah got MVP? For what? That kid from Take probably shouldn't have been MVP..
..I think this whole thing was set up for Ameer, seriously.

Abdullah got MVP? For what? That kid from Take probably shouldn't have been MVP..
..I think this whole thing was set up for Ameer, seriously.

Meh, you could make a case for Cobb, Abdullah or Varga, the Yale FB.

NFL coaches hate guys that fumble alot and Abdullah is a fumble machine. I've heard he has tiny hands...not just small, but tiny for an NFL back...so when they do the measurements at the combine, might move his needled down.

Well there is a fix for that. Just deflate the ball.

The reason you participate in the Senior Bowl, is to allow NFL scouts to get a closer look at you and improve your draft stock, mission accomplished for Cobb. Abdullah, is in the same place he was coming into the game, he created as many questions as he answered.

The reason you participate in the Senior Bowl, is to allow NFL scouts to get a closer look at you and improve your draft stock, mission accomplished for Cobb. Abdullah, is in the same place he was coming into the game, he created as many questions as he answered.

What questions did Abdullah create today?

More during the week his ability to hold on to the football given his small hands. He did assuage some concerns about his ability to catch the football. The net effect is that his draft stock is unchanged.

Cobb had his usual Cobb day. He looked good. I don't think he has 100% of his burst back but he was cutting well and made guys miss. He had some nice catches but dropped a poorly thrown ball thrown over and slightly behind his head.

I think he probably improved his draft position with some teams. Can anyone recall a player with such varied draft predictions? One one side we have Russ Lande saying he wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted before Gordon ( I seriously doubt this) and on the other hand our resident guru Jshower's has him as a low priority UDFA, and projections all over the map in between.

If Cobb can work on his 40 without aggravating the hamstring and go 4.6 or less he'll be in demand. That hamstring and whether he can train at full speed will be the difference.

Cobb had his usual Cobb day. He looked good. I don't think he has 100% of his burst back but he was cutting well and made guys miss. He had some nice catches but dropped a poorly thrown ball thrown over and slightly behind his head.

I think he probably improved his draft position with some teams. Can anyone recall a player with such varied draft predictions? One one side we have Russ Lande saying he wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted before Gordon ( I seriously doubt this) and on the other hand our resident guru Jshower's has him as a low priority UDFA, and projections all over the map in between.

If Cobb can work on his 40 without aggravating the hamstring and go 4.6 or less he'll be in demand. That hamstring and whether he can train at full speed will be the difference.

The consensus among scouts is that his burst looked much better this week than it ever did at Minnesota.

The consensus among scouts is that his burst looked much better this week than it ever did at Minnesota.

Then they didn't watch all the games. He had an extra gear early/mid season. He started to wear down a bit and since the injury hasn't been quite the same. He's close to 100% now and I hope he doesn't aggravate it.

Top Bottom