KFAN is a joke

Kuato Lives!

Delvin, MN
Reaction score
They are struggling to talk about the Gopher's recruiting class right now. The guy that PA is talking to about the recruits said he doesn't really know much about the type of players that are being brought.

Really? This is the best you can on signing day?

They are struggling to talk about the Gopher's recruiting class right now. The guy that PA is talking to about the recruits said he doesn't really know much about the type of players that are being brought.

With their history of covering Gophers football were you really expecting anything else? It's why I don't listen anymore. I guarantee the later shows will be ripping Coach Brewster & the new recruits; or at the very least will have some smug condescending comments the they think will be "oh so clever".

It's sad when the quality of the station declines after firing a cocaine addict.

They could have done some research, so they could have an informed opinion about the recruits. That's their freaking job, to actually know something about sports so they can tell listeners about it. Maybe they just don't grasp that their audience just might be interested in the recruits that the Gophers brought in.

It would take them a couple hours maybe to do some basic research, these aren't names coming out of the blue. They could have interns to the research, and hand them cheat sheets so they could appear as if they knew something.

They're talking about how North Dakota is loading up on metro "talent".

No offense, but you just learned today that KFAN is a joke? I've often thought that if I had the capital, I just might start a real sports radio station around here.

I don't know why anyone would be listening to PA to begin with. Guarantee you'll hear the phrase "We got 'em" and "Your guy" this afternoon 3-6:30

Earlier they said that the Totino Grace running back if not for grades would be the "best talent in the state by far". Wow, that kids grades must have been terrible if not a single D1 school offered.

No offense, but you just learned today that KFAN is a joke? I've often thought that if I had the capital, I just might start a real sports radio station around here.

No, I learned years ago KFAN was a joke. But after the whole PA rant about Brewster and the media earlier this year, and his claiming to be a huge Gopher fan, I figured maybe, just maybe they could assemble a half-assed recruiting show. I was wrong.

KFAN suggestion

With their history of covering Gophers football were you really expecting anything else? It's why I don't listen anymore. I guarantee the later shows will be ripping Coach Brewster & the new recruits; or at the very least will have some smug condescending comments the they think will be "oh so clever".

It's sad when the quality of the station declines after firing a cocaine addict.

Why wouldn't they have brought in the Fargo Flash to do this piece. Justin does very credible job during the season with Mike Morris.

Why wouldn't they have brought in the Fargo Flash to do this piece. Justin does very credible job during the season with Mike Morris.

You just answered your own question.

They're talking about how North Dakota is loading up on metro "talent".

Maybe we ought to steal away NDSU recruits out of spite. :D It's of course possible that they will land recruits that were overlooked by the I-A schools, that does happen. But if no other I-A schools offered scholarships to that player, then a whole lot of other schools missed out too. If they want to give some time to talk about the recruits that other area schools signed, that's fine. But they seem to be more interested in using this to talk smack against the U than to talk about area schools.

I though I read somewhere that Tom Lemming ranks our class fifth in the Big Ten.

Rivals has the Gophers at 6, ESPN has us in the middle too. PA went with what he thought would make the best story. He knows nothing about college football, but he wasn't "wrong" per se, when he said that we were ranked #11.

Rivals ranks it 6th and I believe ESPN likes our recruits better than Scout too (not sure if they rank classes though).

And people still think the Vikings have nothing to do with the Gophers. This event would be covered so differently if there were no pro football team in town.

Speaking of KFAN........

Anybody hear lately whatever happened to Jeff Dubay? He had that run-in with the law awhile ago and let go from the station. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Go Gophers on signing day!!!

This event would be covered differently if the Gophers had a better on-field track record.

Anybody hear lately whatever happened to Jeff Dubay? He had that run-in with the law awhile ago and let go from the station. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

He was in the news recently. I think he failed another drug test or something and will be spending some time in the slammer.

This event would be covered differently if the Gophers had a better on-field track record.

So basically once KFAN gets on the bandwagon?

Failed several court ordered drug tests. :(

I though I read somewhere that Tom Lemming ranks our class fifth in the Big Ten.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100129/SPORTS0201/1290347/-1/rss

Tom Lemming of CBS Sports/Prep Football Report

1. Penn State

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. Iowa

5. Purdue

6. Michigan State

7. Minnesota

8. Wisconsin

9. Northwestern

10. Indiana

11. Illinois

Scout.com

1. Penn State

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. Michigan State

5. Wisconsin

6. Iowa

7. Purdue

8. Indiana

9. Northwestern

10. Minnesota

11. Illinois

Rivals.com

1. Penn State

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. Michigan State

5. Iowa

6. Minnesota

7. Purdue

8. Northwestern

9. Illinois

10. Wisconsin

11. Indiana

If the Vikings were to move, I don't think things would change much. The on-air "talent" they have would still consider covering the Gophers to be beneath them. They pretty much think it is all about them. Maybe we need a second sports radio station, we could use some competition. A second sports station that was more willing to talk about the Gophers would draw off some of their audience.

So long as they can keep their audience without having to be bothered with spending the time to give an honest, fair and informed opinion of the Gophers, they won't bother.

What the heck happended to Illinois' recruiting? That was the one feather in Zook's cap and now he cant even do that. Thats a program heading in the wrong direction.

What the heck happended to Illinois' recruiting? That was the one feather in Zook's cap and now he cant even do that. Thats a program heading in the wrong direction.

Zook's been a dead coach walking since October. The only reason he didn't get fired this past winter is because everyone else at the University of Illinois either resigned in disgrace or was fired due to an admissions scandal tied in with former Governor Blago.

Who shoved a stick up Scout's ass?

Scout has never ranked a gopher class high that I can remember. As an example, they had Laurence Maroney as a 2-star whereas Rivals had him a 4-star and we all know how that turned out. That is just one random example, but Scout has never given any of our classes much love.

That's not really my beef with Scout however. My biggest beef is that they don't update anything worth a buckshot whereas Rivals updates things pretty consistently. Therefore, I'm never sure how accurate Scout is in their evaluations.

Top Bottom