Kill Presser must See

Just watched the entire press conference. I think Kill is going to turn this thing around but it might take years instead of games. So we gotta be patient.

Sorry, but you can't tell whether or not someone is going to turn it around from listening to a press conference.

All this speculating on whether Kill will turn it around or won't is foolish and a waste of time. This thing will run its course. If there isn't improvement by year 3 or 4, he is going to be gone. If there is, he will still be the coach.

Unless he wins a BTT or commits major NCAA violations, nobody can say before at least year 3 that this guy should go immediately or stay until he retires. So just sit back, relax, and see what happens. That's the nature of hiring and firing NCAA football coaches

"What we have on the OL, if you look at the OL, is Jimmy Gjere, who's a RS freshman, Olson is a sophmore, I wish he was RSed. They're both out, they don't play in the 2nd half. So then we put in 165 lbs LT in, Lenkiewicz, he played as hard as he could play.. he did a heck of a job. We played another kid that played in there that he, shoot, he wasn't even going to be here when I first got here because he wouldn't put on a brown shirt. And he's playing.."

Just about word for word. Not sure who.. I could run down the list of freshmen OL we have.. Bjorklund, Tommy Olson, The McAvoys, Foster Bush, Campion, Christenson are all true frosh.. Then the RS freshmen other than who coach mentioned are Epping and Ferguson. Anyone want to rewatch that disaster of a game to find out who else came in and played at OL, feel free. I'm not desperate enough to subject myself to that game again. =/

Pretty sure it was Sean Ferguson.

Sorry, but you can't tell whether or not someone is going to turn it around from listening to a press conference.

All this speculating on whether Kill will turn it around or won't is foolish and a waste of time. This thing will run its course. If there isn't improvement by year 3 or 4, he is going to be gone. If there is, he will still be the coach.

Unless he wins a BTT or commits major NCAA violations, nobody can say before at least year 3 that this guy should go immediately or stay until he retires. So just sit back, relax, and see what happens. That's the nature of hiring and firing NCAA football coaches

Where did I say he is going to stay until he retires? All I said is that I have confidence in his ability to turn it around but we are going to have to be patient. Your post makes it sound like Gopher fans can't discuss how he has done until year 3 or 4. The nature of hiring and firing football coaches is that fans will discuss and analyze the coaches job performance.

Zac Epping played the second half at RT after Gjere went down. I think the Loafer shirt incident happened early in the Spring...Epping actually missed a practice and there was a question if he was an academic casualty...guess he was almost not a Gopher over the Loafer shirts...interesting.

No I got his point.
He's using Ron zooks 3rd place finish to justify calling him a good coach despite the fact that he lost by such wide margins in his first year.

I would argue zook is a very good recruiter and a very mediocre coach that only outperforms his talent when he has very good coordinators.

Not to be argumentative but the world is full of incompetent people who are successful because they've surrounded themselves with very good people. Lovie Smith and B Bielema immediately come to mind. Brewster could have and likely would have been successful at Minnesota if he had hired a really good staff that had actually stayed with him the entire time.

Top Bottom