KFAN running a Gophers show on NOW

Does anyone know if Podcasts will be available of this show?!

I wasted some time listening to the podcast today. The opening segment was TERRIBLE, two uniformed hosts rambling not good. The show got better with the interview of DB. First 20 minutes D-, interview B+, Overall C-.

the majority on this board can't stand KFAN anyway and are not going to like anyything they do Gopher related regardless.

it was the first show. give it a chance it may just turnout ok in time.

Being a KFAN-hater, I would give this a thumbs up! Sure, for the informed Gopher fan, they spoke in generalities, but I didn't hear any Gopher bashing. Not sure I would like to hear their rambling every week. Interviews are much more interesting.

I find it pretty ironic that those of ya'll that hate KFAN for bashing the Gophers for years refuse to tune in to their first real attempt of a Gopher show.

Here's why it's ironic.. The big wigs at the Fan will see the low ratings and probably can the show, or keep it pre-recorded.

What we, as 'Gopher Nation' need to do is tune in. Call in. Email the program/producers. Show them we care and are a force that they want to tune in. Then their Gopher programming increases.

Even if you hate the shows, if they have something, anything, Gopher related.. Tune in if only for that segment. The more they see their ratings jump with Gopher related bits/segments, the more Gopher related bits/segments they'll put on.

EDIT: I'm not saying ALL of the Fan haters don't tune in.. I'm targeting the ones that openly admit to refusing to tuning in.

I find it pretty ironic that those of ya'll that hate KFAN for bashing the Gophers for years refuse to tune in to their first real attempt of a Gopher show.

Here's why it's ironic.. The big wigs at the Fan will see the low ratings and probably can the show, or keep it pre-recorded.

What we, as 'Gopher Nation' need to do is tune in. Call in. Email the program/producers. Show them we care and are a force that they want to tune in. Then their Gopher programming increases.

Even if you hate the shows, if they have something, anything, Gopher related.. Tune in if only for that segment. The more they see their ratings jump with Gopher related bits/segments, the more Gopher related bits/segments they'll put on.

EDIT: I'm not saying ALL of the Fan haters don't tune in.. I'm targeting the ones that openly admit to refusing to tuning in.

+1

If we all tune in regardless of whether it is good or not, that will teach them that we will accept any crap they fling at us. Besides, they don't know if you are listening or not. I was once selected by Arbitron to log what I listened to on the radio, that was the only time I had any effect on ratings.

or we could log onto a website such as this

that I know they read and voice our complaints that way. I have been as critical as anyone against KFAN for their poor gopher coverage and anti-gopher comments through the years and I am willing to give them the opportunity to win me over for gopher coverage, but I also have to be entertained, and for the time period I listened I just wasn't entertained, in fact I was annoyed again with the lack of knowledge, the first segment was brutal and was done at a high school level.

I've found that the best way to voice my opinions is with my money. Since public air waves obtain their money through advertisement, and the advertisement is based on ratings, then I'll be damned if I give them my air time. They are in a position of having to win back their customers, and that means they need to invest heavily in changing their public image. That is the cost they should be aware of when they decided to take on a sports entity they tried to marginalize for many previous years.

WAAAAAHHHHHH!! People were mean to me in the past and I can't get over it! Even though the team didn't really deserve any good press because they are terrible and had an imbecile for a coach! WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

WAAAAAHHHHHH!! People were mean to me in the past and I can't get over it! Even though the team didn't really deserve any good press because they are terrible and had an imbecile for a coach! WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

That is a whole lot of mad from a kfan groupie.

That is a whole lot of mad from a kfan groupie.

Has nothing to do with defending KFAN. It's honestly how you sound when it comes to them. If you don't at least occasionally tune in how would you EVER know that they are putting out good material?

No one ever said you had to listen to the complete show. I already stated.. Find out when they are doing Gopher bits, and listen to them. Call in ONLY during Gopher related programming. Tune out as soon as they go off on some psuedo-political ramblings (Danny B.. I'm looking at you). But for the love man, you can't have it both ways.

If we all tune in regardless of whether it is good or not, that will teach them that we will accept any crap they fling at us. Besides, they don't know if you are listening or not. I was once selected by Arbitron to log what I listened to on the radio, that was the only time I had any effect on ratings.

How would you even know if it's good?! That is my point. Listen to the Gopher stuff... if you don't like it, not homerish enough for you, whatever... Turn it off. But to turn KFAN into a strong Gopher related sports entity, we NEED to let our voices be heard through the ratings. The big wigs won't continue Gopher related material if they see the ratings drop thanks to the heavily influenced pro-sports talk listeners we have in this town. But if they jump up or stay steady during Gopher stuff, it tells them that Gopher fans care. We have to start somewhere.

Whether or not you listen doesn't actually affect the ratings. KFAN can't know what you're listening to, your radio doesn't report back to KFAN.

What you are arguing for is different then how I see it coming to fruition. You think that the quality will improve only if people start listening in. I think the quality will improve when they recognize nobody is listening to what they put out. We fundamentally disagree on how we think we can influence change.

Whether or not you listen doesn't actually affect the ratings. KFAN can't know what you're listening to, your radio doesn't report back to KFAN.

If this is true then I'm pretty naive. I thought there was a signal sent out occasionally as a response system. Is that tv only?

With TV, ratings come from "Neilsen Families", volunteers who are selected to be the basis for the Neilsen Ratings. Some of these families self-report what they watch, others have special equipment which automatically reports back what they watch.

With Radio, they have the Aribtron Ratings, where they randomly survey people about what they listen to. I have been called for telephone surveys, and I have been mailed logs to report back what radio stations I listened to and when. But just listening to a show doesn't affect their ratings.

Thanks for the clarification. It seems my militant stance will not change the quality of program. The bright side is I don't have to listen to crap either in the hope that it will encourage them to do something different.

That's why I said to call in and email during the shows.

That's why I said to call in and email during the shows.
Can you please show me where you were stating that? I only see to tune in and listen and turn it off after.

Bolded.

Ah I took those as separate actions, my fault on the reading comprehension.

Top Bottom