Kill Press Conference

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Tweets so far:

Nate Sandell ‏@NSandell
Kill said Barker had a confrontation with one of the team trainers in practice Thursday. Kill then called Barker over to talk.
Expand

5m Nate Sandell ‏@NSandell
Kill confirms that after Barker didn't show up for training yesterday he received the scathing email sent by Barker #Gophers
Expand

6m Nate Sandell ‏@NSandell
Kill at the podium #Gophers

If anyone is listening, feel free to summarize or comment on what you are hearing.

Kill getting support from former players...

Nate Sandell ‏@NSandell
Kill said former Gophers DL Brandon Kirksey called today and said "Hey coach, I don't know what's going on man, but you changed my life."

Kill just said he's spent more time speaking with AJ Barker than his own daughter who is headed to Mayo Clinic today.

If Barker hadn't been a total knucklehead and posted that email...this could have been worked out. We all lose by his immaturity. bummer.

GH's Nadine Babu is at the press conference and will post the notes as soon as its over.

Go Gophers!!

Not related, but noteworthy. As someone who has torn their ACL, I feel really bad for Beal.

Nate Sandell ‏@NSandell
Off-handily, Kill mentioned that the MRI on LB Brendan Beal's right knee "doesn't look good" #Gophers Same knee that he has torn ACL twice

who is the Gopher Football hater on with Joe? Bitching about the Brandon Kirksey / Jerry Kill agenda? The guy sounds angry?

I'm glad that Kill is being proactive in addressing this. He's defending himself without being totally dismissive of Barker, which is the right move both from a PR perspective, and as a human being.

Also, the line about giving Connor Cosgrove pretty much sealed it for me.

Kill is no silver tongued orator when things are going good. His opening statement at the press conference was pathetic. It provides plenty of clues how he treats players when nobody is watching. People need to ask themselves this question: If Tony Dungy was coaching the Gophers would this situation have happened?

My old roommate said he listened to both Barker and Kill's pressers, he pretty much echoed what other have said: Barker came across horribly and Kill did a good job discussing what happened.

Kill is no silver tongued orator when things are going good. His opening statement at the press conference was pathetic. It provides plenty of clues how he treats players when nobody is watching. People need to ask themselves this question: If Tony Dungy was coaching the Gophers would this situation have happened?[/QUOTE]

Who cares. He never coached the Gophers.

Kill is no silver tongued orator when things are going good. His opening statement at the press conference was pathetic. It provides plenty of clues how he treats players when nobody is watching. People need to ask themselves this question: If Tony Dungy was coaching the Gophers would this situation have happened?

No, we really don't need to ask ourselves that question. It doesn't mean a thing.

Also, the line about giving Connor Cosgrove pretty much sealed it for me.

Connor is a medical non-counter, so it's not like he takes up a spot on the 85 man roster like Barker would have.

I think Jerry presented himself well. I think AJ is just coming across as a little thin skinned. It sounds like he just snapped after he got chewed out after disrespecting Jerry's staff.

No, we really don't need to ask ourselves that question. It doesn't mean a thing.

Sure it does. There are coaches much better coaches than Kill all over America who would have figured out a way to handle the situation with Barker without it becoming a national news story.

Sure it does. There are coaches much better coaches than Kill all over America who would have figured out a way to handle this situation without it becoming a national news story.

How? AJ admitted to blind siding Jerry.

Dungy has won a Super Bowl. I won't argue that he's a better coach than Kill. Still has no relevance to this story whatsoever.

I think Jerry presented himself well. I think AJ is just coming across as a little thin skinned. It sounds like he just snapped after he got chewed out after disrespecting Jerry's staff.

Yeah, this is only going to get worse for AJ. The team on the other hand will move on play MSU and get ready for the bowl game. This is going to be a non-issue very quickly.

How? AJ admitted to blind siding Jerry.

+1. He stated in a letter, that the letter would come as a surprise to Coach. Not Coach Kills fault the kid wanted to handle it the way he did. Without even meeting with the Kill face-to-face no less.

Top Bottom